The Championship Run-In

We need to match Cardiff's results in next two games (chances are they'll win both) and then draw at Derby. Assuming they beat Bolton later that same day we will go into the Cardiff game three points ahead. Avoid defeat and we're in the play-offs barring a big GD swing.

We need to match Cardiff's results in next two games (chances are they'll win both) and then draw at Derby. Assuming they beat Bolton later that same day we will go into the Cardiff game three points ahead. Avoid defeat and we're in the play-offs barring a big GD swing.

No,they are the chasing club,they have to match ours,"chances are" they could lose their next two,just like we could,assumptions mean diddly,christ if i went on assumptions and "chances are" i'd be a damned sight wealthier than i am now,because my bets would come in everytime.

Cardiff have averaged 1.53 points per game this season, so based on them keeping up that average, they'll end up with 71 points. Even if they massively up their average and take in 2 points per game over the next 5 games, that still only leaves them on 73 points.

We are already sat on 68 points, so realistically 6 points from our last 5 games should see us in the play-offs - which is well short of our season average of 1.66 points per game.

Basically, if the situation didn't include our own team, we'd be saying the top 6 come May will be as they are now. But, funny things happen in football!!

Ironically it is Cardiffs own story of end of season collapse which is giving them hope. Bottom line is how our big players handle this last phase. Will they be rock solid like Jordan Spieth 2015 or nervous nellies like er .... Jordan Speith 2016.

For what it's worth I think we will somewhat stagger over the line but I don't think that is any harm in terms of play offs. I'm sure the year Palace went up they did so on the back of a good mid season run and but a poor run in. They did a local rival Brighton in the semis and then won the final.

Fairs fair. Derby have got Arry. Maybe we should get Ollie in as a play off consultant?

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet

Trouble with MK Dons is if they are already down the pressure will be off them. I remember us getting relegated at Arsenal them hammering Leicester 4-0 the next game

But on the plus side, they are bobbins.

It is.

If we need a win v Cardiff it becomes squirty bum time.

But it's great init, I prefer this squeaky bum time than the usual one, we could be 15th as normal and here checking the run in of the bottom 4!

So you'd rather them be fighting for their lives then!

Yeah, that way the pressure is on them and their nerves will be on edge, better that than them playing with a carefree attitude.

Cardiff need to do more than match our results or they will stay 5 points adrift.

If they beat us, and be honest, that game could go either way, they only have to pick up three more points on us (assuming goal difference stays in our favour). Us losing to Derby, them beating Bolton, could be when it happens. That's why I think we will need at least a draw at Derby.

If they beat us, and be honest, that game could go either way, they only have to pick up three more points on us (assuming goal difference stays in our favour). Us losing to Derby, them beating Bolton, could be when it happens. That's why I think we will need at least a draw at Derby.

Don't fancy our chances of getting a draw at Derby at the moment. We just need to win the next two home games and draw at Wolves should be enough

Yeah, that way the pressure is on them and their nerves will be on edge, better that than them playing with a carefree attitude.

I'd sooner they be down by the time we play them, they could then play with the same care free attitude that Wycombe did when they last visited Hillsborough when they were already relegated.