The Championship Run-In

Birmingham lose 2-1 at home to Leeds... that's just about finished off their play-off hopes.

And then there were three (for two play-off places) - Only Derby, Cardiff and Wednesday left now.

That depends if we can avoid defeat on Saturday.

Birmingham lose 2-1 at home to Leeds... that's just about finished off their play-off hopes.

And then there were three (for two play-off places) - Only Derby, Cardiff and Wednesday left now.

I'd put Hull in there as well.

Updated

post-88-0-50355200-1460496251_thumb.png

Hard one to call really. I remember us tonking burnley for 7 and Leicester for 4 immediately after two relegations lol

I suppose it shouldn't really matter either way.

If way turn up on our A game, we'll beat MK Dons whether they're already down or not.

We are serious promotion candidates after all.

Hard run in for us and with all the negative vibes going around us since Saturday I can see us tailing off quite quickly unless we pull ourselves together and CC concentrates fully on the job in hand.

Hopefully we will do enough to stay in the top 6 - quite a big ask for Cardiff to overhaul us but I can just as easily see us finishing 7th TBH.

Thing is does form place or owt count in championship? Brum beat reading away and lose to on the beach Leeds at home.

It is superb to have the points in the bag. 2 draws and 3 narrow defeats might be fine. Cardiff might only manage two wins and a draw. Assuming tractors are one of our draws and they remain a bit stuck in slurry.

If they beat us, and be honest, that game could go either way, they only have to pick up three more points on us (assuming goal difference stays in our favour). Us losing to Derby, them beating Bolton, could be when it happens. That's why I think we will need at least a draw at Derby.

Beating us would be more than matching us on that day and then they would still have to more than match us by three more points (assuming no massive swing in GD).

They really do need to more than match us

That's Birmingham out of the play-off race now.

3 places up for grabs - Hull are almost there, Derby looking good for a place, Wednesday have a comfortable cushion, and Cardiff have it all to do.

5 points from the remaining home games (1 vs Ipswich, 3 vs MK Dons, and 1 vs Cardiff) and Cardiff will need to gain 10 additional points from 4 games to overhaul us. We win the next 2 games, and I can't see Cardiff catching us even if they win at Hillsborough.