Security Measures Revised

Still cant see how a flask carried openly into the ground is a security risk 

A revenue risk which is driving this i suspect maybe but security do me a favour

Are you kidding flasks are very dangerous, hot liquid could splash onto anyone.

Still cant see how a flask carried openly into the ground is a security risk 

A revenue risk which is driving this i suspect maybe but security do me a favour

Neither can I.   Or a Tupperware box. Of course, both can conceal a dangerous item, but so can a shoe, a packet of cigarettes or a sock.   I know someone who goes with one of those multi pocketed fishing quilted waistcoats on under his coat, he could have guns, knives, and flares there and a pat down would probably not reveal them.  

It's like when they banned flags unless thay had fire retardant certificates but allowed matches and lighters.

A 70 year old person (for example) who is on the database is stopped from having a cup of their own tea at an English second division football ground ?  We shouldn't allow terrorists to dictate our lives like this.

Neither can I.   Or a Tupperware box. Of course, both can conceal a dangerous item, but so can a shoe, a packet of cigarettes or a sock.   I know someone who goes with one of those multi pocketed fishing quilted waistcoats on under his coat, he could have guns, knives, and flares there and a pat down would probably not reveal them.  

It's like when they banned flags unless thay had fire retardant certificates but allowed matches and lighters.

A 70 year old person (for example) who is on the database is stopped from having a cup of their own tea at an English second division football ground ?  We shouldn't allow terrorists to dictate our lives like this.

That sentence alone is worth so much more than +1.

I can see the rationale behind the flask ban. Project Babylon was a real threat back in the 90's, even Forgemasters were in on it.

All you would need are half a dozen people on the North to get their flasks together to fashion a gun barrel. If Doug on row 36 can smuggle in 30 packets of Bryant and May matches with the heads cut off then they have a propellant. Who knows what they will use as a projectile, maybe a stale pie that was left at the back of the oven from the previous match, it would be hard as a bullet.

Surely the real reason is an attempt to generate extra revenue?

This, without any doubt. Nailed on. Defo. The club are hiding behind the threat of international terrorism in a sly attempt to sell 250 more sausage rolls, and an extra carton of Yorkshire Tea.

FFS.

Can't see enough people bringing flasks and 'tupperware' to make a stadium wide ban on them a ploy to generate extra revenue.....

...and don't call me Shirley.

Why are you called Sheila or summat?

Can't see enough people bringing flasks and 'tupperware' to make a stadium wide ban on them a ploy to generate extra revenue..

If these items were a genuine security risk,there would be a blanket baby at all sporting stadiums.

Like paying 16 year old, to run the catering, using the scoreboard for the beam back, it's penny pinching from the club.

Not worth annoying supporters, for the money it saves, surely.

If these items were a genuine security risk,there would be a blanket baby at all sporting stadiums.

Like paying 16 year old, to run the catering, using the scoreboard for the beam back, it's penny pinching from the club.

Not worth annoying supporters, for the money it saves, surely.

To clarify then, up you are of the opinion that the club have sat down, and decided to enforce the security restrictions, as a way to save money? If you actually think that, then you are a tad puddled.

As for the 16 year olds, it could be that they the only ones that will work for that wage, on a weekend.

As for beam back, at least they are making an effort.

You do realise that Kaven Walker left a few years ago don't you?

To clarify then, up you are of the opinion that the club have sat down, and decided to enforce the security restrictions, as a way to save money? If you actually think that, then you are a tad puddled.

As for the 16 year olds, it could be that they the only ones that will work for that wage, on a weekend.

Depends. All Championship clubs got the same security advice from the Football League, and all South Yorks clubs would have got the same security advice from South Yorkshire Police.

Why are we the only ones banning flasks and tupperware?

http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/article/extra-security-measures-in-place-at-the-kc-2821452.aspx

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/increased-police-presence-ahead-of-barnsley-and-sheffield-united-match-1-7596542

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/extra_security_measures_for_city_v_gillingham_874818/index.shtml

These just the ones I can find with a quick google.

So, question remains, why are we the only club banning flasks and tupperware?

Rather than insult me discuss the issue.

Again if flasks, food containers were a genuine risk they would be banned at all sporting events.

Cinema ban customers from bringing their own food in, to protect revenue.

Swfc should be honest and not use the security excuse.