How great was Wembley though?

Consoled myself all week with the thoughts of how far we have come in 12 months,after a few years going to matches because it was my duty ,I now go knowing I'm going to enjoy it most of the time,lets crack on next season.

Carlos will probably already have a few signings lined up,that will get the debates raging again.

I really enjoyed the day out, it was my first ever trip to Wembley so it was fantastic seeing 40k+ fans in blue and white.

I always knew Hull were favourites especially if they turned up so whilst I was disappointed when we lost, I was equally prepared for that outcome as I was with winning promotion, so it didn't hurt as much as it could have.

The experience was unforgettable, and I would do it all again if we managed to get there again.

I didn't go there expecting to win. I thought anything could happen so was prepared for any eventuality. On the plus side it was a fantastic weekend and our support surpassed anything I could have imagined. We showed the world what this club us all about and of that we can all be proud. Yes it could have been better if we had won. Lets take the positives and move forward as a club. Carlos and the players will have learned so much from this experience which will benefit us the next time round.

It's a fantastic stadium - but is located in possibly the worst location imaginable. Surrounded by 5hitty little industrial estates, slums and roundabouts.

Took 2 and half hours just to get out of the car park, resulting in a 6 and a half hour coach ride.

That is pretty unacceptable to be honest.

My last ever away game on a coach, absolutely terrible, Set off too late and took 5 hours without a stop to get down.

No atmosphere atall on the coach it was like a weekend trip to Keswick.

I did however enjoy the Wembley experience and the fans on the day will live with me forever. I can't understand Anyone who doesn't think it's not as good as the old Wembley. Plenty of building going on around the place, it really was a shithole in the old days.

I've tried to feel as devastated as some of the others but it's just not happening.

Edited by BIG D

One thing i learned this weekend was the stanmore/tube myth being the best way to go about things. Done Stanmore before and it was a bit of a mess.

This weekend i stayed in a hotel 3 mile from the stadium (with loads of free street parking around it) and got a smart black mercedes right to the stadium for £11, rang the same firm after the game to be told it was a half hour wait so jumped in a London black cab straight back to the hotel for £12. It took ten mins both ways and with four of us travelling it was much cheaper than a packed tube or bus! the route from the car to the start of the A1/M1 was 15 mins easy flow. 

Will do that every time from now on.

We went for the Stanmore option and the car park was full at 11.30am when we got there. Ended up parking on a residential street. Someone pretending to be from the council was selling permits for £10 a go for a street that had a parking restriction of 3.00pm to 4.00pm Monday to Friday. Seems some of our fans don't know what day it is with the irony of supporting Sheffield Wednesday. It worked well going but it was very busy trying to get back to the motorway. Enjoyed the occasion and being part of the support that me my lad and dad will remember.

It was fantastic. We went there having already exeeded all expectations for the season. I kept telling myself just getting there was a bonus, it didn't matter if we lost. In truth I knew I'd be gutted if we lost but I was already trying to soften the blow. But the day, the atmosphere and the season that got us there was brilliant.