Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

18 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

Left Back's from Premiership & Championship:

Nathan Ake

Brendan Galloway

Luke Garbutt

Joe Gomez

Would take & should be available, apart from Gomez who is an injury question mark.

Luke Garbutt top of my list.

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

Would take & should be available, apart from Gomez who is an injury question mark.

Luke Garbutt top of my list.

Apparently very poor for Fulham last season, they really didn't appreciate his lack of application. Odd because he's very highly regarded

27 minutes ago, NorthLondonOwl said:

Lavery just got offered a new deal - if they're moving him out it will only be in loan surely?

Due to his age Lavery will have been offered a new contract purely & simply so we can get compensation if he signs for another club. 

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Apparently very poor for Fulham last season, they really didn't appreciate his lack of application. Odd because he's very highly regarded

Since the Tom Lees slagging off extravaganza when he signed, and comparatively our opinions of Antonio...I don't trust other teams fans opinions now.

What I do see is that Fulham were abysmal defensively anyway last season, Garbutt may have just been a victim of that.

I also see a lad who's been capped at every England youth team since his Under 16 days.

Clearly got quality in him but now at an age where he probably needs a permanent move, preferably for him to settle into a team who are pretty secure defensively. 

27 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

i still think we will get 2 left backs, and Pudil will be permanent, so room for a loan

A reserve left back is a bit of a waste of a loan, in my opinion, rather use the loans to bring in the sort of quality we couldn't afford to buy. It's different when we were taking on half a dozen loans, but this year it's likely to be a couple, no more. With Pudil now turned thirty, we should be looking to someone younger who we can bring through. Better still if they can challenge Pudil straight away. Young Portuguese left back Rafa Soares, who we watched last season, would be good, though we probably needed to be in the top flight

2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Not sure we could get Ake in all honesty. Half that list I wouldn't be bothered about. Knudsen is a good player mind.

No we couldn't get Ake - but he's a much better player than Garbutt and given the choice it'd be Ake - and then some!

I would happily take Luke Garbutt. He is the kind of forgotten about player Carlos seems to like.

Considering we signed Bennett when we already had Pudil I do think we will bring in 2 left backs. Hopefully those 2.

Ake proved in the premier league last season that he's a very gifted left back - earning the 1st choice LB spot

The fact he can also play adeptly at CB or even defensive midfield is even more reason he'd be a top signing

TBH i wouldn't be at all surprised if he starts getting regular games at Chelsea now

He's that good!

32 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

I would happily take Luke Garbutt. He is the kind of forgotten about player Carlos seems to like.

Considering we signed Bennett when we already had Pudil I do think we will bring in 2 left backs. Hopefully those 2.

I was happy with those two but, if we're only planning on bringing in 4 or 5, how does signing the same players improve us?