Contact made with FA

Nope. If that happened with Rhodes and this situation with FF had never happened, you be screaming foul and going beserk

To be honest, if it was obvious that Rhodes had been unfairly treated (and this whole Forestieri incident hadn't occurred) but then the authorities had ensured that the correct decision had eventually been made, I don't think many people would be going berserk. Not all fans are blind to injustice.

What don't people understand? You cannot appeal against a yellow card. The only way it can be added or removed is in the case of mistaken identity.

End of.

Move on.

It's not about whether we can appeal or not. It's about the FA deciding to rescind or not - which they can do in the absence of an official appeal (albeit in very rare occasions).

To be honest, if it was obvious that Rhodes had been unfairly treated (and this whole Forestieri incident hadn't occurred) but then the authorities had ensured that the correct decision had eventually been made, I don't think many people would be going berserk. Not all fans are blind to injustice.

What so you'd be happy for him to play in the play off final against us and potentially scoring the goal that would cost us 150m?

. Thank you. I for one would rather the game try to be open and fair. If there's doubt fair enough but as with FF there's only one person who thinks he dived.

People need to move on - it's done and happened. Yes it stinks but that's football - full of injustice and balanced with occasional good fortune.

Brighton away will be difficult regardless so don't expect anything there.

We should have enough in the tank without FF to get a result against Rotherham otherwise promotion to the Prem really is wishful thinking.

Edited by Owlsofrustration

So has the ref actually been punished by dropping down to league 2 or is that the level get usually operates at? There was a caller on 606 Saturday that claimed he was normally a lower league ref.

The website i looked at said he had reffed 11 Champ games, 7 in lg1 and 8 in lg 2 this season.

So it is not demotion.

He has only reffed 18 champ games altogether.

So for a big championship game on the tv the birdbrains at the football league appoint an inexperienced ref who lives very close to one of the other top 6 teams.

What so you'd be happy for him to play in the play off final against us and potentially scoring the goal that would cost us 150m?

I never said anything about being happy. I didn't say anything about him scoring either. I just said that some football fans are able to not go berserk when an opposition player has a clear injustice corrected. What would we be expected to do? Boo him every time he touches the ball? Sue the FA?

It's not about whether we can appeal or not. It's about the FA deciding to rescind or not - which they can do in the absence of an official appeal (albeit in very rare occasions).

No, they can't. The only time it can be rescinded is in the case of mistaken identity. Provide a single time there has been a yellow card rescinded for anything other than it being issued to the wrong person? 

It can't be done as the rules stand and they won't change them. Can you imagine how many appeals there would be if yellow cards could be challenged? So far this season, there have been 1198 yellow cards in the Premier League alone, compared to 63 red. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4145246.stm) Now apply those to the other leagues. It's just not logistically possible to have them appealable. 

No, they can't. The only time it can be rescinded is in the case of mistaken identity. Provide a single time there has been a yellow card rescinded for anything other than it being issued to the wrong person?

The Drogba incident, as previously discussed in this thread.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/SPORT/football/09/13/chelsea.drogba/index.html

It can't be done as the rules stand and they won't change them. Can you imagine how many appeals there would be if yellow cards could be challenged? So far this season, there have been 1198 yellow cards in the Premier League alone, compared to 63 red. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4145246.stm) Now apply those to the other leagues. It's just not logistically possible to have them appealable. 

if you apply it to all the teams its unmanageable, but if the FA makes it so just us can appeal it kind of evens out the not giving us penalties rule

Tim Cahill in 2004 was given a 2nd yellow for taking his shirt off(not fully)

All be it it was not rescinded, but an appeal was put to the referee to rescind it and was discussed by the FA

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/3652688.stm

That was because they believed that it had been issued for something that wasn't breaking any laws, they argued that the rule stated the shirt must be taken off completely for a booking and Cahill only put it over his head. 

Edited by Minton