The Official Football Heaven 2015-2016 Thread

A deserted Kop in 1973 i thnk thats what the pig fan was talking about lets full it now....

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/190406-a-deserted-kop-in-1973/

They cling on to our attendances from something like 42 years ago?!   Now that is OBSESSED!

Wonder if they remember how many were there when they were humiliated on Boxing Day, 6 years later?!    :tango:

No ....they finished 14 in 1973....and 13th in 74

They did finish 5th in 1962...and 6th in 1975.

Thanks for reminding me...didn't they produce a special shirt for finishing that high in the division you could get either a Currie or Woodward one  :laugh: :laugh:

A deserted Kop in 1973 i thnk thats what the pig fan was talking about lets full it now....

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/190406-a-deserted-kop-in-1973/

Just read that thread again. Happy Times!!!  gary megson

Our attendances through the 70s were terrible.........theirs through the 80s were worse      :stuwinky:

From other thread above... that season 73-74 we averaged 14,645 and were the 7th best supported in the 2nd division ,sunderland were the best with 24,409 .

You had to follow them in the 70's to understand how bad the crowds were..and WHY... how bad the crowds were....

United...they had a decent team to be fair..but there were always more Owls fans on the Shoreham for derbies than there were Blades fans..thats a fact..whether it be County cup or whatever...and as the 70's drew to an end..Owls on the up..Blades dipping..Have a look at the attendances..its all there.

I have honestly stood on Uniteds Kop without a Blade in sight...County cup I think...when Joicey lobbed Hope to give us a win..3/2 I think...

Its an argument that always sways this way and that, but look at the statistics...Wednesday have always had the best support..anmd continue to do so...

Thats not decrying Uniteds support..they had great crowds last year in the third tier..credit to them, but we had better in the same position/...thats simply a fact................

You had to follow them in the 70's to understand how bad the crowds were..and WHY... how bad the crowds were....

United...they had a decent team to be fair..but there were always more Owls fans on the Shoreham for derbies than there were Blades fans..thats a fact..whether it be County cup or whatever...and as the 70's drew to an end..Owls on the up..Blades dipping..Have a look at the attendances..its all there.

I have honestly stood on Uniteds Kop without a Blade in sight...County cup I think...when Joicey lobbed Hope to give us a win..3/2 I think...

Its an argument that always sways this way and that, but look at the statistics...Wednesday have always had the best support..anmd continue to do so...

Thats not decrying Uniteds support..they had great crowds last year in the third tier..credit to them, but we had better in the same position/...thats simply a fact................

prob all true andy  but tbh  crowd size banter is boring   

we are older, bigger and  better .........end of  ............and what is best is you know they know it too  :manager: