Contact made with FA

We couldn't complain? We'd go absolutely mental.

You might.

But if he was wrongly sent off, under the same circumstances as FF and it was rescinded under a rule that had been changed to allow the review and appeal to take place. Then what would our recourse be?

Fans would only be going mental because they dont want him to score against them, not because they think he was rightfully sent off. The real issue whether fans like it is whether the player shouldve been sent off.

At least the ref in the L**ds game had the gonads to consult the 4th official and reverse his decision at the time...

One factor is the tightrope of giving and receiving a card for a solitary incident even if a player is considered diving.

Was FF seeking to gain an advantage? No.

As much as I want the 2nd yellow to be quashed, this smacks of the FA turning around saying clearly there needs to be clarity in these situations [i.e you cannot be booked for diving unless its in the box - you can still be booked for persist infringement of which one of those could be diving elsewhere on the pitch] and they will consider it over the summer.

The other argument is that the rules are fine as long as they are administered properly by competent officials...Hooper being offside direct from a goal kick the other week is another case in point and it is worrying if the clear basics are beyond them, let alone one where common sense is required.

So all the clubs who have had a player sent off for two yellows can will immediately start looking at video evidence to see if there has been an injustice

It would be total chaos and we all know it.

Maybe time to man up and get on with it. If we can't beat Rotherham with or without him then we don't deserve to go up.

Brighton I admit is the big blow.

I reckon the referee will be lapping it up.

Nobody had heard of him before, now his name will be noticed and all fans except ours will not give a throw that he got it wrong.

His career will not suffer even if short term he gets a bollocking from some one.

As for a rule change i didn't expect that , i thought the ref could admit in his report that he was wrong and i thought , given the obvious error and poor publicity it gave the game he might be put under pressure by his bosses to do this.

Obviously nobody gives a throw and there has been a few FA pen pushers having a laugh about the whole episode while dipping digestives in their morning coffee.

And lets be clear it wasn't just a mistake by the ref.

It was a decision based on hearsay completely ignoring the evidence in the incident and it is because of this that the bosses should realise the man is a very poor ref

And that's the crux of it right there. If the FA do anything other than impose a 2 game ban on FF, how many other Clubs are going to turn round and say "hang on, what about our player who got a second yellow that he shouldn't have earlier this season...but it wasn't live on Sky and we don't have 30k+ fans to complain about it?". It'd be chaos. 

So what if no one else kicked up a fuss. Doe's this mean we should just sit back and accept a poo poo decision along with a poo poo rule that means we can't appeal. 

It helped that it was on Sky and was shown around the country but yet your acting like it's a bad thing. Everyone in the country would probably agree the standard of refereeing isn't great. If it isn't then something needs to be done. 

So all the clubs who have had a player sent off for two yellows can will immediately start looking at video evidence to see if there has been an injustice

It would be total chaos and we all know it.

Maybe time to man up and get on with it. If we can't beat Rotherham with or without him then we don't deserve to go up.

Brighton I admit is the big blow.

For a Wednesday fan, you don't half come across rather incensed that the Club are trying to do whatever they legally can to overturn the mistake.

It's a bit bizarre. I'd be annoyed with the Club if we sat back and did f*ck all.

So what happens if there was a similar injustice in say L2 or the conference in let's say November last year, something that wasn't in the media much.

How do you think that club would feel?

I'm sure that club would feel hard do0ne by but we have reacted to what has happened to us. The rule change would benefit every club in the future and not just ourselves. 

As stated rules change in all walks of life regarding business law and criminal law and everything else in between. if these can be managed and dealt with I'm sure the game of football can cope. 

For a Wednesday fan, you don't half come across rather incensed that the Club are trying to do whatever they legally can to overturn the mistake.

It's a bit bizarre. I'd be annoyed with the Club if we sat back and did f*ck all.

I can just look at things subjectively without blue and white glasses on.

I hope we appeal, I hope we win.

But you just have to look at the repercussions if the FA change a rule for such as this.

And that's the crux of it right there. If the FA do anything other than impose a 2 game ban on FF, how many other Clubs are going to turn round and say "hang on, what about our player who got a second yellow that he shouldn't have earlier this season...but it wasn't live on Sky and we don't have 30k+ fans to complain about it?". It'd be chaos. 

To be fair it's the only outcome their can be. Should be changed for future seasons.

Be very surprised if ban is overturned. The ref must have to refer to an error in his report I would have thought. Like turkeys voting for Xmas - can't see him doing this if he wants to progress up refereeing career ladder. The club have rightly raised this with FA that's all that they can do (as well no doubt speaking with the ref after the game and asking him to review his decision).

Good to see all the media reaction in our favour but it won't influence anything in terms of FFs ban. I just hope the ref is shafted with a ragman's trumpet.

There, edited it for you.

But the examples that people are giving for not overturning the decision are that mistakes happen, other players were harshly sent off etc. I bet those players weren't being called cheats.

At the very least the referee needs to apologise for calling a professional player a cheat.

I think it can be changed. And it absolutely should be changed. But at the end of the season.

If you change the rule now, then football stops being a level playing field this season. How many other teams this season have had players sent off for 2 yellows when at least one of them was due to a refereeing mistake? I don't know the answer to that, but I bet there's been at least one.

And that player will have already sat out his suspension...and that team will have already played a game (or two) without that player. What if they lost? What if that team misses out on promotion/playoffs/safety by a couple of points? As I say...potential chaos.

It was upto them to kick up a fuss. Obviously us being a more prestigious club (has to get that in there) and obviously the media frenzy surrounding it will have helped bring this rule to the forefront. 

Is that a bad thing? Obviously not and if we can kick start a look at this rule then great.

Another question. Should we lose our most influential player for 2 games for a mistake many have said has been one of the worse they've seen? Again no we shouldn't.

i do understand where your coming from though mate.