Scunthorpe United vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

All those fans begging for attacking football and lots of goals at Hillsborough are about to get their wish.

I'm not sure it will be quite how they imagined.

It's only pre season so it doesn't matter of course but I suspect we are going to take a few matches to let the new system bed in.

Based on what we have seen so far, do we think we will beat BC? They will be bang up for it on their Champ return and in our faces.

Expectations for this game are pretty low tbh - it's a tricky opener.

yep very tricky 

Wasn't saying we would - just that the club would and should treat the opening game as the priority if they want to sell tickets not the pre season games. Any club or coach that asked the players to go out a die for the badge in a warm up would be very short sighted

I have been to one friendly, away at York, and that was enough to deter me from attending any others. I wont be at Hillsborough on Saturday either. I know what I witnessed at York, which was an absolute disgrace, and have only read the opinion of people who presumably were at Glanford Park tonight, when it sounds just as bad as the York game.

His record speaks for itself, and I'm sure if you were picking the man to take over from Stuart Gray, if you saw CC's CV, you'd put it in the "no thanks" tray.

It's a bit like that (for example) twenty five year old player, who appears to have a bit of quality about him, but has already been at nine clubs. This coach has been at fourteen clubs in fourteen years, and that suggests that he's not had a deal of success, and is moved on fairly sharpish.

He'll get my support where it's needed, at matches, as has every other manager, and player regardless of my opinion of them, but on here, I'll express my concerns and reservations.

So I won't say don't despair because that is what we Wednesdayites do best. Everton's motto is Nil Desperandum (don't despair), back in 1993-94 we had to put up with both the desperandum and the NIL.

Actually it's "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum" (Nothing but the best is good enough)