The Owls vs Brentford. Official Matchday Thread.

fPhqFPR.png

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

Have a very impressive list of prestigious honours. Look at this list!

Division 3 South - Runners-up, 1929-30
Best team photo in which all the players are smoking pipes and wearing top hats, 1931
Division 3 South - Champions, 1932-33
Division 2 - Champions, 1935-35
Shandy Drinkers Vase - Runners-up,1952
Division 3 South - Runners-up, 1957-58
Division 4 - Champions, 1962-63
Freight Rover Trophy - Runners-up, 1985
Division 3 - Champions, 1991-92
Division 3 - Champions, 1998-99
LDV Vans Trophy - Runners-up, 2001
Eel Molesters Shield - Runners-up, 2004
League 2 - Champions, 2008-09
Johnstones Paint Trophy - Runners-up, 2011
League 1 - Runners-up, 2013-14

EWWndD5.jpg

Their finest achievment to date was of course being the first team in the Championship to have the Giant Shadow Llama visit their ground and at the same time be featured in the Tay Tay gif of the Owlstalk Official Matchday Thread. We won 2 - 1 at theirs, ate all the chips and drank all the beer.

Giant Shadow Llama was actually born a few days before at St James Park, Newcastle or The Mike Ashley Palace of Rubbish Football and Money Making Mischief Stadium as they call it now, during an unholy union between an Owls fan’s hand and a Toon floodlight on that magnificent night as we thrashed them 1 - 0 in the league cup.

Giant Shadow Llama will be there today as well, to ensure that even more pudding is rubbed into the faces of the hapless Brentford players as we score goal after goal after goal.

wwHq8A0.jpg

WE ARE GOING UP! SAY WE ARE GOING UP!

What a fantastic time to be an Owl.

THE SERIOUS BIT

Venue: Hillsborough Stadium, Sheffield.
Kick Off: Saturday, 13th of Febuary at 15:00

Matchday Apparel: Home shirt.

Matchday Drink: Probobobobarbly beer.

Matchday Pie: Best get four, it’s going to be chilly.

Matchday Song: Boogie Oogie Oogie by A Taste Of Honey…

MATCHDAY FACTS

Sheffield Wednesday midfielders Sam Hutchinson and Kieran Lee will both be assessed.

Glenn Loovens remains sidelined with a groin injury but goalkeeper Keiren Westwood is expected to be fit.

Brentford will be without midfielder Alan McCormack (ran out of honey) and defender Andreas Bellend (fighting a hornet).

However, the Bees are boosted by the return to training of striker Scott Hogan, who has been out since August 2014 after two cruciate injuries.

NDL2Et4.png Head to Head gIPY2Ka.png

â–ª Sheffield Wednesday are unbeaten in their last five against Brentford, winning three and drawing two.

â–ª The Bees have failed to score in their last two trips to Hillsborough (D1 L1).

â–ª The Owls have recovered 13 points from trailing positions this campaign - the most in the league.

â–ª Only Fulham's Ross McCormack (48%) has scored or assisted a higher share of his team's goals in this Championship season than Brentford's Alan Judge (45%).

â–ª Gary Hooper has averaged a goal every 104 minutes this season; the best minutes-per-goal rate of any Championship player with five or more goals.

â–ª Only Hull (21) have won more points in their last 10 games than Sheffield Wednesday (20).

aMZBLRm.png

My prediction: Three goals for us, a slapped arse for Brentford. Ooooooh!

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

“We know what we are doing, how we are doing and why we are winning. We are excited but not excessively so. We are in a moderated mood, we understand that to win the games we must fight a lot, we must have character and we must play like a team. But we are with our feet on the floor, we are in the process and we try to correct things.”

X3Z0SUP.png

“The boy Hutchinson has obviously got some explaining to do going by the picture above but you try to correct things when they are not perfect and this week has been fantastic. I believe that on Saturday we can do even better.”

MINTYNESS

nC79jCT.gif

Don't Forget. Raise the roof for Dazza. RIP fellow Owl. A round of applause on 28 minutes…

cf5rDDP.jpg

Guest minsk owl

Fighting a Hornet   :biggrin:

Shandy drinkers Vase  :biggrin:

No faffing about today, .......  3 - 0 ,  Forestieri, Hooper, ..... and McGugan from the 18th at Worrall 

post-38035-0-44298800-1455322075_thumb.j

Wonderful OMDT, as per, Pauli. Bit confused by the Matchday Song because 

a) there was one of those "skip Ad" things that I didn't realise was one of those "Skip Ad" things and

b) I wasn't sure if I should be in a  sold-out-to-commercial-radio jazz bar or a very laid-back disco when listening to it

Judging from Pauli's info, Brentford deserve more respect than they usually get, history-wise, methinks.

We will have to thrape 'em though! :biggrin:

Hmmm..stage fright night be the order of the day.

Sneaky 1-0 reverse or A very frustrating 0-0.

Hope not

Good God, no! With the confidence that alcohol supplies to all good Wednesdayites, I can firmly state that this will be won by THE WEDNESDAY in a canter, maybe even a trot. With time for a bit of dressage done by a horse ridden by that prehistoric old lady ridiculously dressed in a top hat and tails. I wonder if she's "gorn to 'er reward in 'eaven".

Best OMDT ever

Well done pauli...!

Love the song, love Tay Tay, would love to Llama all over her back.

Love our sexy footballing mintyness.

Hoping for a good game today with a good result to put pressure on those above us.

Chuck the meat on the fire Carlos.

RIP DH28

4-1

C'MON LADS...!

UTO

Best one yet Pauli

Love the song

Didn't know Daz, but will raise my part of the roof in memory of a Wednesday brother

4-1 to the Wednesday boys

Forestierri, Hooper, Wallace and a rare goal for Jack Hunt

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest minsk owl

Evening all/ 

Quality Pauli as usual.

We are going to win this, slow first half then we will come back roaring to victory.  3-1 to Wednesday.  Hooper, FF and Bannan the scorers.  

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

in which case, ......i'll go with the on - form prediction man  ^^^

Wonderful OMDT, as per, Pauli. Bit confused by the Matchday Song because 

a) there was one of those "skip Ad" things that I didn't realise was one of those "Skip Ad" things and

b) I wasn't sure if I should be in a  sold-out-to-commercial-radio jazz bar or a very laid-back disco when listening to it

Judging from Pauli's info, Brentford deserve more respect than they usually get, history-wise, methinks.

We will have to thrape 'em though! :biggrin:

It's a perfect 125 BPM. Just right for Boogie Oogie Oogieing our way way into a promotion place.  +100 for the use of the the word "thrape" though.

Hmmm..stage fright night be the order of the day.

Sneaky 1-0 reverse or A very frustrating 0-0.

Hope not

Never mind, everybody get's a + from me if they post on the first two pages of the the OMDT.

Cheer up love.

fJP3OLO.png

Edited by pauli