Safe standing

I dont pretend to know anything about safe standing, but it does strike me as a way forward. Grounds need atmosphere, many fans cant afford seat tickets, so denser fans (ie closer together, not thickos) at cheaper prices would please club, please those fans and generate atmosphere.

And lets face it, its far more fun. I wouldnt stand at my ripe age, but in my teens to late twenties sitting down was utter carp.

I go on the kop at Hillsborough, never sit down, I hate it and the present arrangement does not protect me one bit from a fall or a push! Modern, safe standing methods would!!! It would actually be a safer, more enjoyable way to watch the game!

Rail seating is far safer than current seating if supporters stand during the game.

Rail seating is designed to stop people being able to fall/surge/push into the row in front. Current seating doesn't prevent this.

The only thing that can possibly lead people to believe this is a bad idea in areas where fans stand anyway is simple ignorance of the facts.

Exactly this.

Sadly it might take an accident to occur in one of the grounds where people do stand in seating areas to make the authorities wake up and realise doing something that is proven to make grounds safer is a good thing.

The fact fans want it too just makes it a no brainer really.

Also solves the issue where currently if you don't want to stand, cos you have a kid, bad legs, or just prefer it, but end up in an area where everyone has stood up, you have no choice but to not see or stand up, as the sections will be clearly defined in different blocks.

Being stood up didn't cause the Hillsborough disaster.

Being fenced in did.

Exactly this , and can you imagine the number of fans allowed per 9 sqs yards if "safe standing " was introduced ??

And why is it ok for lower leagues to stand but such a hazard for the bigger clubs ?

I think people also forget we stood at Hillsborough many times after the disaster.

Can't see safe standing at Hillsborough to be honest.

Perhaps if we ever moved to a new stadium but for Hillsborough the scars run too deep.

Wholeheartedly disagree with that. The scars that run deep are to do with the Leppings Lane end and the terracing and pens that were on it. I see no reason why safe standing could not be introduced on the Kop and eventually on a new West Stand. We as a club cannot standstill nor hold ourselves back because of that awful day.

Safe standing is nothing at all like the old terraces. Every ticket is numbered with a row and seat associated with it. The rails prevent falling forward which is now very possible with standing in the current seated areas, and there cannot be the swaying that was seen on terraces. The only freedom to move is to decide whether you want to be in that area or not. Wednesday should make a statement of intent to explore this further and if this is ever allowed in England then I think Liverpool would also look at it, so should we.

If your going to have standing have the rails on every row without the seats. Let prices reflect that it's a standing area. Some people prefer to sit and some prefer to stand. Totally separate areas required.

Not allowed I think. European games have to be all seater, so the seats have to be there or that section would be empty for any of those games. That is why Dortmund introduced these safe standing/seats so that their fans could stand for league games but sit for European ones. They have the biggest Kop in Europe and no issues with standing, yet the German fans were no angels in the past, they have proved this type of rail seating works.

I dont pretend to know anything about safe standing, but it does strike me as a way forward. Grounds need atmosphere, many fans cant afford seat tickets, so denser fans (ie closer together, not thickos) at cheaper prices would please club, please those fans and generate atmosphere.

And lets face it, its far more fun. I wouldnt stand at my ripe age, but in my teens to late twenties sitting down was utter carp.

Fans wouldnt be "denser" at all.

funny how 3000 of us managed to stand in a seating area against brum and another 5500 will be doing the same against Preston and nothing happened. Agreed something needed to be done but times have moved on this ridiculous obsession with safety is over the top. Standing is and would be fine up and down the country

I have an ST at the back of the North and stand at all times, gives an especially good view when everyone in front is sat down so I'm not complaining about my current situation...

But I would also like to see safe standing on the Kop. Surely a trial run wouldn't hurt. Aren't there some current clubs who have successfully trialed it? Surely Hillsborough would be the perfect flagship for the rest of the football league to follow after what happened in 86.

Not allowed I think. European games have to be all seater, so the seats have to be there or that section would be empty for any of those games. That is why Dortmund introduced these safe standing/seats so that their fans could stand for league games but sit for European ones. They have the biggest Kop in Europe and no issues with standing, yet the German fans were no angels in the past, they have proved this type of rail seating works.

No surprise really. I guess that for league games then the section with the railing seats should be designated standing areas and priced accordingly since a few standing will obviously mean that all will have to stand to see.

I would like to see at least discussions about it, I would love to see the European safe standing rails introduced on any redevelopment of the kop and I'm old enough to see it as the traditional standing area of the ground,

However as the verdicts into the enquiry are due to come in April and we are rumoured to be redeveloping the west in the summer then I think the west should stay all seated for the moment

That said there is no reason not to build the west within the parameters of the specs for safe standing rails giving us the option in the future

Back in the day we use to be very modern thinking and ahead of the game regarding stadium renovations and maybe we can be again and I would think the Liverpool families would appreciate the rebuilding and the consideration that has gone in to the new west stand designs