Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Guest wilyfox

I don't disagree with the Waddler. Yes, we need to sort LB - hopefully signing Pudil + another, and add some height and depth at CB. But, there are 3 positions we need to up the quality in particular; a CM with presence, a winger with pace and delivery, plus a CF. It does need to be quality over quantity if we're to bridge that gap to top 2.   

24 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I don't disagree with the Waddler. Yes, we need to sort LB - hopefully signing Pudil + another, and add some height and depth at CB. But, there are 3 positions we need to up the quality in particular; a CM with presence, a winger with pace and delivery, plus a CF. It does need to be quality over quantity if we're to bridge that gap to top 2.   

Think that's pretty much spot on.

42 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Waddle's take on our transfer policy is that he expects us to sign four players, maybe five, a couple of which will be loans. He'd like to see us sign a few players that make people sit up and go wow. That's no easy feat in a division where clubs are spending £8m on a single player. He suggests we take a leaf out of Middlesborough's book, by adding real quality to the squad that lost the play offs

amazing pro insight from Waddle "we need to buy good players"

34 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

4, maybe 5?

We need 2 left backs for a start

Should imagine we'll be closer to 10 coming into the club this summer

We'll spend a bit on a winger

I can't see it being anywhere near ten Everything seems to point to it being no more than half a dozen. I'd be happy with that, providing they're all upgrades on what we have. Not adverse though, to perhaps investing in some young talent we can bring on in the development squad.

30 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

I wouldn't be surprised, and this is by no means a rumour from anywhere, if we went back for Ross McCormack.

He's the last of the proven Championship goalscorers that might be available.

Not unless we were offloading Hooper, I wouldn't have thought He's more mobile than Hooper, but then he'd cost a lot more money Couldn't see them playing together

Just now, gurujuan said:

Not unless we were offloading Hooper, I wouldn't have thought He's more mobile than Hooper, but then he'd cost a lot more money Couldn't see them playing together

That would be my only concern, but he has done the business for the last few years consistently and if Chansiri wants goals goals goals he's the man.

It'd be nice to think that Hoops could also be the man and i've nothing in my locker to say that couldn't happen.  One thing I will say though, is that i'd sooner FF play on the left/free and another striker come in to go up top with Hooper.

If we spent 14m last season on a rebuild, on a rough assumption that was what we can get away with in FFP.  I'd expect slightly more to be available off the back of the arsenal game and the playoffs which will have generated a bit more, plus increased gates generally. 

Id like to think this could be targeted on a few quality players to get the squad numbers back up.

however I guess our costs and wage bill will also have increased this year so I'm probably being too simplistic 

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If we spent 14m last season on a rebuild, on a rough assumption that was what we can get away with in FFP.  I'd expect slightly more to be available off the back of the arsenal game and the playoffs which will have generated a bit more, plus increased gates generally. 

Id like to think this could be targeted on a few quality players to get the squad numbers back up.

however I guess our costs and wage bill will also have increased this year so I'm probably being too simplistic 

We spent £12 million last season all together according to the report that shows the transfer spendings of each club,

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I can't see it being anywhere near ten Everything seems to point to it being no more than half a dozen. I'd be happy with that, providing they're all upgrades on what we have. Not adverse though, to perhaps investing in some young talent we can bring on in the development squad.

We had 2 centre halves and 2 left backs on loan, chances are we'll replace them so that's 4 already

A winger and a defensive midfielder are high up on the list

We'll try and move Sougou, Dielna, Helan, Lachman, Vermilj, Bus, and Lavery out of the club, safe to say we'll want to replace some of that depth 

Will be between 8 and 10

48 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

We had 2 centre halves and 2 left backs on loan, chances are we'll replace them so that's 4 already

A winger and a defensive midfielder are high up on the list

We'll try and move Sougou, Dielna, Helan, Lachman, Vermilj, Bus, and Lavery out of the club, safe to say we'll want to replace some of that depth 

Will be between 8 and 10

Lavery just got offered a new deal - if they're moving him out it will only be in loan surely?

Left Back's from Premiership & Championship:

Tyrone Mings

Nathan Ake

Brendan Galloway

Luke Garbutt

Jeffrey Schlupp

Joe Gomez

Cameron Borthwick-Jackson

Matt Targett

Patrick Van Aanholt

Aaron Cresswell 

Andrew Robertson