The Official Football Heaven 2015-2016 Thread

Can someone explain what "welcome Carlos, to 1973" means?

I think some United fans have a chip on their shoulder about Hillsborough being a "rust bucket" or whatever.

What with the ultra modern flagship of European football Bramall Lane and the glorious surroundings of Sharrowvale, you can see where they're coming from.

I think some United fans have a chip on their shoulder about Hillsborough being a "rust bucket" or whatever.

What with the ultra modern flagship of European football Bramall Lane and the glorious surroundings of Sharrowvale, you can see where they're coming from.

Let's hope we never try to get a World Cup in England, it could be embarrassing when their far superior ground is chosen over ours.......oh wait

Oh I see. Probably because Bramall Lane got picked as a World Cup venue for England's World Cup bid.......oh wait!

Out of it all though, my favourite quote was lee Johnson saying "sometimes you cheat to win"

I bet he's looking in a mirror right now shaking his head saying "lee, u flippin idiot"

Edited by poite

I actually didn't mind not being able to understand Carlos...I mean Ive gone 20 years understanding what English managers have said...then finding it to be a load of b.llx...

So maybe this time ...he could be right in..whatever it was he said...

We also have a chairman who speaks a different language...but then again..We always have had..."Europe in 5 years"?.."premiership return ticket"...They were said in English...but were total f.ookin' fabrication....

Maybe its time to smile an' nod..

I actually didn't mind not being able to understand Carlos...I mean Ive gone 20 years understanding what English managers have said...then finding it to be a load of b.llx...

So maybe this time ...he could be right in..whatever it was he said...

We also have a chairman who speaks a different language...but then again..We always have had..."Europe in 5 years"?.."premiership return ticket"...They were said in English...but were total f.ookin' fabrication....

Maybe its time to smile an' nod..

I agree, I've noticed Mourinho occasionally will go into jibberish mode when answering a difficult question.