Contact made with FA

So if Rhodes gets sent off in the play off semi final for a total unjust situation like this, he appeals and gets over turned and he can play against us in the final.

None of us would be screaming from the roof tops then?

I wouldn't because basically that's a team being cheated and I wouldn't like any team to be cheated out of not having a player available (even united). 

I like the when we play the good teams and do well so why would i not want to see there best players get frustrated by our team. 

There's precedent:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/10/cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid-yellow-card-rescinded-diving

I don't think this lead to a whole host of complaints in Spain.

For me it's about doing the right thing. The FA use video evidence all the time to to either penalise or exonerate players. The two card issue is an anomaly. It needs to be changed.

I wouldn't because basically that's a team being cheated and I wouldn't like any team to be cheated out of not having a player available (even united).

I like the when we play the good teams and do well so why would i not want to see there best players get frustrated by our team.

I'm sorry but if that scenario happened and the FF situation never existed you'd go say fair enough FA, break your own rules, let Rhodes play and potentially screw us out of 150m quid

Do me a favour

Imagine that the SWFC have qualified for the play offs and in the last game before the final SWFC win, but FF gets fouled in an offence that could have been punished with a red card for the opposing defender, but instead is given as second yellow for FF. 

Any team losing a player due to a wrong decision is going to question the decision and quite rightly the correct thing should always be done, otherwise referees are open to accusations of cheating and football clubs could well go about the kind of suing that the pigs felt they had to do with West Ham Utd, a few years back. None of this does football any good at a time when it is under the spotlight and should be shown as trying to set it's house in order.

There have been three awful refereeing decisions made against SWFC in the last 3 games, but this last one against Hull, is particularly bad, because exactly the reverse decision was made buy the referee. If a player can be sent off retrospectively for making the kind of bone breaking challenge that Dawson made against FF, then give him a red card now and reverse the decision made by the referee. If the FA think that a red card would be a bit harsh, then make it a yellow, but either way Forestieri should not have been booked for this incident.

FF is the victim for the second time in two games. In both matches, one foul after another was given against players for fouling FF, yet not one of them got booked for repeated offences against him. If these referees are aware that FF is being fouled too often, then why are they not taking the correct action and booking the offenders not the victim? 

Even Dawson was apologising for what he had done because he feared the worst. Would this be any different if Dawson had broken FF's leg? The intent and the action were exactly the same, so I believe that the punishment should also be the same if I have read the rules properly.

So what if no one else kicked up a fuss. Doe's this mean we should just sit back and accept a poo poo decision along with a poo poo rule that means we can't appeal. 

It helped that it was on Sky and was shown around the country but yet your acting like it's a bad thing. Everyone in the country would probably agree the standard of refereeing isn't great. If it isn't then something needs to be done. 

I've not said that the rule shouldn't be changed mate. Completely the opposite. It's obviously a load of rubbish and the sooner they amend it the better for all parties...players, fans and even the refs.

But what i'm saying is that I think the FA's hands are tied with FF. I can't see how they could rescind his suspension without opening themselves up to complaints from other Clubs for the fact that they've already been punished this season under the same rule/process...and an argument from the FA of "well you didn't shout loudly enough about it" won't wash.

If we want an example of what can happen if a footballing body start amending the rules mid way through a season...just look across the city at our unwashed neighbours. Yes it was comical, yes the image of Sean Bean and his cronies marching to London will tickle me forever...but that was a real, genuine pain in the arse for all involved and nobody in their right mind at the FA would want to open themselves up to that. 

So as much as it's a real kick in the balls, and as much as we're totally in the right here to be up in arms about it...I just don't see the FA having any room for manoeuvre on this one, other than to promise to take a long, hard look at the rules at the end of the season.

Only two scenarios could have prevented this situation on the basis that the ref genuinely thought he dived

1. He asks Dawson if he caught him upon seeing his hand gesture

2. Dawson as well as his hand gesture goes and verbally tells the ref he is wrong

Sadly neither happened and we are screwed.

Wrong but let's win both games and try and turn an injustice into a positive. Got no choice

Fair enough if we can't appeal not much else to add. The FL would need to independently break their own rule book and over turn it then.

Potential chaos and won't happen

Think so, unless refs can ask for decision to be changed - but think that's only mistaken identity.

I'm sorry but if that scenario happened and the FF situation never existed you'd go say fair enough FA, break your own rules, let Rhodes play and potentially screw us out of 150m quid

Do me a favour

Right you can question my thought process and my actual ethics if you want but I wouldn't kick off. If you don't believe me then that's no skin off my nose. 

If the same situation happened to Rhodes then I would sympathise with their club and supporters. Sure if he missed the game then that would be good news to the ears of Lees and Turner and co but it's a clear mistake and if he was reinstated to play then I wouldn't grumble. 

There's precedent:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/10/cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid-yellow-card-rescinded-diving

I don't think this lead to a whole host of complaints in Spain.

For me it's about doing the right thing. The FA use video evidence all the time to to either penalise or exonerate players. The two card issue is an anomaly. It needs to be changed.

Like I said earlier, there are several cases. in fact if anybody has any money they want to lose I can name a player who has played for us several times this season, who has had a yellow card rescinded.

Right you can question my thought process and my actual ethics if you want but I wouldn't kick off. If you don't believe me then that's no skin off my nose.

If the same situation happened to Rhodes then I would sympathise with their club and supporters. Sure if he missed the game then that would be good news to the ears of Lees and Turner and co but it's a clear mistake and if he was reinstated to play then I wouldn't grumble.

You may not - along with thousands of others I'd go barmy - and we'd no doubt go legal against the FL like McCabe did

Richard FidlerVerified account ‏@richardfidler 20m20 minutes ago

Key thing in the Forestieri case is the ref is accusing the player of cheating. That's why I think the FA should quash the sending off #swfc

Richard FidlerVerified account ‏@richardfidler 18m18 minutes ago

If just a wrong decision then mistakes happen, but reputation/character of player is being called into question so should be righted #swfc

Cannot believe I'm going to agree with someone called dîck fiddler lol