The reason Hooper didn't sign...

Guest Deleted member

32 grand a week and he is out of pocket ? are you trolling?

Well if hes paid £40k for a box he isnt going to use - of course hes out of pocket.

Forget Rhodes and McCormack. They were never realistic without parachute or PL money. Vydra and Hooper were different. Reading are getting fleeced good and proper for Vydra, and I couldn't have stomached that deal either. As for Hooper, who knows? But our deal for Hooper was a loan, as I understand it, so we can always go back in next week. I still think we'll get that striker even if we don't get Hooper. Frankly, we can't afford not to.

I call fact

Not bullshit

You're a striker, being paid £32k a week. You're playing for a Premiership club, but they've made it clear they want you out on loan as you're not getting a game this season.

You've bought and paid for a box for the season for family and friends to watch you play in the Premiership. You've been told a deals been agreed with Wednesday, you're happy enough to go and play there - the money is the same.

Norwich refuse to refund your box. Wednesday refuse to provide a box for your family and friends to prevent you being out of pocket, even though you've explained the situation to them, and said as long as you get a box for your family and friends so you arent out of pocket, you're happy.

Wednesday have agreed to pay your wages in full (to Norwich) for the loan period, and agreed to pay a loan fee (to Norwich) as well. You're getting nothing out of the deal (other than the inconvenience of spending 8 months living away from your home and the chance to play in a division you've just played your heart out to get out of....

Whats so hard to understand? Why should he be out of pocket?

If it was true, and I don't believe it for a minute, I'd have expected Wednesday to give him one....I mean what's 32k more on a multimillion pound deal. It's not like the boxes are in demand.

32 grand a week and he is out of pocket ? are you trolling?

I'll assume that your birthday is '99, so you haven't had a proper full-time job. (Sorry if I'm wrong on that assumption!)

Say your parents earn £500 a week.

How would they feel if they were told that they had work at a job a few miles further up the road from where they work now. They'll get no more money than what they currently earn. On top of that, they have to pay an extra £900 or so (about two week's wages) for something that they already have at their current work and would like to have at their new place of work. They also have a choice whether to stay where they currently are, or move. They're doing exactly the same thing at both jobs- the only difference is that the new place they could work has more in the way of casual Friday's (Game time) and they can leave two hours earlier (Again, game time).

Would they go for it? 

Probably not, and you wouldn't blame them either. Unusual analogy, but you can see in the above scenario why they probably wouldn't bother going to the new place because the costs outweigh the benefits. Yeah sure, Hooper's fecking loaded- but it's still a cost of almost two week's wages to get something he already has and would like... and no-one can blame you for not wanting to blow two week's wages on something you've already got.

Add on the fact that he probably thought, with a few days of the transfer window left, he might end up somewhere else (As he nearly did), you can't blame him. You can dislike him for it, I'm infuriated about it, but you can't necessarily BLAME him for it

If thats the case which i cannot see is true, then i am glad we did not sign him . 

We are talking about a weeks wages for a box to him . 

Enjoy your box at Carrow rd .

Would you be happy to throw a week's wages at something for no real marginal benefit?

EDIT: "no real marginal benefit"

For sake of fairness I'm leaving that in, but that has to be the dumbest sentence fragment I've written in a long long time. Nonsensical.

Edited by StudentOwl

Engage your brain.

Refer to Bruce's post above.

Transfers are complex business. Fees agreed, maybe even 7 figure ones. Wages agreed, a percentage on our part (100%?) agreed to pay to the tune of tens of thousands a week. Then at the last minute Hooper says "Oh can I have a free box? No? Sod it then".

It's absolute drivel and a direct contradiction of stuff Nixon himself has previously said. So if Nixon has been right about almost everything to do with us this summer, he's 50% wrong on one of his two statements about a deal for Hooper. Which is it?

I agree it sounds like a load of rounduns.

You said how do people take him seriously. I do take him seriously because he has broken a number of transfers throughout the summer- Wednesday related and for other clubs too.

He's on the money most of the time and has been the most reliable source throughout the window. (Apart from Saxondale of course lol)

I call fact

Not bullshit

You're a striker, being paid £32k a week. You're playing for a Premiership club, but they've made it clear they want you out on loan as you're not getting a game this season.

You've bought and paid for a box for the season for family and friends to watch you play in the Premiership. You've been told a deals been agreed with Wednesday, you're happy enough to go and play there - the money is the same.

Norwich refuse to refund your box. Wednesday refuse to provide a box for your family and friends to prevent you being out of pocket, even though you've explained the situation to them, and said as long as you get a box for your family and friends so you arent out of pocket, you're happy.

Wednesday have agreed to pay your wages in full (to Norwich) for the loan period, and agreed to pay a loan fee (to Norwich) as well. You're getting nothing out of the deal (other than the inconvenience of spending 8 months living away from your home and the chance to play in a division you've just played your heart out to get out of....

Whats so hard to understand? Why should he be out of pocket?

It's not a big amount of money though so it seems farcical that one of the parties wanted to stump up.

Surely if he really wanted regular football that would come first. What if we didn't have any free boxes left? We probably do with the cost of them but it all seems so pedantic. He's minted

If the deal was basically done and then he casually said can I have one of your many empty boxes and someone said no way mate unless you cough up. He could have thought sod this.

It may make him a bit cheeky but jesus christ look where we are now over a chuffing empty box.

An empty box with a bomb site outside of it.

I agree it sounds like a load of rounduns.

You said how do people take him seriously. I do take him seriously because he has broken a number of transfers throughout the summer- Wednesday related and for other clubs too.

He's on the money most of the time and has been the most reliable source throughout the window. (Apart from Saxondale of course lol)

Nixon knows who is interested in who, but I think he adds tabloid gossip into the detail where there are big gaps