How great was Wembley though?

Guest mkowl

Serious question though - if you only care about the result then why do you watch football matches? You can just look at the result online and save yourself a lot of money

Because I watch a football match with the hope of getting the victory and then I am happy.

Guest mkowl

You don't know the gravity of what happened last weekend yet and that's my worry

Will the players recover? Will we lose players?

The loss in 1993 was the start of the end for that great team. We could have won and the same still happen of course. However I know exactly where you are coming from.

All I know is that these opportunities are rare and you have to grasp them with both hands, especially if you are Sheffield Wednesday

When I think of the travelling and effort some fans put in for that game, it just blows my mind.

I enjoyed the originality of the whole day, but I can see why Hull fans - having been down for three huge games in the previous four years, were a bit 'Meh' about it all.

Ignoring the result I would still have done things differently. I would not have got as drunk and not bothered with central London at all, instead landed in Wembley earlier on to sample the atmosphere etc.

Were we to get another to in the near future I would probably get a hotel as near to Wembley as possible (probably take my son too, ticket depending).

It was fantastic. Loved the journey down, build up and first 75 mins (15 or so mins after half-time were electric). If you can't enjoy days like that then you shouldn't be watching the Owls, go support Man U instead. Might be another 25 years before we're there again so people chuntering about the result / performance need to get into the real world.

Good to see you mate.

Even if it was from a distance and we didn't get chance to chat.

Same saw you outside the BBC van and thought should I go and say Hi I'm glynnb from owlstalk I did the dog with the square head who I said looked like Kuqi

Depends which way you look at it. Negatively, we lost and might never get another chance of the premier league or positively, the whole club has together as 1, and from now on will take some stopping, keep the best players, a few quality additions, good manager, chairman prepared to spend, support the envy of almost everyone. I believe I have read you left straight after the end the match, (nothing wrong with that) but if you had stayed you would have witnessed something very special, a real "had to there moment". I believe this is just the start, all those present at the time are even more eager to be there when this great club finally return to the promised land. We will soon be back, keep the faith. UTO. WAWAW!!

Ps glad to see your 1 of the many to have invested in a season ticket. This is a small but important part of what is happening at this club.

One thing i learned this weekend was the stanmore/tube myth being the best way to go about things. Done Stanmore before and it was a bit of a mess.

This weekend i stayed in a hotel 3 mile from the stadium (with loads of free street parking around it) and got a smart black mercedes right to the stadium for £11, rang the same firm after the game to be told it was a half hour wait so jumped in a London black cab straight back to the hotel for £12. It took ten mins both ways and with four of us travelling it was much cheaper than a packed tube or bus! the route from the car to the start of the A1/M1 was 15 mins easy flow. 

Will do that every time from now on.

tubes were frighteningly quiet. Glad we stayed in the city centre, pre match at Covent Garden was something else

It was fantastic. Loved the journey down, build up and first 75 mins (15 or so mins after half-time were electric). If you can't enjoy days like that then you shouldn't be watching the Owls, go support Man U instead. Might be another 25 years before we're there again so people chuntering about the result / performance need to get into the real world.

why if the result spoiled my day (which it did)should i start supporting man utd?....