Match Day Prices Announced

14 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Some people might buy membership to contribute to the Club and only make one game (or less games than the membership financially benefits them...

That wouldn't be a reason to complain about the price increase though. If only buying it to support the club then that's their choice. If that's the case then it would never make financial sense. 

10 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Some people might buy membership to contribute to the Club and only make one game (or less games than the membership financially benefits them...

Why would anyone consciously and unnecessarily 'contribute to the club' which is owned by a multi millionaire businessman whose sole aim is to get to the Premier League, for him, and him alone to benefit financially?

Must be mad.

Think the categories are right but having cat A for the first match is ridiculous. 

Cat A should come out for last home game when we are crowned champions only!

Most matches should be cat E and D.

How do prices compare to other clubs, like Derby and Brighton?

Edited by jonnyowl

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Be a lot moaning again when they can't get a Wembley ticket.

whats £50 to support your club financially plus it gives you all the discount back when you go to a game 

plus on the priority games you have more chance of getting tickets.

people who moan at this really can't complain if we get to Wembley again and they can't get a ticket and you know it will be much harder next year with more season ticket holders more members and more people going to games.

its only £50 you need to save about £6 a week before the season starts no excuse 

What of there is a family of five going not £6 a week then is it, I have a season ticket so it don't affect me. But for a family of four or five it's going to be difficult especially if they have holidays booked, not as straight forward as you make out.

Chansiri inherited a fortune from his Dad.  He is no business genius.

All his key staff keep leaving or get sacked.

The new COO will be gone by Xmas.

he hasn't got a clue on pricing.

his treatment of the box holders and reneging on contracts is absolutely disgusting.

He made an inspired managerial appointment and threw some money at it.  This is covering up the cracks.

if it starts going wrong on the pitch it will all fall apart.

Neg away lol

I was expecting the price to be the same for tickets really but to put the membership up by £20 is flipping cheeky. Not particularly happy but what can we do apart from boycott games which I don't really want to. 

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

It was in direct response to somebody who said Chansiri wants as many season ticket holders as possible.

Yeah that was me. He still wants as many as he can though doesn't he, we are gonna set a low limit. He needs a few free seats for the tourist fans when we reach the big time

That's me priced out now as an armed forces member, normally get membership but as I am away for four months this year min no point, POTG as least allowd me 6-7 games per season min, but now it will not be worth it 

just have to get a season ticket when  I retire lol 

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yeah that was me. He still wants as many as he can though doesn't he, we are gonna set a low limit. He needs a few free seats for the tourist fans when we reach the big time

Well it depends what he sets the cap at doesn't it?

if he sets the cap at less season tickets than he is allowed to sell, then no.

As someone who's unlikely to be in a position to take advantage of a season ticket for the foreseeable future due to work and family commitments, I'm at the mercy of the match day prices and membership offers, and I just have to accept that or stop attending.

It cost me £411 to attend 12 matches in the South Stand last season, but I got cheap tickets for the Arsenal game as well as a certain level of priority for the playoff games. If it averages out at about the same this season, then I'll be happy enough; if it averages out to be too much more, then I'll probably start picking and choosing my matches rather than simply attending every game I can get to.

One thing I'd really like the club to look into is a Saturday / weekend season ticket, as I'm sure there must be plenty like me who would snap them up given the opportunity.

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The people who object to ticket prices are the ones who will never go to games anyway, this is just a perfect excuse for them to not show. If this was wembley or even villa in the premier league no one would bat an eyelid

Complete wee pipe head coment really. I'm sorry I don't normally have a go at any one but that is a stupid suggestion. These prices are putting people off. I've already booked day off work for villa game but I'm seriously thinking about not bothering for that one. 

And I went to 16+ games last year. 

You expect to pay more for a trip to playoff final thats a given but for just a sunday game in the championship when it's on sky is ludicrous!