Forestieri

Fernando Forestieri has been crowned as the club’s Player of the Month for December.

The 25-year-old has won the swfc.co.uk award with an impressive 84% of the vote. 

The Owls ace hit five goals from six appearances in the final month of 2015. 

After scoring at The Cardiff City Stadium to kick-start the Owls’ comeback in the 2-2 draw with Cardiff, Forestier went on to light up Hillsborough at Christmas, scoring four goals in two games. 

forestieri-ia138-2815853.jpg

Wednesday fell a goal behind to Wolves on home soil but a quickfire double from Forestieri turned the game on its head and the Owls went on to claim three points with a 4-1 win. 

More was to come from the in-form forward and he registered another brace on Boxing Day as the Owls brushed aside Birmingham 3-0 in S6. 

Forestieri has moved on to ten goals for the Owls in just 18 appearances. 

Well done, Fernando! 

Our best signing for years. I'm not sure CC should have shared the information that FF suggested he best rested for our last match, but I appreciate the player's honesty. The stats show the workrate he sees as his norm. Hopefully back for 90 mins tomorrow as we negotiate a banana skin fixture.

I'd love to know the thought process on those 16% who voted for others, was there anyone in contention this month

Bannan and hutch have contributed just as much. They simply get overlooked because of goals scored!!

I'd love to know the thought process on those 16% who voted for others, was there anyone in contention this month

Bannan and hutch have contributed just as much. They simply get overlooked because of goals scored!!

His was the critical error.

All the others were very minor

No mans land certainly. Should be defending level with front post.

But Sougou and Palmer jogging...... when they should have been busting a gut.

Wiggins slow reaction,,,,,

As for Loovens ....as much no mans land as Hutch. In fact, I still don't know what he was doing.

Hutch was clearly caught in two minds and got it wrong. ...Loove...?

Front post though i get..

Anyway!! Enough of this. I'll have to agree to disagree with the blame portion on that goal.

Especially as I am considered a bit a of a clapper, let me get back to the positive.

FF, Hutch and Bannan have been superb.

Truth is goal scorers always grab the headlines.

Well done FF

Edited by Lord Snooty

No mans land certainly. Should be defending level with front post.

But Sougou and Palmer jogging...... when they should have been busting a gut.

Wiggins slow reaction,,,,,

As for Loovens ....as much no mans land as Hutch. In fact, I still don't know what he was doing.

Hutch was clearly caught in two minds and got it wrong. ...Loove...?

Front post though i get..

Anyway!! Enough of this. I'll have to agree to disagree with the blame portion on that goal.

Especially as I am considered a bit a of a clapper, let me get back to the positive.

FF, Hutch and Bannan have been superb.

Truth is goal scorers always grab the headlines.

Well done FF

Loovens was in a near perfect position, Hutch just went walkies

The ball will always come into the box.

But yes - good call on the rest of the post.

Eh?!

The ball with either be flashed across the 6-yard box: Hutch cuts it out

Or

Cut back in the direction of the 18-yard line: Loovens cuts it out

Or

Stood up to the far post: Wiggins cuts it out

You could argue when Hutch went wandering Loovens should have moved closer to the goal, but he leaves a huge gap behind him.

Hutch - unfortunately- snookered us.