CC has made his recommendations

Something I find slightly surprising, we keep dismissing McGugan, as if he's surplus to requirements, and yet Carlos didn't include him in the players who are available for transfer. It's right, he wasn't a favoured starter under Carlos, but all the while he remains, he is at least an option

Guest wilyfox
Just now, elvin parsnip said:

Who is doing the deals now Alridge has gone - is it that new bloke or what

Probably someone we're completely unaware of. 

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, elvin parsnip said:

Just think PA sorted us some good deals and the new bloke will be rubbish and we will end up with a pile of garbage and back in L1 - I need to get a grip it's the last 15 years what's done it ...,

:tango:

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

With a keeper on the way, and Fletcher already signed, wouldn't that be more revolution, than evolution

No, it would be replacing the players that have left. Plus adding a bit of steel and speed into the areas we are lacking. 

1 minute ago, elvin parsnip said:

We are crying out for a winger unless he's going to play Bannan on the wing like most of the first halves of a match last season then change it when he realises for the 10th time it doesn't work

I think it works in some games but all our wide players are so one paced (unless FF plays there) we can be easily frustrated. 

The next signing will give us a good idea of where we are in the transfer market.

I think that Chansiri knows how much it's going to cost for a said that will challenge the for promotion.  The question is If he's willing to put that much in. 

Last year was a free shot at promotion, Carlos and the players nearly did the unthinkable. Neither he or Chansiri will want or expect anything less than top 6.

4 minutes ago, ReluctantNicko said:

Chansiri said Premier League by 2017 (ie promotion this coming season)...squad as it stands will finish about  8th or 9th.

Good job it's not the end of the transfer window for a while yet then, eh?

The squad we started last season with would most likely not have had a sniff of the playoffs, what with Forestieri, Pudil, Bannan and Hooper not joining until later on.

We're starting from a much stronger position this time around, and if we need to bide our time in order to secure the players we really want, then I'm confident our current squad can hold their own while we wait. We started Atdhe Nuhiu a fair bit last year, and we've just signed Steven Fletcher as an upgrade - the difference that alone could make to our points tally is huge.

The only glaring weaknesses as things stand are at left back and centre back, and I'm sure these will be addressed with more of a sense of urgency than other areas.

Of the teams left in the Championship, only Brighton were stronger than us during the second half of last season, so even if we assume that Newcastle, Villa and Norwich will occupy three of the top six places (which isn't a given), we're still well-placed to compete for the top six again.

Think we can sort out a reasonable deal for Pudil, then splash out on a dominant centre back, and we'd be ready to go. Add two or three loans before the window shuts, a cover left back, another midfielder and a quick winger, and that's 7 signings, and a competitive squad