Security Measures Revised

Rather than insult me discuss the issue.

Again if flasks, food containers were a genuine risk they would be banned at all sporting events.

Cinema ban customers from bringing their own food in, to protect revenue.

Swfc should be honest and not use the security excuse.

Honest?

So you actually think that the club are interpreting and manipulating the guidance in such a way that would enable them to sell more Bovril, on the sly?

Really?

You should ring the Daily Mail, as they would lap this story up.

Honest?

So you actually think that the club are interpreting and manipulating the guidance in such a way that would enable them to sell more Bovril, on the sly?

Really?

If we have the same guidance as other clubs, why are we the only ones banning flasks and tupperware?

If we have the same guidance as other clubs, why are we the only ones banning flasks and tupperware?

No idea. Maybe we are just being ultra cautious. Maybe those thinking the club are doing this for other reasons should call the press. It would be a huge story.

Honest?

Really?

Honest?

Really?

Businesses that sell foods & drinks: cinemas, entertainment parks, indoor play places, restaurants, cafes all try & discourage customers bringing their own in.

How can you not have observed/experienced this? Do you think all these businesses are 'puddled'.

Businesses that sell foods & drinks: cinemas, entertainment parks, indoor play places, restaurants, cafes all try & discourage customers bringing their own in.

How can you not have observed/experienced this? Do you think all these businesses are 'puddled'.

I take my kids to a play centre. They don't allow me to take in my own food and drink. It's a 'con', but it's their right, and my choice whether I go back. As far as I'm aware, they arn't using international terrorism as the excuse.

In effect, that's what you are saying.

If Wednesday were trying to boost food and drink sales they would have a ban on bringing food and drink into the ground.

As it is, today I'll be able to bring in a beres sandwich should I wish....or a tray of chips...whatever. I'll also be able to get a bottle of pop from outside and bring it in.

DC does not make a lot from food sales. And that money does not matter to him. It's pocket change. He's said so himself.

There's a specific reason for us to choose to ban flasks...but it's definitely not to sell an extra £50-£100 worth of hot beverages. Because that's probably the sort of money we're talking about.

I take my kids to a play centre. They don't allow me to take in my own food and drink. It's a 'con', but it's their right, and my choice whether I go back. As far as I'm aware, they arn't using international terrorism as the excuse.

In effect, that's what you are saying.

So why are Wednesday the only club doing it ?

Its a genuine question and ultra cautious doesn't cut it 

Personally i i think they have seen an opportunity to implement a policy that they wanted to bring in and this way they dont get the flak

As you say as an entertainment venue that is their right but a little honesty would be good

So why are Wednesday the only club doing it ?

Its a genuine question and ultra cautious doesn't cut it 

Personally i i think they have seen an opportunity to implement a policy that they wanted to bring in and this way they dont get the flak

As you say as an entertainment venue that is their right but a little honesty would be good

That's a very cynical view, and the club wouldn't take the risk in my opinion. Some people on here are still stuck in the Walker/Allen era, where such a a strategy could well have been adopted.

Without labouring the point, the club haven't decided to ban food and drink to make more money. They may have taken the advise to the extreme, and the current rules may be relaxed if things calm down. What we don't know is what other security measures have been brought in, and at what cost.

If Wednesday were trying to boost food and drink sales they would have a ban on bringing food and drink into the ground.

As it is, today I'll be able to bring in a beres sandwich should I wish....or a tray of chips...whatever. I'll also be able to get a bottle of pop from outside and bring it in.

DC does not make a lot from food sales. And that money does not matter to him. It's pocket change. He's said so himself.

There's a specific reason for us to choose to ban flasks...but it's definitely not to sell an extra £50-£100 worth of hot beverages. Because that's probably the sort of money we're talking about.

The catering company that employ very inexperienced & inefficient 16 year olds, do this to not have to pay the minimum wage. It doesn't save millions, but they do it.

Again the crucial ? is being ignored, our other local clubs haven't chosen to do this, or many others nationally.

Ps, the club will still make some poor decisions, despite this fans group, being in place.

The catering company that employ very inexperienced & inefficient 16 year olds, do this to not have to pay the minimum wage. It doesn't save millions, but they do it.

Again the crucial ? is being ignored, our other local clubs haven't chosen to do this, or many others nationally.

Ps, the club will still make some poor decisions, despite this fans group, being in place.

