Pearson

Sorry. Correct answer is

Finished 14th with Pearson in charge.

Now 2nd with foreign coach in charge.

Yet, and despite recent history in Chamionship, some bang on about the need for an english manager.

So yes, we agree....

They did win the Championship and consolidate in the Premiership?

Sorry. Correct answer is

Finished 14th with Pearson in charge.

Now 2nd with foreign coach in charge.

Yet, and despite recent history in Chamionship, some bang on about the need for an english manager.

I don't understand your logic. Are you saying that Pearson was a failure or something last season?

Guest totemowl

So yes, we agree....

They did win the Championship and consolidate in the Premiership?

They were very close to going straight back down. So under him, hardly.

Does that make Pearson a bad manager? No.

But in 7 championship seasons he had 1 promotion. So perhaps he's not the magician some people believe.

I'm part of the "give the current guy a chance" brigade...and there are some harsh comments Bruce

But I'd have Pearson in a heart beat....in fact, I'd pay for CCs ticket back to Portugal (with Ryanair queue jumper and everything)

When Pearson became available just before the announcement of CC I really thought we should go for him. The living in the City is nonsense - it never stopped Warnock and he was hated by half the city and some pigs. Wilkinson, Francis etc all lived in the city; most of the team Pearson played with in the glory years lived in the City.

One thing I suspect may have or will influenced the approach is Roeder, and i'm sure Mr C would have spoken to MM about Pearson. Would be interested to know what his view is.