Contact made with FA

That was because they believed that it had been issued for something that wasn't breaking any laws, they argued that the rule stated the shirt must be taken off completely for a booking and Cahill only put it over his head.

I know it's a totally different thing with the shirt situation, but more the point I was trying to convey was that a 2nd yellow card was put to the FA/ referee for consideration to rescinder it( again, all be it it was not overturned but the appeal was put to them)

No, they can't. The only time it can be rescinded is in the case of mistaken identity. Provide a single time there has been a yellow card rescinded for anything other than it being issued to the wrong person? 

It can't be done as the rules stand and they won't change them. Can you imagine how many appeals there would be if yellow cards could be challenged? So far this season, there have been 1198 yellow cards in the Premier League alone, compared to 63 red. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4145246.stm) Now apply those to the other leagues. It's just not logistically possible to have them appealable. 

but it was issued to the wrong person we all and steve bruce and co know that  :rolleyes:

er someone take the + off or neg as i pressed it by mistake 

Edited by trevdi9

Take tour blue and white glasses off, take a subjective view and then you'll see why it can't be over turned.

Anyone else happy for Rhodes to play against us? Doubt it

Not just us that have said it was a bad dicision. It could be overturned but 99% it won't.

I'm sure some people will agree with you on the Rhodes scenario and I'm sure some would agree with me.

That referee should not officiate another football match again until he has held his hands up and at least admitted he got it wrong. I'm not on about getting it overturned as that won't happen and its gone now. However with all the evidence to suggest he made a c*ck up he should at least issue a statement saying that he got it wrong and he will endeavour to improve and an apology to Fernando Forestieri. Judging by the fact that he hasn't done this and the way he apparently was after the match suggests to me that he is an arrogant tw*t and continue to make poor decisions that could cost football clubs. I feel sorry for the clubs in League's 1&2 that will have to put up with him for the rest of the season. I don't like the dropping of referees into lower divisions. Why should they suffer because he could not hack it at a higher level? I'd suspend them for a week and see if that made them any better because dropping them down a division does not at all.

Edited by TomtheOwl95

I'm going to the ref's house.

I will hold his head down in his own toilet and pull the flush repeatedly until he takes the second yellow off his report and apologises personally, in the nude to Fernando.

Are we really expecting anything from the FA?

I sort of am just because it's so f**ked up!

But no, not really.

As said before I think we should be threatening legal action

lol seriously.

How can a player serve a ban that everyone accepts shouldn't be handed out?

Guest wilyfox

Do for one, and you end up having to do for all. The FA know they'll face appeals from other clubs for decisions on yellows left, right, and centre. It's a travesty, but his suspension will probably stand. The rule does need to change - but they're not gonna do that mid-season. At best, they'll put it on the agenda for discussion over the summer.

I sort of am just because it's so f**ked up!But no, not really.As said before I think we should be threatening legal action lol seriously.How can a player serve a ban that everyone accepts shouldn't be handed out?

Leaves a very sour taste in the mouth, f*****g fuming at this scandalous episode.

This is the problem.

I cannot understand how you can get away with having a discplinary process without any right of appeal or right to overrule by the governing body.

It seems contrary to any rights of individuals that we seem to go overboard to protect these days.

You are actually saying a referee can walk on a pitch , wave two yellow cards at a player for nothing and there is no way the sending off and punishment can be rescinded.

This must be contrary to some iindividual rights legislation

Do for one, and you end up having to do for all. The FA know they'll face appeals from other clubs for decisions on yellows left, right, and centre. It's a travesty, but his suspension will probably stand. The rule does need to change - but they're not gonna do that mid-season. At best, they'll put it on the agenda for discussion over the summer.

I agree but we've already had to swallow the first one match ban which was obviously also wrong.

The additional 2 game ban makes it a bit different.

Do for one, and you end up having to do for all. The FA know they'll face appeals from other clubs for decisions on yellows left, right, and centre.

That's not necessarily true though. This isn't an appeal, it's the FA autonomously rescinding/overturning a decision, which has happened before, but only very rarely. All clubs know that that if they abuse the appeals process then they face further sanctions when it's considered 'frivolous', for example the extension of a player's suspension. What makes this case different to others is that, aside from clear video evidence, the other party concerned in it has admitted their own guilt.

That said, I'm not expecting the FA to overturn simply because they very rarely do, but the reasons people are giving (i.e. they'll be inundated with appeals) are irrelevant in this case. They won't be inundated with appeals because this particular set of circumstances is extremely rare. The FA don't need to change a rule here: if they did overturn the yellow card, it wouldn't be creating a new appeals process or a new rule.