Your views on Wembley as a venue.

Good, but give me a traditional ground any day.

Said to my dad and his mates as good as yesterday was give me a capacity hillborough and winning the championship there any day.

Our stadium is magnificent and yes it has its flaws but it's home and she's a fecking beauty.

Atmosphere yesterday was cracking but it wasn't as emotive as Brighton 1st leg.

Said to my dad and his mates as good as yesterday was give me a capacity hillborough and winning the championship there any day.

Our stadium is magnificent and yes it has its flaws but it's home and she's a fecking beauty.

Atmosphere yesterday was cracking but it wasn't as emotive as Brighton 1st leg.

I agree, love Hillsborough, but you can't compare a 'national' stadium to a 'club' ground. Totally different animals with totally different requirements & criteria.

I love Hillsborough to my core, but i also liked Wembley.

I disagree with pretty much all of your negative points.

I think it's a cracking ground and pretty much the only thing that I can say I don't like about it is the food. Imagine buying popcorn to watch a football match. Bizarre.

So slow, didn't know how to pour a bottle into a glass. I thought they'd have those 4 pint self pour things.

I'm sure they did where I was- there seemed to be two different bars, one pouring bottles into a glass, and the other serving proper pints (for £5.20 each!) where their service was very quick if all that was wanted was beer.

I disagree with pretty much all of your negative points.

I think it's a cracking ground and pretty much the only thing that I can say I don't like about it is the food. Imagine buying popcorn to watch a football match. Bizarre.

Chap next to me came back after half-time with a big pizza in a cardboard box which he and his son munched during the game. Most odd.

We went on the train from Marylebone.

Great stewarding all the way in.

Great concourses where you can get food, drinks and visit the loo without long queues.

Stadium itself was awesome, in my opinion. Great views and, if you're massive, a great atmosphere.

So ten out of ten from me.

I thought that they had supposedly upgraded all of the road links, didnt seem like it to me. It seemed to be a long queue all the way from the motorway to the stadium. The roads couldnt cope with the traffic and some of the estates looked worse than downtown Grimsby.

One of my memories about the Millennium Stadium was how nice and new everything looked around the stadium. Everywhere seemed clean and tidy and fresh for miles around. Wembley was surrounded by a dump. 

From the outside it was stunning. Seeing the "famous" arch for miles around was breathtaking. I walked in with a rucksack and wasnt searched which concerned me a bit. Just walked straight by. The concourses looked scruffy, dank, dull  and grey, the floors were were all wet and I couldnt tell if I was wading through p1ss. When you walk into the entrance and you see the inside for the first time its huge. From the lower tier it looks like the seats just keep going skyward forever. But then thats all I could think.............its just......big.

Everything just sounded funny. A weird echo reverberated around the stands as people sung at different times to different songs.  The old ground oozed character and history. As many have said, the place had no soul. When the twin towers were pulled down and the famous old ground was reduced to rubble, Wembley as we know it would never return. You couldnt have put the old ground anywhere, it WAS Wembley,it was FOOTBALL, it was the CUP FINAL and it was ENGLAND. This new "Wembley Bowl" could have been built anwhere and it wouldnt have made any difference. It should have been nicer, it should have been bigger and it should have been somewhere far more accessible to the real supporter, like the Midlands.... and it could have been far cheaper. But then, money speaks more than the opinion of the supporters.

The trip to Wembley finally confirmed to me the reasons why we should just update Hillsborough rather than move. She may be old, but she has a character, she still has her history and she's will always be ours............ I'll leave Wembley for the corporate "supporter" and the FA who couldn't give a throw about the real football fans.

I may regret this, but I dont envy West Ham one bit. Yes they'll make millions now, yes they could be the next team challenging for the top 4 and yes they will start to win things..........but if you can only celebrate it in a lifeless bowl, then you can keep it.

Was unbelievable, when I first saw it I just instinctively went WOW! Was magnificent loved the fan zones I was at the top so it kept me fit! Lot of space in your seat. Accessibility by car was a bit of a pain but if we go again we'd leave the car further away and get the tube.

I'm sure they did where I was- there seemed to be two different bars, one pouring bottles into a glass, and the other serving proper pints (for £5.20 each!) where their service was very quick if all that was wanted was beer.

I thought the service was very good, got served straight away when entered the stadium before the game, me and a mate went down just before half time, I went to the toilet he went to the bar, was only in the toilets a few minutes when i came out he was waiting with 4 pints.

Just a shame it was Carlsberg, fuucking fox wee wee

A lot of people around kept mixing up the players. This was either due to them not going regularly or the fact that everyone looked like ants from Category 3 seats.

Second time for me at the new Wembley and I haven't changed my opinion.

Rubbish view, average facilities.

I thought that they had supposedly upgraded all of the road links, didnt seem like it to me. It seemed to be a long queue all the way from the motorway to the stadium. The roads couldnt cope with the traffic and some of the estates looked worse than downtown Grimsby.

One of my memories about the Millennium Stadium was how nice and new everything looked around the stadium. Everywhere seemed clean and tidy and fresh for miles around. Wembley was surrounded by a dump. 

From the outside it was stunning. Seeing the "famous" arch for miles around was breathtaking. I walked in with a rucksack and wasnt searched which concerned me a bit. Just walked straight by. The concourses looked scruffy, dank, dull  and grey, the floors were were all wet and I couldnt tell if I was wading through p1ss. When you walk into the entrance and you see the inside for the first time its huge. From the lower tier it looks like the seats just keep going skyward forever. But then thats all I could think.............its just......big.

Everything just sounded funny. A weird echo reverberated around the stands as people sung at different times to different songs.  The old ground oozed character and history. As many have said, the place had no soul. When the twin towers were pulled down and the famous old ground was reduced to rubble, Wembley as we know it would never return. You couldnt have put the old ground anywhere, it WAS Wembley,it was FOOTBALL, it was the CUP FINAL and it was ENGLAND. This new "Wembley Bowl" could have been built anwhere and it wouldnt have made any difference. It should have been nicer, it should have been bigger and it should have been somewhere far more accessible to the real supporter, like the Midlands.... and it could have been far cheaper. But then, money speaks more than the opinion of the supporters.

The trip to Wembley finally confirmed to me the reasons why we should just update Hillsborough rather than move. She may be old, but she has a character, she still has her history and she's will always be ours............ I'll leave Wembley for the corporate "supporter" and the FA who couldn't give a throw about the real football fans.

I may regret this, but I dont envy West Ham one bit. Yes they'll make millions now, yes they could be the next team challenging for the top 4 and yes they will start to win things..........but if you can only celebrate it in a lifeless bowl, then you can keep it.

I really like Wembley one of the principle criticisms on here about new grounds isthey are in the middle of nowhere, well Wembley is surrounded by a real if not well off district. The off licence I bought a couple of cans from was a small family business.

I like a high up view at football (I always prefered to stand at the back of our kop) I appreciate others like to be nearer to the pitch, my view in the 5th tier imo was great.

As for West Ham I for one am really jealous of a world class ground and potential top 4 finishes.