CC has made his recommendations

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think it's a decent signing for third choice so perhaps gives an idea of the level of player were looking at

Wasn't our last third choice an International with a team who just made the semi finals of the Euros could be argued we have lowered the standard lol 

59 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Post-Wembley recruitment.. You what? There's no handbook for this. We're not Middlesbrough, our needs will be different. There is no-one to copy. Boils down to whatever it takes for us to get there. 

Woah...I wasn't assuming there was a handbook, I didn't say we we're Middlesborough and I didn't say our needs where the same

It's just a good benchmark

and probably deserved it's own thread to be fair

Edited by bigash_swfc

42 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Only lost one quality player, Lopez. Gained an outstanding player, in Fletcher. How can we be destined for 8th or 9th?

Of course we need a few defenders. But no doubt they are in the pipeline.

We also lost our first and second choice left back, backup CB as well as Lopez

That's probably why we've dropped 3 places in his assessment...

5 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Woah...I wasn't assuming there was a handbook, I didn't say we we're Middlesborough and I didn't say our needs where the same

It's just a good benchmark

Your right mate if we spent 10 to 15 million on 3 or 4  decent players i think we would have a right chance of going 

5 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

2 lb needed 

Strong bossy mf needed 

Winger needed

Cb needed

1 striker needed 

Now that sounds a lot but if we want auto then we need these

I've only just managed to lose half a stone... 

The last thing I need is 2 lb!! 

12 hours ago, owler66 said:

Come on everyone transfer window doesn't shut for another 6 weeks not tonight,they will be aditions like last season BB and FF came in when the season had already started.

Agree and agree they were excellent additions, but the poor start to the season last year was likely to be in down to us not having a settled squad. Be nice to change what seem to be a habit of a our's to leave everything to the last minute. 

16 hours ago, elvin parsnip said:

Who is doing the deals now Alridge has gone - is it that new bloke or what

Yes, I wondered about this. No need to worry though, whoever it is, they are doing a pretty good job so far. To secure Fletcher, amid interest from the likes of Hull and Norwich, shows that they can get deals over the line.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, I wondered about this. No need to worry though, whoever it is, they are doing a pretty good job so far. To secure Fletcher, amid interest from the likes of Hull and Norwich, shows that they can get deals over the line.

Not if we've put all our eggs in one Fletcher sized basket.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Well he was a key signing, but I think the one we'll push the boat out for, is a new centre back

I hope your right, however I can see no evidence that we will be spending a penny.