Clueless Carlos & the Foreign Legion

The problem is not really clueless Carlos, it's deluded Dejphon. He must be deluded if he thinks that a team without at least one 20-goal-a-season striker can flourish in this league. No matter who the manager is, without the firepower you'll struggle in the Championship. It's not for nothing that Bristol were prepared to pay all that money for a goal scorer. The formula is: no striker - relegation battle, one striker - mid table, two strikers - playoffs/promotion. Until Wednesday have got 40+ goals up front, then forget promotion.

I thought this a very balanced response from Bluesteel.

We all hope that we are on the cusp of getting things right.

But I worried in Pre-season when CC said these matches do not matter at the same time as we were being taken apart by Scunthorpe.

Now it is all about "judge me at Christmas."

Well I will be judging him after the Fulham game and if it is 6 points from 8 games that will really set the alarm bells ringing.

It depends what our expectations are, or more importantly, DC's. The level of investment, bearing in mind we've practically brought in a complete new squad, is really only one that would probably justify a mid table placing. We aren't far off that, and once the new players get used to each other, I think we can at least match last seasons finish.

Last season after 8 games we had accumulated 15 points - a very good start.

Clearly after 8 games on Saturday we will have 9, 7 or 6 points.

In the Championship in most seasons 46 points from 46 games will see you relegated.

Going back to the Foreign Legion I worry that like Villas-Boas he is all style and no substance.

I really do not feel confident that Clueless Carlos can get us that much-needed victory on Saturday.

To be fair, he can hardly be clueless as those 14 clubs have paid him very well to coach them.

no doubt he can talk a good game...

he's interviewed well early on, and has his 'footballing dossier' to fall back on...

the 14 jobs says he can land the 'job', the 13 boot marks on the arse of his trousers say's he can't deliver when in it...

In the Championship in most seasons 46 points from 46 games will see you relegated.

Going back to the Foreign Legion I worry that like Villas-Boas he is all style and no substance.

I really do not feel confident that Clueless Carlos can get us that much-needed victory on Saturday.

Firstly, the quality of the league has significantly improved since last year. Also, our start to the season, was as good as it got, we were never to reach those levels again. With so many new faces, this is going to take a bit of time, but I'm confident we can match last seasons finish Edited by gurujuan

Firstly, the quality of the league has significantly improved since last year. Also, our start to the season, was as good as it got, we were never to reach those levels again. With so many new faces, this is going to take a bit of time, but I'm confident we can match last seasons finish

sign a proven striker YES 

With our current strikeforce NO CHANCE 

Jeez we have some odd fans! Weve assembled a new team, new board,

new coaches over the Summer. weve

shown albeit in small patches that the

side has some potential. We are seven league games in, its going to

take time to gel. I think weve now

worked out our best back four, and

Hutch Kiren lee and Bannan have been

very good. We know we have a

promble up front, but its just a case of

getting the right balance

There was no problem with the back four last year and Lee and Hutch were here last year as well. Bannon is the sort of upgrade Gray would have liked, I believe.

It's Carlos and the light weight s I could do without.

There was no problem with the back four last year and Lee and Hutch were here last year as well. Bannon is the sort of upgrade Gray would have liked, I believe.

It's Carlos and the light weight s I could do without.

The back four were saved many times last season by a keeper in outstanding form. Without some of his superb saves there would not have been so many clean sheets. That keeper has been missing this season and it shows.

Great idea S36

Lets go back to players catching the bus to the game with fans whilst smoking woodbines

Fish and chips for a post match dinner

heavy leather boots

and a couple of pints of beer before the game to calm the players nerves.

The reality however is

we have never been in better shape , just need to gel and we will be flying

Stop being negative to your own club,

Or are you really a Blunt ?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Haven't read through the whole bed but very harsh IMO.  I have just watched the full game on Player and we absolutely domianted that game for 70/75 mins which away from home is superb. Bannan, Lee superb and Turner and Lees were solid at the back.  Hunt was fantastic first half and then got skinned in the second.  Forestieri is a real player but was wasteful at times and Matias, had a stinker in front of goal but was nowhere near as bad as people made out in the matchday thread the other day.  Get a grip people....we will do OK this season.

True mate but from the next 14 matches we took only 19pts from a possible 42 which gave us 33pts..lets just see where we are after a decent length of time not just after a few matches...were a team in the making and when we gel them lets get this forum full of positive threads instead of drivel Edited by batemoor owls