Clueless Carlos & the Foreign Legion

This division is one of the hardest to get out of ,We are paying premiership ticket prices ,I agree i think he is Clueless .If anyone thinks this bloke who has had 14 jobs can get us to the premier ,Could you please explain how and why?

To be fair, he can hardly be clueless as those 14 clubs have paid him very well to coach them.

It is fair to say that a number of foreign managers have been outstandingly successful in Englsh football.

But for every one of the following:

Arsene Wenger

Jose Mourinho

Carlo Ancellotti

There has been a:

Jo Venglos

Andre Vilas-Boas

Felix Magath

Unfortunately Clueless Carlos who had drifted arouind a host of clubs in Europe for short stays seems to be very much in the latter category.

Is that the same Andre Villas-Boas who took Spurs to the record points total in a PL season?

Guest Distraught!

tbf i think you would be hard pressed to find a single gruntbag who is jealous of us havin cc in charge

Or any other Championship chairman for that matter.

It is fair to say that a number of English managers have been outstandingly successful in Englsh football.

But for every one of the following:

Brian Clough

Bob Paisley

Alf Ramsey

There has been a:

Tony Adams

Paul Ince

Les Reed

What do you notice about those first 3?

In order to be successful, we need to appoint from beyond the grave?

We are in a worse position with less points that at this time last season , but this year we have had the investment ( albeit not on the priority signing we needed ) ,where as last year we scrapped the bottom of the barrel for players. 

This experiment with CC and "The Committee "   just isnt working in my view , nor will it ever work. 

We need to go back to the drawing board , go back to the British style team manager and go for either Big Sam or the Skipper , both of whom have proven track records of getting promotion from the championship. 

I think the football being played so far is superior to what we managed last season. Never been as bored going to Hillsborough. It's not CC's fault players are missing chances.

Take it you didnt go to the Reading game the other week then. 

That was on par, if not worse than anything of the dross we witnessed at Hillsbro last season. 

Jeez we have some odd fans! Weve assembled a new team, new board, new coaches over the Summer. weve shown albeit in small patches that the side has some potential. We are seven league games in, its going to take time to gel. I think weve now worked out our best back four, and Hutch Kiren lee and Bannan have been very good. We know we have a promble up front, but its just a case of getting the right balance

Guest rubydubydoo

Great idea S36

Lets go back to players catching the bus to the game with fans whilst smoking woodbines

Fish and chips for a post match dinner

heavy leather boots

and a couple of pints of beer before the game to calm the players nerves.

The reality however is

we have never been in better shape , just need to gel and we will be flying

Stop being negative to your own club,

Or are you really a Blunt ?

We are in a worse position with less points that at this time last season , but this year we have had the investment ( albeit not on the priority signing we needed ) ,where as last year we scrapped the bottom of the barrel for players. 

This experiment with CC and "The Committee "   just isnt working in my view , nor will it ever work. 

We need to go back to the drawing board , go back to the British style team manager and go for either Big Sam or the Skipper , both of whom have proven track records of getting promotion from the championship.

We had a good start last year, and by and large Gray did a sound job. Yes perhaps he didn't have the quality at his disposal, but neither did he have to amalgamate 15 new players into his squad. That is bound to take time, so I'm not so concerned about our league position, in a league that's improving all the time.

It's such a gamble really as you wouldn't have expected Gray to do so well. Managers who have done well elsewhere fail at other clubs, seems like a roll of the dice to me.

Jury still out on CC and a couple of wins would get people on side, but when we got rid of Gray and embarked on a new overhaul did think there was a risk of undermining some of the good work done previously.

Hopefully we're on the cusp of getting things right

I thought this a very balanced response from Bluesteel.

We all hope that we are on the cusp of getting things right.

But I worried in Pre-season when CC said these matches do not matter at the same time as we were being taken apart by Scunthorpe.

Now it is all about "judge me at Christmas."

Well I will be judging him after the Fulham game and if it is 6 points from 8 games that will really set the alarm bells ringing.