CC has made his recommendations

32 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Badly need :

a winger

a left back

a cb

a cm 

so minimum of 4 quality players 

We badly need a centre back and a left back, the others can be loan deals in August, if needs be

Edited by gurujuan

Ya big girls blouses. The only position we " desperately" need anyone is left back. Do you seriously think the way the club is now being run we will go into the villa game without a left back?? Dave Allen and 342 are a thing of the past

Guest wilyfox
35 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I've a sneaking feeling we might, against all odds, win the race for Hanley. Can't see beyond Pudil for the left back spot

I have my doubts. The figures have been talked up to 8mil. His auction is heading towards McCormack territory. Don't think we can go with that, even if he is the ideal candidate. 

38 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I've a sneaking feeling we might, against all odds, win the race for Hanley. Can't see beyond Pudil for the left back spot

Dont want either to be honest, one not good enough, other too expensive.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I think Hanley is one of those who we would have poached on our way to the PL if we'd beaten Hull. I'll be stunned if we sign him this summer.

I agree.

Been digging, on marca.com

There's a LB called Luisinho

- Portuguese 

- Experienced, 31 year old

- Previously played for Braga, Benfica and currently Deportivo 

- Been told he can leave

Also Celta Vigo have announced a 20 man squad to travel to Uruguay for a couple of friendlies, but couldn't find if Alex Lopez was apart of the squad. They seem to be spending abit recently after selling Nolito to Manchester City

Alex Lopez doesn't travel to Uruguay with Celta Vigo*

Twenty players make up the Celtic expedition that for a week will focus on Montevideo: Sergio Ruben Hugo Mallo, Lemos, Jonny, Cabral, Sergi Gómez, David Costas, Planas, Radoja, Wass, Bongonda, Drazic, Jose Naranjo, Iago Aspas, Borja Fernandez Borja Iglesias, Pape Cheikh, Diego Alende and Brais Mendez.

29 minutes ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

People really saying Pudil isn't good enough?! Ha, really? Thought he proved himself last season how much of an asset he can be. Would be the priority signing for me

Yes, quite

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I wonder if Joe Bennett is on our list of targets. He's still 3rd choice LB at best for Villa and coming into the last year of his contract. Perhaps a 6 month loan with an option to buy in January. 

Season long loan for Pudil too would seem a good deal for all. Review next year when his contract is up.

Pudil kept Bennett out the team here. Clearly shows which of them Carlos feels is better of the two. Doubt Watford would loan Pudil for the remainder of his contract. They'll want a sale.