Scunthorpe United vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Yes you are right, Semedo was very poor.

I liked the look of Lopez but think it could take a while for him to get the hang of playing over here, Matias didn't do that much either, didn't really see him beat a man, lost possession far too often.

I have been to one friendly, away at York, and that was enough to deter me from attending any others. I wont be at Hillsborough on Saturday either. I know what I witnessed at York, which was an absolute disgrace, and have only read the opinion of people who presumably were at Glanford Park tonight, when it sounds just as bad as the York game.

His record speaks for itself, and I'm sure if you were picking the man to take over from Stuart Gray, if you saw CC's CV, you'd put it in the "no thanks" tray.

It's a bit like that (for example) twenty five year old player, who appears to have a bit of quality about him, but has already been at nine clubs. This coach has been at fourteen clubs in fourteen years, and that suggests that he's not had a deal of success, and is moved on fairly sharpish.

He'll get my support where it's needed, at matches, as has every other manager, and player regardless of my opinion of them, but on here, I'll express my concerns and reservations.

Deep down most of us probably agree with you but we need to try some thing different. The last 20 years, let's be honest, has been poo . It could get worse but at least we are giving it a go - what we have been doing over that timeline hasn't really worked.

There is a bit more money to spend but not much by the looks of things, so a new approach is needed. Friendlies aren't really a measure of success.

CC wouldn't have been my choice and it's not unlikely he could be gone by November. But I will support him until it looks like it's gone beyond the point of no return.

We have better players this season than last and probably 2/3 off a decent team. Whether CC can get the best out of them, I'm not sure but someone, somehow will.

Semedo was equally as bad as Helan. Hutchinson played the role ten times better when he came on.

Hutchison is a decent footballer, injuries and red mist apart. Semedo and Helan, not the same league. I expect Melo and Hutch to fight for the holding/defensive midfield slot and a new LB to come in. Semedo and Helan to be squad players

We beat BC say 3-1, in a 6 out of 10 performance.

OT will be singing the praises from the rooftops.

Perspective is what is needed.

Tonight means nothing, same if we had won. NOTHING

Yes you are right, but there was still a bit of cause for concern. Especially with the full backs. But I'm sure with our strongest 11 against Bristol and hopefully a new left back we will be good to go.

As much as we was poor I did think Scunthorpe looked quite a decent side.

A mate of mine knows the ex Lincoln manager, Simpson I think his name is and he reckons Scunthorpe will be surprise team next season and worth having a bet on to go up at odds of 33/1.

Paddy Madden is a very good striker at that level and if they keep him fit I think he could be right.

Guest domSWFC

Just seen the goals, and I don't think that it was just the players being cautious in regards to picking up injuries. Their last two goals, in a competitive game, Looven's would have smashed that ball for 6, but he pulled away from the on rushing striker. And the other, poor pass from Helan, but no way would Semedo let someone skip past him with such ease in a league game. He'd have clattered him if he couldn't get the ball off him. 

Sorry about the lack of updates. Phone died. Then had to divert to M62 to get home as M18 was shut.

Bad night all around.

We went back around roundabout on to M180 and took first turn off towards Bawtry on A18 past Dony racecourse, quiet a few miles less I should think.