Devante Rodney

3 minutes ago, Wolfmanjack said:

Isn't that Devante Cole (son of Andy), you're thinking of? 

No, but I see why you thought that. The SWFC page says that he is a striker and it is obvious from his twitter that he is ex man city. It actually says that he still lives in Manchester, although that might not be accurate.

12 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

What were his parents thinking ?

When he first signed he was Devante Hyman. Might he a situation like Ryan Biggs who was Ryan Wilson before taking his mother's name.  He has had two years as a scholar and not played in that time until the end of the season gone due to injury.  Normally when that happens the player gets an extended scholarship of six months/year to prove themselves instead of a pro contract.

44 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

When he first signed he was Devante Hyman. Might he a situation like Ryan Biggs who was Ryan Wilson before taking his mother's name.  He has had two years as a scholar and not played in that time until the end of the season gone due to injury.  Normally when that happens the player gets an extended scholarship of six months/year to prove themselves instead of a pro contract.

Ryan Biggs? Think I meant Giggs!!!!!!!!

15 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

What were his parents thinking ?

Here he is - RYAN BIGGS!!!!!!

1466857603398.png

8 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

I didn't know that, I thought they were two different players, and actually wondered what had happened to Devante Hymam. Thanks for clearing it up

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I didn't know that, I thought they were two different players, and actually wondered what had happened to Devante Hymam. Thanks for clearing it up

Its the modern way of life.

Less an less kids these days seem to have what we would call a stable upbringing.