Contact made with FA

Key thing in the Forestieri case is the ref is accusing the player of cheating. That's why I think the FA should quash the sending off #swfc

If just a wrong decision then mistakes happen, but reputation/character of player is being called into question so should be righted #swfc

Agree with the twitter thing above and I've been saying it all along.

Refs make mistakes, it's not a problem and if it was for FF making a tackle, winning the ball and the ref booking him for said tackle, fair enough. Annoying but it can happen.

Accusing someone of cheating is a different matter.

So you'd be happy if Brighton or Rotherham's best player got a ban lifted as they'd suddenly changed the rules just for them?

The rules wouldn't just be changing for them, they'd change for all the clubs as it's set a precedent. The rule is obviously broken. You can rescind a straight red but not two yellows??? Just fecking idiotic if you ask me. 

So to answer your question, Yes.

Edited by mozzy85

In most cases of rule changes, there's usually some poor sod who has to be the working example of how crap the existing rule is in order to force the change to happen. In this case, that's going to be FF. And unfortunately, we're just going to have to lump it.

You can't make an exception for one player, regardless of how ridiculous the situation in practice. The rules/process for appeal undoubtedly need amending...but it has to happen at the end of the season. They can't go changing it in February.

The rules wouldn't just be changing for them, they'd change for all the clubs as it's set a precedent. The rule is obviously broken. You can rescind a straight red but not two yellows??? Just fecking idiotic if you ask me. 

So to answer your question, Yes.

Has there been a precedent where the length of the ban was reduced, rather than opening a can of worms regarding 2 yellows?

They wont change the 2 yellow appeal system now, but you can treat matters on a case by case basis in extreme circumstances.

Edited by Bluesteel

Has there been a precedent where the length of the ban was reduced, rather than opening a can of worms regarding 2 yellows?

I wouldn't know sorry, I was responding to the potential issue SWFC asked. 

Rules are subject to change in all walks of life though and this feckin farce of a rule needs looking at. 

I also believe technology needs to be introduced to football.