Derby County vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread *** Early Kick Off ***

1GrGaZA.png          bazZuUl.png  

Early Kick Off today so the Matchday thread is early too.

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

Derby is the smaller brother of Nottingham and Leicester, always being difficult in the supermarkets and being hard to find. Derby's exact location is unknown to everyone, including its inhabitants. Most of them have lived there for generations, living on a diet entirely of grass.

Although it has never been documented for anyone to breed outside of first-cousinship, it is widely believed to have happened. The tradition of having such control over their gene pool is one of the only things that people from Derby can boast about. The other thing Derby can boast is the good relationship between humans and sheep.

s4eUW7m.jpg
The official flag of Derby. It’s Latin motto translates as; “At last! The sheep are here!”

Butchering a sheep in Derby is a corporal-punishment offence. Unusually however, many Derby people see this sort of punishment as being kinky as opposed to a real enforcement of the law. Sheep have made the argument that if they did truly have equal rights, the enforcement of the law would be prison, just like it would for murdering a human. This appeal was rejected largely due to the fact that it would be unfair to jail sheep in the case of one killing a human, and when sheep get corporal punishment it is rather more entertaining to watch them try to hold a whip with their hooves.

N70lCap.jpg

Amazingly, Derby is the only county in the United Kingdom to have almost no crime whatsoever. Scientists believe this is down to muggers being too scared to rob anyone, due to the fact that everyone carries knifes, shanks or better. Obviously other crime does happen in Derby -  it’s just that everyone there hates the police, so none of it is ever reported.

THE SERIOUS BIT

Venue: Pride Park Stadium, Doorby.
Kick Off: Saturday the 23rd of April at 12:30

Matchday Apparel: Away shirt. Massive flags. No castanets or barrel organs.

Matchday Pub: The Squire of Preston employs authentic testing methods to find us a nice pub for away games. Drinking 16 pints in each, taking his notes and moving on to the next one. While checking out the boozers close to the Derby stadium, he discovered “The Standing Order” and here’s what he has to say…

“A sizeable pub in a grand former bank with limited numbers of scrubbers that have pisssed-themselves and stood smoking at the entrance which fits well with the internal elegant furnishings. With its classic wooden floors and high ceilings, it is just right for bouncing in and getting ready for more of the same at the Stadium of Sheep-Dipping, which is prombly a ten minute or so skip from this baroque hostelry. A sound Wetherspoons with a particularly attractive menu and scoring a sound 4.1 out of 5 on the reviews. Of other particularly attractive note are the Landlady's Burritos... Hot, HOT, HOT…!”

Address: 28-32 Iron Gate, Derby DE1 3GL

Probobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobarbly.

Matchday Pie: Lamb.

Matchday Song: Hihache by Lafayette Afro Rock Band…

MATCHDAY FACTS

Derby should welcome back defender Jamie Hanson after an Achilles injury saw him miss the win at Bristol City. Midfielders Bradley Johnson (knee) and Jeff Hendrick (thigh) are both out but should be fit for the play-offs.

Sheffield Wednesday will be without suspended winger Ross Wallace but versatile Jeremy Helan is expected to feature following his return from loan. Midfielder Sam Hutchinson returned to training last week following glandular fever and could feature.

BKDPGvt.pngHead to Head V1LHByE.png

â–ª Derby are unbeaten in their previous 13 league meetings with the Owls (W8 D5).

â–ª Sheffield Wednesday have failed to score in four of their last six league visits to the iPro Stadium, winning none of those six games (D1 L5).

â–ª The Rams have conceded just one goal in their last five home games, winning all five.

â–ª Sheffield Wednesday have earned 17 points from losing positions in the Championship this season, more than any other side.

â–ª Derby have not conceded a home goal from open play since 16 January against Birmingham.

Y9fnurA.png

My prediction: Tight. But we will win 2 - 1. Including a last minute McGugan free kick from Jupiter to shatter the cross bar, with their goalie hopelessly beaten. Ooooooooh!

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

“It will be a tough game, absolutely sure, Derby are in a good moment, they have won their last four games and they are scoring goals. I think we are two teams on a similar process.

zA6KoYu.jpg

My opinion is that Derby are one of the best teams of the competition. They have a good organisation but we like this kind of challenge. We are focused just on this game and I think we will give good answers in this difficult game.”

MINTYNESS

We are here to fight!

jtgWpc3.gif

Great OMDT Pauli

I'm spending the morning finishing moving house so will hopefully get to the pub in time to watch Wednesday smash it up

I don't care how or how many we win by but let's get the job done so I can stop worrying that we will finish 7th!

:ghoulguy:

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Carlos has a new contract, this game may show if it's justifiable or not, this is a "proper" game to see just how good we really are (or not)....

Let's just do it FFS, now's the time to stop bu66ering about, OK, maybe there is an element of saving summat for the play offs but we aint there yet, pleeeeeze, let's just get there...

Sorry Pauli, great match day thread, we need more like this.... (But that's me talking like the Owlsman having not read it)...

lol

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

Guest minsk owl

authentic testing methods   :biggrin:  :biggrin:

we'll sneak this in't 2nd half, ...................  0 - 1 Wednesday, ....... McGugan via satellite link from the bench

post-38035-0-74792800-1461365305.gif

Morning.  

Nice one Pauli.   :biggrin:

Its going to be a very tough game for us, but reckon we can come away with a win.  

So I'm going for a 2-1 Wednesday win.  Forestieiri and Lee the scorers.  

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

post-17101-0-22749400-1461366810_thumb.j Hi to all my

Wednesdayite friends. I was so pleased to have Jake and Sarah pop in to say hello at L & B VIP lounge I had booked, I do hope you both enjoyed your City break in Reykjavik and more importantly hope you enjoy your

day in Derby. Well I'm in a suite on one of the upper floors at the Bellagio (Fountain View)it's called,

Sorted the Tele sat link at a huge price but the nice bellboy did it for me so I treat him very well. I got him really interested so I invited him to bring some waffles, Pancakes and maple syrup at 5 a.m. He's a

grid iron fan so will be surprised by the away support for Wednesday. Opened a new food outlet and Bar in

the Hotel. The pay cheque was good and a suite for three nights hasn't left me grumbling.post-17101-0-46928600-1461367761_thumb.jThe game starts at silly-o-clock so I've had a swim then early dinner. The refs really have it in for Fessi don't they but it was Wallace who paid the price

giving one of MKD players a good kick in the fanny. Not the same being thousands of miles away so I am getting well excited about the Cardiff game too soon. Great MDT as usual Pauli Big wet X Love to you all UTO

WAWAW Come on Boys...All my love Tay Tay x x x