New ground v redevelopment ?

Yes, they did actually & became West Germany and East Germany if you are referring to the second world war.

I knew that European Studies O level that I got would come in handy some day.

Actually they weren't.  Their official names in English were/are Federal Republic of Germany and the German Democratic Republic.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

rather spend the £4million extra per year on players.

pointless moving.

just complete the world cup plans.

save a fortune and still achieve the increased revenue.

If we did stay I think we should redevelop the Lep as a home stand and use the NW corner for away fans utilising some form of segregation that doesn't mean having a dozen row of empty seats.

If we did stay I think we should redevelop the Lep as a home stand and use the NW corner for away fans utilising some form of segregation that doesn't mean having a dozen row of empty seats.

definitely

Lets kick towards our fans both halves 

definitely

Lets kick towards our fans both halves 

Ive always been in favour of this . A lot of clubs do it . 

Look at how many clubs put the away fans in a corner so home fans can be behind both goals . 

Yeah I'd do that and perhaps a block on the NW side as well. Obviously cup games we have to give them 15% I think which is that all end anyway

I think any wage increase is taken care by TV rights money when hopefully and very soon we are back in the Premier League.

Having a nice ground helps, but a successful team is the most important revenue stream for any club on matchday.

As for the ground, stay or move-I think it's a stay from me. There have been loads of clubs that have redeveloped their grounds to improve facilities and/or improve capacity without totally losing their existing identity.

Newcastle, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, Man Utd and even Gillingham (Preistfield was the biggest poo hole ever and is actually quite a nice ground now) are a few I can think of.

Even for a temporary measure (if there is such a thing) I would get rid of the pillars on the Kop and have a new roof. It would improve the overall look of the stadium ten fold. What Spurs did with Paxton Road (north stand/home end) and then Park Lane (away end) was pretty good and I could see something like that on the Kop.

I would definitely redevelop the West, for no other reason than we can actually utilise it and not have it empty all the time. I can't believe that yesterday was technically a sell out at 31k when the ground holds near 40k.

I went to Malaga v Real Madrid in February and it was a fantastic atmosphere, the stadium was full (35K) but I thought was made better by having the home fans behind both goals being conducted by the ultras at both ends, so yes lets shove the away fans up the side of the South in the future. Interesting thing for me was Real Madrid fans were up in the gods and were approx. 200 in total and made no contribution to the atmosphere at all. I think Hillsborough away end is too big for 95% of clubs anyway as it is.

It's a stay from me.

But then I have a huge emotional attachment. I've invested my soul down there.

Many others won't have.

I can see both sides.

The away end.... many of my friends of other clubs always comment they think it provides on of the best away views.

Rightly or wrongly though, I think we all could do with it being updated and...Re named.

If we were to move I'd be agreeable.

On the condition that it was built by master craftsmen out of brick and stone and any contractors using breeze block are sent to the Arctic circle for 15 years as punishment.

The same goes of any architect that came up with a bowl design.

Do you know what, I know that the location is not ideal and a total relocation could offer so much, BUT, for me it would take so much away as well.

I would imagine we don't need full scale change any time soon, pick a stand, probably the away end - do that first    Get it up to scratch even if it is a full demolition, then a few years later do the kop and make use of the wasteland behind it.   Maybe 5 years later do the cantilever - each time pushing better infrastructure in and build it in such a way that each stand looks like it was designed to sit next to the other.   

An established SWFC in the Premier could achieve so much in its current location - putting football busses back on, maybe put the rail link back on to the city which would because of the cost only happen if we had Premier money behind an SWFC backed scheme.    

A couple of large car parks built 10 minutes walk away would make a massive difference and the land exists to do it.

It all costs, and i'm not sure the decision isn't already made to move long term - but I personally am a sentimental bugger and love that ground.   It would hurt me taking my son to another ground that my dad didn't take me to.

Edited by salmonbones

Guest Fedor

If the club want to move to a new ground I think they should canvas season tickets holders and members for their thoughts first.

Would I renew if I had to drive out to the parkway / M1? Doubt it.

Would I renew if we got a site half a mile away? Definately.

Why not the bulk of our support?

The POTGers?

Guest Fedor

On the hillside of parkwood springs would be epic imagine a big bowl light up in blue on the hillside be ace and easy to get to

That would look very good at night.

It would hurt me taking my son to another ground that my dad didn't take me to.

You certainly aren't alone in those thoughts I'm sure.

Though for some reason sentimentality is frowned upon these days.

As if it is a bad thing.