Forestieri

There were some errors that led to a chance for Boro. There was 1 CRITICAL error that led to Stuani scoring. Wiggins losing him. It's ridiculous to suggest anyone else was more at fault than Wiggins

Writing in capitals doesn't make you any more right you know...

Wiggins shouldnt have even been in play.

But keep in blaming Wiggins because it's fashionable to do so

Edited by McRightSide

There were some errors that led to a chance for Boro. There was 1 CRITICAL error that led to Stuani scoring. Wiggins losing him. It's ridiculous to suggest anyone else was more at fault than Wiggins

I agree with you to some extent but the guy is  just quicker than Wiggins . If the distance to run is less then Wiggins might have a chance but as it was , the guys pace was always going to count. It was Wiggins man who scored but I just don't think he had any chance of stopping him. I am not sure what he could have done to get to the ball first.

I have not watched it again but at the time I thought we had 2 on 2 out wide and they let the winger get away by ball watching and get the cross in. If you let this happen you are in trouble

I agree with you to some extent but the guy is just quicker than Wiggins . If the distance to run is less then Wiggins might have a chance but as it was , the guys pace was always going to count. It was Wiggins man who scored but I just don't think he had any chance of stopping him. I am not sure what he could have done to get to the ball first.

I have not watched it again but at the time I thought we had 2 on 2 out wide and they let the winger get away by ball watching and get the cross in. If you let this happen you are in trouble

Fair points

But that cross is very simple for the centre half to cut out - it goes exactly where he should be stood

Difficult to track Stuani because he came so fast but as its Wiggins man you should say he could have tried to cover a bit better. We could have been closer to the crosser of the ball and Loovens, if defending the front post like he should have been, should have been able to clear the delivery. As a back four it was a poor goal to concede but I'm sure they've analysed it and learned from it.

I agree with you to some extent but the guy is  just quicker than Wiggins . If the distance to run is less then Wiggins might have a chance but as it was , the guys pace was always going to count. It was Wiggins man who scored but I just don't think he had any chance of stopping him. I am not sure what he could have done to get to the ball first.

A good defender doesn't let an attacker get in front of him. Read what he's going to do, block him, whatever you have to do. Just do your job and prevent a certain goal, then have a moan at your fellow defenders for allowing the chance in the first place. Remember it's only a chance until the critical error makes it a goal. I don't see how pace comes into it in such a short distance.

How anyone can say Hutch was the critical error in that lot, is beyond me.

Nope, you don't understand

Critical doesn't mean the touch that scores

Look back and you think you'll find I was the person who first called out critical error on Hutch's part

Watch any good centre half and where they are when the ball comes in from the flank

That's why so many crosses fail

Our centre half panicked, went walk about and in doing so exposed us to a situation that should never ever have occurred in that circumstance

Critical error

A good defender doesn't let an attacker get in front of him. Read what he's going to do, block him, whatever you have to do. Just do your job and prevent a certain goal, then have a moan at your fellow defenders for allowing the chance in the first place. Remember it's only a chance until the critical error makes it a goal. I don't see how pace comes into it in such a short distance.

Here you show where you do not understand

Critical errors do not necessarily = goals

Edited by McRightSide

In a crowded penalty area that is the solution . The full back would have simply pulled, blocked done what ever was necessary  to stop the run. In that amount of open space it would have been a red card and a penalty.

I am not really bothered who is most at fault .The pace of the move caught the whole back 4 out.

I do know that from a full back perspective it is much easier to do your job when the ball is on your side and all you have to do is stick with your man and stop him getting a cross in than it is to negate the kind of run off the ball that Stuani made. Much harder to defend those.

Why are we discussing it? Because we conceded a goal. It can't possibly be a critical error if we simply concede a chance.

Of course it can

Poor back pass out a striker through on goal - keeper saves.

Critical error by the person why played the back pass

In a crowded penalty area that is the solution . The full back would have simply pulled, blocked done what ever was necessary to stop the run. In that amount of open space it would have been a red card and a penalty.

I am not really bothered who is most at fault .The pace of the move caught the whole back 4 out.

I do know that from a full back perspective it is much easier to do your job when the ball is on your side and all you have to do is stick with your man and stop him getting a cross in than it is to negate the kind of run off the ball that Stuani made. Much harder to defend those.

Agreed

Of course it can

Poor back pass out a striker through on goal - keeper saves.

Critical error by the person why played the back pass

Agreed

It's an error. It's only a critical error if he slots it in the bottom corner and it costs us the game.

We're not sat here debating critical errors that led to missed chances for Boro.

There's errors all the time in every game of football. There were errors from a number of our players for that goal. Only 1 of them directly led to the goal. Wiggins allowing his man to get infront of him.

It's an error. It's only a critical error if he slots it in the bottom corner and it costs us the game.

We're not sat here debating critical errors that led to missed chances for Boro.

There's errors all the time in every game of football. There were errors from a number of our players for that goal. Only 1 of them directly led to the goal. Wiggins allowing his man to get infront of him.

It's my phrase

I can define it however I like.

I consider it like a red card for preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity

Doesn't mean a goal is scored