How many tickets sold for the Charlton game ?

go on then ..il subsidize yer flight to the tune of £3.90..and you can get me a pint er amstel in the ground

Bargain, wait for me on Penistone road before the game, we can go into the ground together and I'll get you that pint.  Don't worry if I am a bit late, just keep waiting outside until I get there, deal?

Genuine question:

Why do people still enquire about and choose to use Pay on the Gate?

It costs the same, doesn't earn you priority points and in popular games guarantees you'll get a less desirable seat.

Is there some sort of advantage that I am just not seeing or is it the footballing equivalent of people over 45 refusing to use pay at pump at the garage?

Genuine question:

Why do people still enquire about and choose to use Pay on the Gate?

It costs the same, doesn't earn you priority points and in popular games guarantees you'll get a less desirable seat.

Is there some sort of advantage that I am just not seeing or is it the footballing equivalent of people over 45 refusing to use pay at pump at the garage?

I'm nearly 58 and always use pay at the pump.

Guest mkowl

Another over 45 that uses Pay at the Pump but for balance never use self scan in the supermarket

On the basis at my age it's far too confusing

Sorry if if I generalised with the pay at pump comment. Just my estimation based on the constant annoyance of being stuck behind people who go inside to pay.

As for the risks of Pay at Pump, my experience is that police love to give unofficial advice about "scams".

I went to a wedding and there was a friend's husband who was a Copper. He gave us all some very serious advice to not hand out hotel key cards because people would steal your personal information from them including your bank details. Despite my pointing out it was an Internet rumour that had been around for years, he insisted that these were real crimes that his force had been investigating.

Got home and found this on Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/hotelkey.asp

Cost me nearly £20 less to fill mi motor up since day I bought it

God bless the conservatives

now't to do with the uk tax take...

it's everybody pumpin' a glut of oil, till the 'little man' goes bust...

then the 'sharks' can charge what they want with no competition on pricing...

Sorry if if I generalised with the pay at pump comment. Just my estimation based on the constant annoyance of being stuck behind people who go inside to pay.

As for the risks of Pay at Pump, my experience is that police love to give unofficial advice about "scams".

I went to a wedding and there was a friend's husband who was a Copper. He gave us all some very serious advice to not hand out hotel key cards because people would steal your personal information from them including your bank details. Despite my pointing out it was an Internet rumour that had been around for years, he insisted that these were real crimes that his force had been investigating.

Got home and found this on Snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/hotelkey.asp

i love it when i go inside to pay for my £40/£60 worth of petrol...

and there's some c*** in front of me with a mars bar and a packet o' crisps wantin' to pay with a credit card...

there should be a minimum transaction on cards, i was in town last night and some t*** bought a bottle of beer at the bar and shoved his card in the machine to pay for it...

i love it when i go inside to pay for my £40/£60 worth of petrol...

and there's some c*** in front of me with a mars bar and a packet o' crisps wantin' to pay with a credit card...

there should be a minimum transaction on cards, i was in town last night and some t*** bought a bottle of beer at the bar and shoved his card in the machine to pay for it...

This really gets on my boobies.  It's the only thing I still use cash for.