Contact made with FA

Drogba got a yellow rescinded for diving against Aston Villa when the referee reviewed the video evidence and agreed that he had made a mistake.

Just a few notable yellow cards that have been quashed:-

Arthur Numan

Christaino Ronaldo

Lionel Messi

Stephen Warnock

Jeremy Helan....

Helan and Warnock were both mistaken identity

I think the best scenario would be a communication is put round the refs association that this was an incorrect decision and a blatant foul

This would help with the players reputation.

But we'd never hear about it if it did. FF got sent off due to what happened the week before, I think we all know that

I think our actions being in the public domain to get the mistake rescinded is our best course of action to make sure referee's treat Forestieri fairly and with respect and integrity going forward will be more effective.

And of course, by doing what we are doing, Forestieri might well get the second card rescinded, which would be a huge bonus (however much of a long shot it might be).

Anybody remember Helan getting a yellow card and getting it rescinded? Another player was then posthumously given a red card in a slightly different, but not altogether different incident to this one. I still reckon that Dawson has got away with at least a yellow here and could easily have got a red card for that tackle, so if the FA want to come out of this looking clean and fair, they should at least give him a yellow card as he went totally unpunished for a tackle that could have broken FF's leg.

I think you might be confusing posthumously with retrospectively  lol

Ok I'll answer for you with a wild guess.

NO - so your point is totally irrelevant but hey ho

Out of interest, when it comes to rescinding a yellow card, does it matter if they got a second yellow or not?

Surely, if they (FA I assume?) can rescind a single yellow, they can rescind a second yellow? Or is there a rule which says they can't?

I think our actions being in the public domain to get the mistake rescinded is our best course of action to make sure referee's treat Forestieri fairly and with respect and integrity going forward will be more effective.

And of course, by doing what we are doing, Forestieri might well get the second card rescinded, which would be a huge bonus (however much of a long shot it might be).

I'd like to think the FA would come out and publicly admit it was a mistake, even if they don't feel they can over turn the ban

But is very much doubt they'd do that. Make themselves look even more stupid than they already do

That was only because of mistaken identity!

Sorry ruler of the gods, but if pedanticisms are being questioned, didn't somebody say that yellow cards cannot be rescinded. Well there are a list that have. Find out what the others were for and report back. Maybe your findings will put the ironically named S_W_F_C straight?

Out of interest, when it comes to rescinding a yellow card, does it matter if they got a second yellow or not?

Surely, if they (FA I assume?) can rescind a single yellow, they can rescind a second yellow? Or is there a rule which says they can't?

Well I assume not or surely we'd have publicly lodged an appeal which was a cast iron certainty to be successful

This is not your usual case. The guy has been accused of cheating which is defamation of character. FF and DC's lawyers should issue a write against

Mr Robinson, card might not be rescinded but it would certainly put the wind up a lot of people.

Helan and Warnock were both mistaken identity

Again..and???

Either yellow cards can be rescinded or they cannot. Which is it? I am simply saying that they can and the Dider Drogba yellow card was rescinded for a very similar case, so your point is what exactly?

There are a lot of people making silly statements on here and trying to have a go at people who are trying to show that precedent has been set. Please correct me, but were these yellow cards rescinded? 

Is Drogba's case very similar to FF's?

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SPORT/football/09/13/chelsea.drogba/index.html

The Helan and Warnock ones are different in that they're cases of mistaken identity. The Drogba one is interesting though, but it looks like the referee chose not to include the yellow in his match report...so it was never 'official' I assume. Therefore, there was nothing to rescind or appeal. 

If FF is on the FA website as being suspended, then you have to assume it's been logged with the FA as 'official' by now (surely?). I'm no expert on the process of referee's match reports etc though, as you can probably tell! 

Again..and???

Either yellow cards can be rescinded or they cannot. Which is it? I am simply saying that they can and the Dider Drogba yellow card was rescinded for a very similar case, so your point is what exactly?

There are a lot of people making silly statements on here and trying to have a go at people who are trying to show that precedent has been set. Please correct me, but were these yellow cards rescinded?

Is Drogba's case very similar to FF's?

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SPORT/football/09/13/chelsea.drogba/index.html

See the link below for examples of two yellow cards, one of which gets rescinded and ban quashed.

I think you might be confusing posthumously with retrospectively  lol

Hahaha yes and I put an "are" instead of an "is" somewhere too. Typing quickly while eating was always asking for trouble, although dead people do deserve justice too and there are worse crimes than bad grammar. Oops nearly hit a pedestrian there...

In life, if you are in a position of authority (as referees are) you need to be 100% convinced of the facts/truth if you are going to call somebody a cheat and call into question their integrity.

The only way for referees in general to build bridges with players and fans alike is to hold your hands up when you are wrong, and correct an injustice outside of the 90mins.

Accusing and then disciplining a person for cheating when in complete error should lead to sanctions for Tim Robinson, he is the one bringing the game into disrepute, whether it's overturned or not, yet he is down to ref a game next week.