Contact made with FA

Do clubs have to check manually if their players are suspended or not? Don't they have like a big computer in the manager's office and it is like football manager when the player is suspended you can't pick him and he has a red next to his name? Imagine trying to pick a team and not knowing if a player was suspended or not without the aid of a computer. scary.

Well if we can appeal, then it would be done straight away as its cast iron certainty to be successful.

Everyone has come out on our favour because we can't appeal, they did on the TV, pundits, ex refs literally everyone has sympathy.

If we could simply appeal why has not one person come out and said "surely they will appeal"?

I may be wrong here, but as I understand it there's a difference between appealing and the card/suspension being rescinded.

I thought the 'appeal' is a specific process that the club can action in certain instances - this not being one of them.

However, the FA can still choose to overturn/rescind if they have compelling evidence (and probably some kind of involvement from the referee involved).

Again, I might be wrong, but that's how I assumed it to be. The FA can overturn/rescind, but Wednesday can't specifically put in an appeal for them to do so.

I may be wrong here, but as I understand it there's a difference between appealing and the card/suspension being rescinded.

I thought the 'appeal' is a specific process that the club can action in certain instances - this not being one of them.

However, the FA can still choose to overturn/rescind if they have compelling evidence (and probably some kind of involvement from the referee involved).

Again, I might be wrong, but that's how I assumed it to be. The FA can overturn/rescind, but Wednesday can't specifically put in an appeal for them to do so.

Yep, this was my understanding too.

Seems a common sense approach and it hope that's correct. But on the basis totes best of my knowledge this nobody has ever had two yellow cards/a red card rescinded I just wonder why this is. There must have been similar grounds in the past

I am sure the league will have some exceptional circumstances caviat built in should they choose to use it though

Seems a common sense approach and it hope that's correct. But on the basis totes best of my knowledge this nobody has ever had two yellow cards/a red card rescinded I just wonder why this is. There must have been similar grounds in the past

I am sure the league will have some exceptional circumstances caviat built in should they choose to use it though

You could be correct with the knowledge of it never having happened before (the overturning of a second yellow/red), but do we know of instances where the details have been the same?

For example, 1) the second yellow was, specifically, for simulation, and 2) the evidence that the other party (Dawson, in this case) has gone on record to say he did make contact?

I'm not saying it'll definitely make a difference, but combined with the relatively high media profile that this case has had, perhaps it'll be enough to sway the FA.

Edited by punkskaphil

The FA won't do a thing, it will set a precedent and open it up for a mountain of claims by lots of clubs every monday morning, they don't want to admit their refs get lots wrong (even though everyone else knows it) barring the odd straight red card being rescinded.

Absolutely this. I'll be amazed if they do anything at all apart from having a word with the ref

Sorry but zero chance of having it overturned. If anything was going to be done it would have been done by now.....we now start on a new round of matches and that story will quickly become last week's news. And even Robinson has some more poor buggers to ref.....at Crawley tomorrow.

But I think the rule will be changed at the end of the season to make an appeal against a second yellow possible. Definitely not mid-season though.

To say the decision was a very poor one indeed would be an understatement, given the admission by Dawson that he actually made contact with FF. Even so I can't see them changing their minds on this as it will open up a can of worms for them.

Interesting that a clear dive in yesterday's showpiece cup final went unpunished. Must be a different set of rules for Premier clubs.

To say the decision was a very poor one indeed would be an understatement, given the admission by Dawson that he actually made contact with FF. Even so I can't see them changing their minds on this as it will open up a can of worms for them.

Interesting that a clear dive in yesterday's showpiece cup final went unpunished. Must be a different set of rules for Premier clubs.

The different rules are enshrined into the agreement between the Premiership and the TV companies, and are meticulously applied by the Super grade refs.

Edited by dumboldowl

Sorry but zero chance of having it overturned. If anything was going to be done it would have been done by now.....we now start on a new round of matches and that story will quickly become last week's news. And even Robinson has some more poor buggers to ref.....at Crawley tomorrow.

But I think the rule will be changed at the end of the season to make an appeal against a second yellow possible. Definitely not mid-season though.

Crawley is in West Sussex. Tim Robinson is refereeing their home match tomorrow night, and he's based in...West Sussex.

How is this allowed to happen? Is it to save cash on expenses because he can cadge a lift to the game with his neighbour?

I am convinced that a precedent has been set for this.

I thought in the last couple of seasons there had been a similar sending off for two yellows where it was obviously a mistake.

I thought the FA said player only had to serve one match ban instead of the two matches the player should have got.

I am convinced. Was it a Wolves player? Not sure on that.

Crawley is in West Sussex. Tim Robinson is refereeing their home match tomorrow night, and he's based in...West Sussex.

How is this allowed to happen? Is it to save cash on expenses because he can cadge a lift to the game with his neighbour?

He's probably a Brighton fan then.

Just saying.......

I am convinced that a precedent has been set for this.

I thought in the last couple of seasons there had been a similar sending off for two yellows where it was obviously a mistake.

I thought the FA said player only had to serve one match ban instead of the two matches the player should have got.

I am convinced. Was it a Wolves player? Not sure on that.

He's probably a Brighton fan then.

Just saying.......

If and I don't think he did give a decision to favour another team then he would be stupid as eventually his actions would get the better of him.