Contact made with FA

Guest wilyfox

That's not necessarily true though. This isn't an appeal, it's the FA autonomously rescinding/overturning a decision, which has happened before, but only very rarely. All clubs know that that if they abuse the appeals process then they face further sanctions when it's considered 'frivolous', for example the extension of a player's suspension. What makes this case different to others is that, aside from clear video evidence, the other party concerned in it has admitted their own guilt.

That said, I'm not expecting the FA to overturn simply because they very rarely do, but the reasons people are giving (i.e. they'll be inundated with appeals) are irrelevant in this case. They won't be inundated with appeals because this particular set of circumstances is extremely rare. The FA don't need to change a rule here: if they did overturn the yellow card, it wouldn't be creating a new appeals process or a new rule.

It would set a precedence, and would give other clubs the grounds to appeal their own charges. I don't like it, you may not agree with it - but that's how it is for now.

It would set a precedence, and would give other clubs the grounds to appeal their own charges. I don't like it, you may not agree with it - but that's how it is for now.

It wouldn't set a precedent, because it's already happened before (the Drogba case, for example).

It wouldn't give other clubs grounds to appeal, because there isn't an appeal in this case. We cannot appeal here, and we haven't appealed here. We've contacted the FA to ask them to review, but we haven't lodged an appeal.

For the FA to overturn the decision, they would not have to change any rules or processes. It's an autonomous act by the FA and (most likely) the referee.

The only thing that will placate us is if we win both matches. Imagine if we even lost to Rotherham. If we lost both, it would seriously damage our promotion chances, and would be laid firmly at the refs door. I'm still smarting about the two lost points against QPR for the non pen.

Guest wilyfox

It wouldn't set a precedent, because it's already happened before (the Drogba case, for example).

It wouldn't give other clubs grounds to appeal, because there isn't an appeal in this case. We cannot appeal here, and we haven't appealed here. We've contacted the FA to ask them to review, but we haven't lodged an appeal.

For the FA to overturn the decision, they would not have to change any rules or processes. It's an autonomous act by the FA and (most likely) the referee.

I bet they don't see it your way. Search for a loophole all you like, it ain't gonna happen. The best we can hope for is that the FA act to ensure the same cannot happen again next season and beyond.

I bet they don't see it your way. Search for a loophole all you like, it ain't gonna happen. The best we can hope for is that the FA act to ensure the same cannot happen again next season and beyond.

How can they ensure that Wily? other than actually dealing with the appalling standard of refereeing, of which this is just the latest fiasco!

I don't agree that we needed a video ref to help this.

The ref decided to call a player a cheat when if he wasn't sure he didn't need to give anything. Although it would have been wrong he could have just not awarded us a free kick and not booked FF. The ref is saying that every time it is not a free kick, the other player dived.

Video replay with ref in stand...has to happen sooner rather than later imho ...

. Agreed how it doesn't happen in a multi million pound game is astounding. Millions of pounds dependant on guess work. Sunday's game player taken out on edge of area ref correctly gives it outside box players surround ref. In the time it took ref to calm everybody down TV showed he was correct. You don't even need to stop the game all it needs is 4th official to say no pen through headphones Edited by darra

It's not about 'seeing it my way'. It's their own process, and they've used it before. I very much doubt they'll use it in this case, but they can.

As I said before, I think it's extremely doubtful they will overturn because they very rarely do - they prefer to side with their on-pitch officials wherever possible - but my point is that they can overturn it, and they have done so before. Lots of comments on here show that people aren't understanding the processes involved and are saying that it's not possible to overturn without setting a new precedent in allowing an appeal. I'm just saying that it is possible because an appeal hasn't been lodged. It would only be a new precedent if the FA allowed the club to lodge an official appeal - which they haven't done.

I would like to see the club put out some PR on this.

We know he misses our next two games but the future is important

I don't know what the response from the FA was but guess it was basically " nothing can be done"

We should put something out officially saying FF did nothing wrong, everybody can see it was a wrong decision and the only reason he is suspended is because of the current process.

The club should show some public support for FF and tough if the FA don't like it

The key difference with the Drogba case is he wasn't sent off, the rules se to be different

One yellow yes appeal can be overturned

Two yellows = red no appeal allowed

That's the complete joke of a rule

I have not seen the incident but Mata scored with a free kick against Shrewsbury with players in an offside position.

Next day the Premier League , not a referees organisation, put a press release out saying that if it had been in the Premier League the goal would have been ruled out. ie different rules for them

They do what they want on the field and in the disciplinary process and the FA let them

The key difference with the Drogba case is he wasn't sent off, the rules se to be different

One yellow yes appeal can be overturned

Two yellows = red no appeal allowed

That's the complete joke of a rule

You're right that it's a joke rule, and that Drogba wasn't sent off. But the rule is about whether a club can appeal or not, rather than a rule that the FA can overturn/rescind or not. There's an important difference there, albeit a very slight one. The FA can overturn/rescind in the absence of an appeal (in the Drogba case I didn't see it mentioned whether Chelsea actually tried to appeal, but I'm assuming not).

It's a bit like (to use a random analogy) the difference between a standing order and a direct debit. One is you giving the money to someone, the other is giving them the authority to take it.

The thing with our case right now is that the combination of details seems to be unique (simulation + second yellow + two-match ban), at least I haven't heard of that happening before. Given that the FA have overturned decisions before without an appeal being lodged first, they at least would have the possibility of doing so in this case, even though the odds are obviously stacked against it. Given that the club - knowing they can't appeal - have contacted the FA to ask for a review, they probably see it the same way.

Was our situation brought up on ref watch on Monday with dermot Gallagher. If so what was his view on it or did sky keep well clear of it.

David Garrido Verified account ‏@SkySportsDavid Feb 29

Dermot Gallagher on Forestieri, live on Sky: "It's not only harsh, it's incorrect. I think the player should be exonerated." #SWFC

A video ref isn't a 100% guarantee of being correct. A video ref in this case may also presume FF to be a cheat. Refs would back each other up as well.

On Friday, surely the 4th official could have had a word and said that he thought it was a wrong decision. A bit like they did with the Leeds goal that never was and other circumstances we've seen over the years.

Was our situation brought up on ref watch on Monday with dermot Gallagher. If so what was his view on it or did sky keep well clear of it.

dumped sky so havent seen it tinks

however check out alan biggs  youtube with hirsty and ex ref halsey slag robinson off

The website i looked at said he had reffed 11 Champ games, 7 in lg1 and 8 in lg 2 this season.

So it is not demotion.

He has only reffed 18 champ games altogether.

So for a big championship game on the tv the birdbrains at the football league appoint an inexperienced ref who lives very close to one of the other top 6 teams.

I just looked up his games this season.

He's reffed 30 games and given 112 yellow yellow cards and 5 red ones.