Safe standing

There seems to be a misunderstanding of what safe standing is.

1st the Hillsborough disaster was a disaster waiting to happen in British football. Just so happens it happened where it did. It's not a reason to stop safe standing. A tragedy but move on.

Safe Standing should be re-branded LEGAL STANDING , currently standing in seat areas is forbidden probably not legal.

The barrier fold up seat is there to provide additional safety , when we stand today if people at back "surged " forward people can easily fall over the seat In front and get seriously hurt. The barrier is for safety. Everyone gets there own barrier , in the 80s several hundred behind each.

Finally there is a thought that safe standing would be cheaper

Standing is ok for tall burly people but for others who's view is mostly the back of the heads or jumping masses, it if not a pleasant experience. I went to Stoke some years ago to watch Wednesday and it was all seater but all the Wednesday fans had to follow the lead of those who wanted to stand including small kids, smaller people and me with torn ligaments who could not stand on one leg for more than a minute. Never again will I stand at a match and get pushed about by those who think it ok to do so. By the way, I am 6 foot and 13 stone!

I think the petition needs to be put nationwide, and sure as i am, i believe that if a petition gets over 500k signatures then the subsequent hearing needs to be debated in parliament. To me this is the only way we will get standing back at football matches in england

it's 100k mate 

Guest Grez Bez

Let me keep this question simple because I can see how it works.

How do you stop 40/50 mates who like to act up standing together and acting like they do on the concourse?

How do you stop the same 40/50 people inviting there pissed up

Mates who are elsewhere to come and stand in that area with them?? ( then it's overcrowded with pissed up people acting daft)

How does that get stopped?

What's that got to do with safe standing?

That is no different to how it is now.

I think we've both been to games but you don't get how the safe standing works.

Your arguments against it don't make sense in terms of how it works. They're either wrong or irrelevant.

There's nothing more to be said. I can see I'm wasting my time here.

It isnt irrelevant though maybe I'm not explaining my point well enough if this happened let me give you an example to try and explain

Me and my mates buy 30 tickets all in the same row of the safe standing area. 20 or 30 other mates are not on the same row or even msybe in seating area.

All though are out all day on the wee wee up. They get to the match and at half time the mates in the standing area are jumping around singing and having a right giggle. The other mates meet them for a beer at halftime have a couple more drinks and say come on roger the seats you should be sat in come and stand with us it's a giggle. You now have far too many people in that area all pissed and all even dafter as you are when there's large groups of mates.

Now if that was reversed and it was still all seating and you had these split of mates meeting at half time saying come stand with us in our area it wouldn't happen. It can't because the seatin arrangements doesn't leave enough room for them to all stand together.

The new standing areas however would have seats folded back and you could cram more in.

The problem is wherever you get over capacity in areas of anything it becomes dangerous. No matter how much you argue the seating is easier to manage people staying in their own areas.

The only way to stop this would be to only allow tickets in small numbers for a booking to avoid groups booking loads of tickets together like they used to do with away games. However that would kill the only valid reason I can see for this safe standing argument which seems to be atmosphere.

Edited by kidc77

Guest Grez Bez

Your logic is completely wrong. Your issues whould be in a thread about bad behaviour not safe standing

What you are saying is impossible

You also dont make a decision on <5% of a fan base

It isnt irrelevant though maybe I'm not explaining my point well enough if this happened let me give you an example to try and explain

Me and my mates buy 30 tickets all in the same row of the safe standing area. 20 or 30 other mates are not on the same row or even msybe in seating area.

All though are out all day on the wee wee up. They get to the match and at half time the mates in the standing area are jumping around singing and having a right giggle. The other mates meet them for a beer at halftime have a couple more drinks and say come on roger the seats you should be sat in come and stand with us it's a giggle. You now have far too many people in that area all pissed and all even dafter as you are when there's large groups of mates.

Now if that was reversed and it was still all seating and you had these split of mates meeting at half time saying come stand with us in our area it wouldn't happen. It can't because the seatin arrangements doesn't leave enough room for them to all stand together.

The new standing areas however would have seats folded back and you could cram more in.

The problem is wherever you get over capacity in areas of anything it becomes dangerous. No matter how much you argue the seating is easier to manage people staying in their own areas.

The only way to stop this would be to only allow tickets in small numbers for a booking to avoid groups booking loads of tickets together like they used to do with away games. However that would kill the only valid reason I can see for this safe standing argument which seems to be atmosphere.

Get yourself to Preston as that will happen and obviously is far more dangerous in a traditional seating area than it would be in these safe standing rows, how can anybody not understand this?

Away games are great but only a matter of time before someone gets hurt as nobody ever sits down anyway.

I'd have just above concourse on Kop made in to this and then there's options for everybody.

If it was to happen , why not just have a separate section either at the back or front , around 40 feet deep normal barriers that have seen billions of folk watch football without a prob .

Where the same area would have held 4000 make it 3000 job done.

Can we now stop talking of silly barriers and safe standing with fold away seats , when all is said and done if a Gate is opened lets 2/3 k in en mass you are going to have a problem no matter what

It would work just the same as stewarding works now. If i returned to my spot after half time and someone was stood there i would tell em to shift ( or get a steward to do it if they looked hard ) same as if you went back to your seat and someone was sat there youd tell em to do one. The only way you'd get a lot of people standing there without tickets is if there was plenty of spare spaces, which would surely mean there was no overcrowding

If it was to happen , why not just have a separate section either at the back or front , around 40 feet deep normal barriers that have seen billions of folk watch football without a prob .

Where the same area would have held 4000 make it 3000 job done.

Can we now stop talking of silly barriers and safe standing with fold away seats , when all is said and done if a Gate is opened lets 2/3 k in en mass you are going to have a problem no matter what

Hello Mr Dinosaur. Terracing will never return, you need to realise that. If you want standing it will be via rail seating or a similar method... Or nothing. You need to accept that. The old terracing is never coming back, rail seating possibly would be the best alternative. Why fight that?

Hello Mr Dinosaur. Terracing will never return, you need to realise that. If you want standing it will be via rail seating or a similar method... Or nothing. You need to accept that. The old terracing is never coming back, rail seating possibly would be the best alternative. Why fight that?

Rail Seating does not answer the crux of the matter you are fixated on being allowed to stand as opposed to now where people stand but on the whim of stadium control as t whether stewards get heavy or not 

I thought the main argument of the bring back standing brigade was so they could stand with their mates where they want all together without the necessity of 1 person buying blocks of tickets en masse to ensure that they are "sat" together 

Rail seating you are sold an allocated fold up seat just as now but have a rail in front should you want to stand the problem of Fred or Arthur who aren't ST holders so have to wait until they can buy a ticket so cant stand with their mates still remain.

I get the Atmosphere bit but its a problem that all football has Atmosphere amongst home crowds the game over has declined and i think people are grasping the straw of standing as an answer.

When all i could afford was the cheap stands so had no option but to stand on occasion i used to yearn to be in the side stands seating now im there every foooker wants to make em standing lol

Get yourself to Preston as that will happen and obviously is far more dangerous in a traditional seating area than it would be in these safe standing rows, how can anybody not understand this?

Away games are great but only a matter of time before someone gets hurt as nobody ever sits down anyway.

I'd have just above concourse on Kop made in to this and then there's options for everybody.

Then I return to the original point our fans can't be trusted to behave which means our club will not change anything especially with the pressure of historic disaster and looming rouble now the cops have been found out for lying. They won't touch it with a barge pole