Forestieri

Bannan and hutch have contributed just as much. They simply get overlooked because of goals scored!!

Bannan and hutch have contributed just as much. They simply get overlooked because of goals scored!!

I agree they have played well but any player who scores 5 in 6 will always be the much better asset especially when there playing mainly out wide. Plus his work rate and overall contribution in my eyes are much stronger than his goals. He lifted the who team against borough. For me he's had a faultless month

Apart from costing us the game v M'boro, I agree.

One of the most deluded things I've ever read on this forum.

The same Hutch who had the intelligence to actually read the game in the first place and put an interception in. Did Palmer's job for him after Liam decided to wander. Then took up an acceptable position at the front post. The cross then bypassed him (holding him responsible for not cutting it out is insanely stupid), and our half alseep left back allowed a player to simply drift infront of him and score.

Palmer and Wiggins to blame entirely. Ridiculous to pin the blame on Hutch.

Bad all ends up.

But for me the most basic level defending is out yourself between the ball and the goal.

943886_10154299362596111_482067977971332

All culpable.

Would be more concerned with Loovens' positioning than Hutchinson.

Plus, like someone else said. Hutch only found himself in no mans land because Palmer was out of position...and Palmer was only initially out of position due to Sougou being a lazy fecker...so Palmer had to keep his eye on two players.

Was a long list of errors

Would be more concerned with Loovens' positioning than Hutchinson.

Plus, like someone else said. Hutch only found himself in no mans land because Palmer was out of position...and Palmer was only initially out of position due to Sougou being a lazy fecker...so Palmer had to keep his eye on two players.

Was a long list of errors

Good point about Loovens as well. Another one who should be blamed before Hutch

Good point about Loovens as well. Another one who should be blamed before Hutch

If he, especially as captain, keeps as close to being in line with the rest of the defence as possible...that goal doesn't happen.

Eventually it goes all the way across and Wiggins fails to do his job.

But the first failure that happened had a knock on effect which lead to other individual 'errors' which lead to the goal.

But Loovens has little excuse for his positioning. 

I disagree

Very poor from Hutch- he's way out of position.

I realize criticizing the golden boy is not the done thing though

Only out of position to cover for Palmer, who was dragged out cos of Sougou.

Wiggins then makes an error by letting Stuani run in...but the run shouldn't even be possible because Loovens should be there. 

Several errors from several players. I really don't think it's 'very poor' from Hutch though. 

Only out of position to cover for Palmer, who was dragged out cos of Sougou.

Wiggins then makes an error by letting Stuani run in...but the run shouldn't even be possible because Loovens should be there.

Several errors from several players. I really don't think it's 'very poor' from Hutch though.

He should never have gone out there

He should have been brave and stood his ground, the ball will always come into the box

And it came into the box exactly where he should have been at a very defensible height and speed

Once he made the initial error of going out, he then failed to commit to it and go woefully caught in between two stools

The people who think his wasn't he biggest error, probably though Roger Johnson was to blame for the 'backing off' goal Yaya Toure scored

The ball with either be flashed across the 6-yard box: Hutch cuts it out

Or

Cut back in the direction of the 18-yard line: Loovens cuts it out

Or

Stood up to the far post: Wiggins cuts it out

You could argue when Hutch went wandering Loovens should have moved closer to the goal, but he leaves a huge gap behind him.

Hutch - unfortunately- snookered us.

Disagree. Loovens was in the position semedo should have been

One of the most deluded things I've ever read on this forum.

The same Hutch who had the intelligence to actually read the game in the first place and put an interception in. Did Palmer's job for him after Liam decided to wander. Then took up an acceptable position at the front post. The cross then bypassed him (holding him responsible for not cutting it out is insanely stupid), and our half alseep left back allowed a player to simply drift infront of him and score.

Palmer and Wiggins to blame entirely. Ridiculous to pin the blame on Hutch.

this. If either Palmer or Wiggins do their jobs then there is no goal.

I disagree

Very poor from Hutch- he's way out of position.

I realize criticizing the golden boy is not the done thing though

Out of interest, have you ever played football? I'm not having a dig, honestly, I'm just curious to know if you did... as I suspect that if you were a defender you'd be viewing it differently.

For me, defenders have to do two things:

-Cover each other

-Keep in line with each other as much as possible

When Palmer gets beaten on that right hand side, and when the ball is out on that touchline on the right hand side, the whole defence will move as a unit and shift right. Otherwise if Palmer gets beaten by the player going around him, the attacker can come infield with the ball and attack the right side of the box... and the ball is more likely to be delivered to the near post/centre of box than the far... and even if it is delivered to far post, there will be time for the defensive line to shift left again to close the ball down

In the above picture, you've got both Hutch and Loovens shifted well right. Hutch is probably about two yards too far right, meaning that Loovens is about too far right... Wiggins doesn't seem to have equaled how far they've moved across- hence part of the reason that there's a huge gap in defence. So ultimately, the whole defensive line's fault, minorly Hutch for going a couple of yards too far, but that's only minor... major issue with Wiggins not compensating and matching the rest of his back four.

Now the biggy... the lack of a flat back four. Palmer, Hutch, Wiggins, all perfectly placed in terms of depth. Loovens is in no-man's land... a good 3/4 yards too far forward. Being out of position width wide by a couple of yards isn't too big a big deal... 'depth' wise it can really cause you problems. If he had been aligned with his back four, it's a simple interception and clearance.

As has been said, poor defensive work all round, but for me, positionally speaking at least, the order of blame goes (from least to most culpable): Hutch, Wiggins, Loovens. No idea what a man of his experience is doing out there

The problem stemmed from Sougou tarting his way out of a tackle. 

The fundamental problem in this incident though is Loovens. Wingers get crosses in all the time, they do their man...it happens. And centre halves (in this case Hutchinson) get dragged out to cover lazy arse wingers & get caught in no mans land and in between two minds. It happens,

What shouldn't be happening is Loovens not getting close to holding some sort of line. You know why? Cos from kick off...all the way to the goal...he's not got a player anywhere near to him. So he's got no one causing him problems, no one dragging him out of position...so why on gods name is he out of position so badly?

It's pretty much a perfect defensive line we've got when the cross goes in, whether that be on purpose or the players stumbled into those positions. If Loovens, with no one around him, does the bare minimum and keeps up with play...the goal doesn't happen.

Individual errors happen, errors caused by knock on effects happen...players being quicker than our defence will happen. Wiggins, Palmer, Sougou and Hutch were all victims of the above...not one of them blameless.

But Loovens' defending was shambolic to say no rascal was around him. 4 Boro players are out wide, including Loovens' man, and causing our wide men problems. Leadbitter's nearer the half way line than the goal. Stuani is wide right. That's the whole Boro attack & Loovens has not one of those players near him or causing him a specific threat which requires him to leave base camp.

Loved Loovens over the years but he's been sloppy recently. This defending, or lack of, takes the mick a bit.