Contact made with FA

Its simple for me, the F.A should ask him do you want to make amends for this error? If he says no the F.A should say that's fine we will stand by you, but you wont be refereeing again this season

Exactly. if he hasn't got the rounduns to admit he made a mistake then he does'nt have the rounduns (or composure) to make the big decisions.

Be very surprised if ban is overturned. The ref must have to refer to an error in his report I would have thought. Like turkeys voting for Xmas - can't see him doing this if he wants to progress up refereeing career ladder. The club have rightly raised this with FA that's all that they can do (as well no doubt speaking with the ref after the game and asking him to review his decision).

Good to see all the media reaction in our favour but it won't influence anything in terms of FFs ban. I just hope the ref is shafted and isn't given another high level game for the rest of the season.

Because the injustice has happened to us we want a rule change mid season.

Imagine the other clubs reactions for what is no more than a poor refereeing decision.

Happens 100s of times a season

And that's the crux of it right there. If the FA do anything other than impose a 2 game ban on FF, how many other Clubs are going to turn round and say "hang on, what about our player who got a second yellow that he shouldn't have earlier this season...but it wasn't live on Sky and we don't have 30k+ fans to complain about it?". It'd be chaos. 

And that's the crux of it right there. If the FA do anything other than impose a 2 game ban on FF, how many other Clubs are going to turn round and say "hang on, what about our player who got a second yellow that he shouldn't have earlier this season...but it wasn't live on Sky and we don't have 30k+ fans to complain about it?". It'd be chaos.

Glad someone else can see this.

It's an injustice, it happens, accept it and move on.

Guest Deleted member

Because the injustice has happened to us we want a rule change mid season.

Imagine the other clubs reactions for what is no more than a poor refereeing decision.

Happens 100s of times a season

You're gonna be absolutely gutted if he plays on Saturday aren't you

There needs to be a rule change and this is the case that will probably do it.

But sorry it can't be done mid season.

Take your blue and white glasses off and you know that's right

Why can't it be changed. It's not really that difficult.

"poo poo we made a boo boo and can see that the rule is a little silly. So from now on a red card resulting from 2 yellows can be reviewed and rescinded in the same way a straight red can. 

Also we understand the Mr Robinson made a serious roger up so will be fined a weeks wages and won't ref a game for the next month......and we'll get his bloody eyes tested as well!"

"poo poo we made a boo boo and can see that the rule is a little silly. So from now on a red card resulting from 2 yellows can be reviewed and rescinded in the same way a straight red can.

Also we understand the Mr Robinson made a serious roger up so will be fined a weeks wages and won't ref a game for the next month......and we'll get his bloody eyes tested as well!"

So what happens if there was a similar injustice in say L2 or the conference in let's say November last year, something that wasn't in the media much.

How do you think that club would feel?

Be very surprised if ban is overturned. The ref must have to refer to an error in his report I would have thought. Like turkeys voting for Xmas - can't see him doing this if he wants to progress up refereeing career ladder. The club have rightly raised this with FA that's all that they can do (as well no doubt speaking with the ref after the game and asking him to review his decision).

Good to see all the media reaction in our favour but it won't influence anything in terms of FFs ban. I just hope the ref is shafted and isn't given another high level game ever

There edited it for you

I think it can be changed. And it absolutely should be changed. But at the end of the season.

If you change the rule now, then football stops being a level playing field this season. How many other teams this season have had players sent off for 2 yellows when at least one of them was due to a refereeing mistake? I don't know the answer to that, but I bet there's been at least one.

And that player will have already sat out his suspension...and that team will have already played a game (or two) without that player. What if they lost? What if that team misses out on promotion/playoffs/safety by a couple of points? As I say...potential chaos.

So what happens if there was a similar injustice in say L2 or the conference in let's say November last year, something that wasn't in the media much.

How do you think that club would feel?

I agree its a long shot that the 2 yellows rule would be changed now. But it often takes something more high profile and with media attention to change a rule. Its a shame, but thats how it is.

Just like the time Mick McCarthy ran onto the pitch to lynch Simek on an untelevised game. Had it been in the Premier league or on TV he'd have been in hot water.

I dont think its about the two yellows rule, its more about the accusation associated with diving which is a separate element to the game that they need to get a grip on. I think this could separate the case from setting a precedent other instances of incorrect bookings

Edited by Bluesteel

Comments about having to change the rules for us to rescind a yellow card are of course a load of bollards. Yellow cards can be rescinded when the referee has made an obvious mistake and have been in the past so precedent has been set.

In this case, the player booked for diving did not dive, the player that fouled him admitted that he fouled him, both managers agree that a foul was committed and not a dive and the foul that was committed has been punished by a red card in the past so why not rally to get Dawson the red card he deserves and then get FF's card rescinded as a natural course of events ie the offence cannot be punishable twice.

So if Rhodes gets sent off in the play off semi final for a total unjust situation like this, he appeals and gets over turned and he can play against us in the final.

None of us would be screaming from the roof tops then?

We'd be pretty dissapointed that he would be able to play, but for footballing reasons.

If the correct mechanism was in place and it was proven he was wrongly sent off we couldnt complain could we?