Who else other than the age bracket of 16-18 year olds are going to work every other Saturday for a couple of hours? Though yes, the company also saves a lot of money this way. But this isn't the discussion we're having. It's no new thing that football clubs their food contractor higher cheap young labour for a few hours at a time...

Other clubs haven't banned flasks as far as I'm aware. But flasks being banned aren't a new thing either. Flasks were banned from Wimbledon last year due to the Boston bombings. 

The likelihood that Hillsborough is the subject of a terrorist attack is probably in the million to one bracket. But the club has deemed it necessary. This might be a permanent rule...it might be temporary.

I genuinely can't see a situation where a meeting took place to decide to ban flasks in order to boost hot drinks sales. The club makes roger all from food and beverage sales. How many people bring flasks to games? I can't see it being that many in order for it to be even nearly worth the time and effort it's taken to impose this rule. It's absolutely barmy to think otherwise!

Who else other than the age bracket of 16-18 year olds are going to work every other Saturday for a couple of hours? Though yes, the company also saves a lot of money this way. But this isn't the discussion we're having. It's no new thing that football clubs their food contractor higher cheap young labour for a few hours at a time...

Other clubs haven't banned flasks as far as I'm aware. But flasks being banned aren't a new thing either. Flasks were banned from Wimbledon last year due to the Boston bombings. 

The likelihood that Hillsborough is the subject of a terrorist attack is probably in the million to one bracket. But the club has deemed it necessary. This might be a permanent rule...it might be temporary.

I genuinely can't see a situation where a meeting took place to decide to ban flasks in order to boost hot drinks sales. The club makes roger all from food and beverage sales. How many people bring flasks to games? I can't see it being that many in order for it to be even nearly worth the time and effort it's taken to impose this rule. It's absolutely barmy to think otherwise!

The odds of a terrorist attack at Hillsborough is much much more than a million to one!   This isn't a massive issue but it irks me. You can take a flask/plastic box to meadowhall, on a train, to an office in a London skyscraper, into Harrods, on the underground, why is Hillsborough deemed more of a risk than those places???  The club has deemed it necessary?  For what reason?

I repeat, denying a 70 year old person who is identifiable on the database a cup of their own tea at an English second division ground is risible and giving in to terrorists who wish to destroy our way of life.

You say there is a specific reason for us to choose to ban flasks.

Can you tell me what it is?

You say there is a specific reason for us to choose to ban flasks.

Can you tell me what it is?

I can't.

I can say with confidence that the reason isn't to make more money out of the few hundred fans who bring flasks. The club makes next to no money on food and beverage sales, the figures won't change much just because old Bert and Betty in the South Stand have bought a cup of tea instead of bringing their own.

I'm not arguing whether or not the club has gone over the top or not with these safety measures, I haven't got the information that SYP gave the club before the new measures were put into place. All I'm arguing is that these are safety measures, rather than a ploy for the club to sell more hot drinks.

I checked the security statement again before leaving home so as not to fall foul of them 

No Flask - check 

No bags large or small - check

No tupperware - check 

Well thats that then we're fully compliant 

I know ill buy a soft drink from the shop for my lad and some water for me 

We have a sip the hundred yards between the shop and the turnstile 

ST at the ready ............................

".sorry son not coming in with that bottle its open only sealed bottles" 

" I checked the website it doesn't say anything like that on there" 

" It does it was announced on social media tha not coming in unless you bin them"

Checked again absolutely no mention of bottles in the announcement 

The club at times is run by fuuckwits

I checked the security statement again before leaving home so as not to fall foul of them 

No Flask - check 

No tupperware - check 

" It does it was announced on social media tha not coming in unless you bin them"

I went in with my open tray of chips and curry sauce, my brother with a bottle of pop in his hand.

Stewards didn't bat an eyelid. In fact, I have the same steward every week joking with me to share my chips...

Also, you are allowed bags. Large bags, rucksacks and holdalls are advised to be left at home however, though still allowed in at this point.

Problem is, we have some fuckwits as fans. Wgynpeopl

No Flask - check 

No tupperware - check 

Does it really matter. This club, and the team, are the best we've had for over 20 years, and people are moaning about the inability to take a 99p bottle of Pepsi Max into the ground. If it's such an issue, people should **** off to the 'House of Steel' and get some Nachos down their neck at half time.

Get a flipping grip.