New ground v redevelopment ?

Guest Grez Bez

And it's not just them. Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Arsenal, Coventry, Bolton, even donny rovers will all tell you the same.

Agree.

Loads of space around Hillsborough and a good location

Guest Grez Bez

And it's not just them. Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Arsenal, Coventry, Bolton, even donny rovers will all tell you the same.

Agree.

Loads of space around Hillsborough and a good location

Guest Fedor

Not true

Guest Fedor

And yet Cardiff fans thought we were very quiet until we scored....I thought or support today was very loud and non stop. Best for a long time.

Yet more proof the acoustics in our ground don't carry the noise.

Demo it. Two choices following the demo

Time to move on. Its old, knackered and beyond repair as its been neglected for years. If a good out of town area is available, with good transport links. Move.

Failing that demo the current ground and develop the whole area in and around Hillsborough. Make the area somewhere Sheffield can be proud of.

Id be equally fine with either.

Edited by Maddogbob

Demo it. Two choices following the demo

Time to move on. Its old, knackered and beyond repair as its been neglected for years. If a good out of town area is available, with good transport links. Move.

Failing that demo the current ground and develop the whole area in and around Hillsborough. Make the area somewhere Sheffield can be proud of.

Id be equally fine with either.

I could get to Meadowhall area in around an hour. Dependant on traffic it could take me that long to get to the ground and park. Stuff like this that puts people off i'm sure

Find me one city fan that prefers the atmosphere at the Etihad compared to Maine Road.

You can't, unless they're 12 years old.

The atmosphere has changed cos the place is full of plastic fans compared to the old days. You can't compare the Man City of old to the one of now - commercially and sporting wise they're on a different planet

The atmosphere has changed cos the place is full of plastic fans compared to the old days. You can't compare the Man City of old to the one of now - commercially and sporting wise they're on a different planet

this is the problem these days. Look at wembley the seats on the half way line. Always empty for the first 10 minutes or so of the 2nd half. Why? Because they are all having food and drinks in the corporate area..  There was stuff in the press last season about fans being asked to be quiet whilst the match was on around the corporate areas at the Emirates.

The Emirates cost 10 times that mate

Is that relevant. Emirates is in the top 10 of the worlds most expensive stadiums and is built on land that is worth more than Barnsley.

That's like saying I can't buy a new car because a Ferrari is a million quid.

Most clubs seem to get it done around the £100m mark. Bearing in mind that the MINIMUM prize and TV money for a single season in premiership next year is £100 million before sponsorship, ticket sales etc etc. If we manage to find a way to Prem in next couple of years, something should be done either massive redevelopment of Hillsborough or a move to a new stadium.

History is important but securing the clubs future for the next generation is more important.

Is that relevant. Emirates is in the top 10 of the worlds most expensive stadiums and is built on land that is worth more than Barnsley.

That's like saying I can't buy a new car because a Ferrari is a million quid.

Most clubs seem to get it done around the £100m mark. Bearing in mind that the MINIMUM prize and TV money for a single season in premiership next year is £100 million before sponsorship, ticket sales etc etc. If we manage to find a way to Prem in next couple of years, something should be done either massive redevelopment of Hillsborough or a move to a new stadium.

History is important but securing the clubs future for the next generation is more important.

Only been in the South recently but in my mind the problem with the concourses for food and drink is that they are far too narrow and I cnt see how you could widen them sufficiently. If when we get into the Premiership our wage bill will go through the roof. That will have to be paid for through revenue. Gate reciepts wont be enough so it will have to come from merchandise food and drink etc. The revenue from this has been the lowest of the local clubs for a long time now. It has to improve and i'm not convinced we could do that at Hillsborough unfortunately

Edited by darra

Only been in the South recently but in my mind the problem with the concourses for food and drink is that they are far too narrow and I cnt see how you could widen them sufficiently

Realistically, to move forward, I think your right. There isn't enough space round the ground full stop.

These old grounds have a great place in football but they definitely hold back the clubs that are tied to them. The Emirates is commercially brilliant, they make an absolute fortune out of that place all year round but is it a better place to watch football? I don't know, it's a more pleasant experience but I don't know if I could say it was better.

San Siro is as the opposite end of the scale. The bar is a folded out paste table at the top of a stairwell and there is not a single place to eat in the ground. Cracking place to watch football though it definitely holds back the Milan teams. I guess it's all about what you want from a matchday. I think more and more people are starting to think that paying £50 to get in somewhere, queuingfor half an hour for a warm pint and a cold pie and wading though ankle deep p!ss at half time is not all its cracked up to be.

I'd stop going if we move from Hillsborough. My Dad shares the same opinion and I'm pretty certain there are many others that do.

That's the rub tho isn't it....look at West Ham whatever deals have been done they think moving to the Olympic stadium will push them into the top 4 / champions league football.

Why do Everton want to move so badly, Spurs the same to use an example what's an extra 15k on their gate for circa 20 games at £50 a ticket, that generates roughly £20 mill extra income with the finances swashing around in the premier league that's small fry why did Derby, Swansea Southampton etc etc move to new grounds

The football landscape is changing, and if we ever are in a position to build state of the art facilities that can be used all year round we need to up sticks and move on