News incoming?!

Don't get me wrong I'm not a massive fan, but the truth is he was probably one of the few we had that could do something when he felt like it.

I just can't understand offering reduced terms, seems like penny pinching to me.

I don't imagine he was on a big wage.

Or maybe we have been paying him way over the odds for X years.

Maybe we are looking at a better player and rather than giving him a long term deal to be sat in the reserves for the next few years we thought "heres a 1 year deal, help got us promoted and see how it goes'

I'd rather us lose a replaceable squad player for next season than have him stuck with us wasting space for the next 3

Edited by DeeeeeJ

we now have no wingers, no creative midfielders , but on the plus side we have plenty of defensive midfielders 

You could turn that around and use it as a positive though...

Midfield is likely going to be a key area for the style we want to play next season, so to be able to start from a clean slate and spend our entire budget on players who fit into these new roles could be a good thing.

Or maybe we have been paying him way over the odds for X years.

Maybe we are looking at a better player and rather than giving him a long term deal to be sat in the reserves for the next few years we thought "heres a 1 year deal, help got us promoted and see how it goes'

I'd rather us lose a replaceable squad player for next season than have him stuck with us wasting space for the next 3

He was signed when we didn't have a pot to píss in. And as far as I'm aware, MM wasn't known for paying people over the odds.

Can't help thinking we are trying to be too clever with recruitment. Unless he was asking for silly money, Maguire was worth a contract. This apparent obsession with random overseas unknowns smacks of a scouting team schooled on Championship manager, and getting carried away.

Our first signing, without a shadow of a doubt should have been McGugan. Maybe that didn't excite the creative juices of a committee that has to prove it's worth, and be seen to be thinking outside the box.

Wow exciting news ffs!*** I'd have kept Maguire tbf good squad player. That's 8 players needed now...!!!

That were probably the issue. He spent 2 season in a position he doesn't like, and now he'd be a squad player. Don't blame him tbf, he's got first team football in him

Bloody hell was hoping it was a signing! So that's 2 English players leaving today, will we become the Arsenal of the championship? (A team full of foreign players)

I know they voted no to independence, but I don't think that makes Scotland become part of England

You could turn that around and use it as a positive though...

Midfield is likely going to be a key area for the style we want to play next season, so to be able to start from a clean slate and spend our entire budget on players who fit into these new roles could be a good thing.

We have Lee, I reckon he'll kick on after last years ever so slightly disappointing season

Be a right wankfest on her if mcgugan turns out to be his replacement

It would be progress, but if we have serious ambitions for promotion, we should be looking at better than McGugan.

If he was the world beater that most on here make out, he would have been in Watfords team

Edited by Miffed

Our first signing, without a shadow of a doubt should have been McGugan. Maybe that didn't excite the creative juices of a committee that has to prove it's worth, and be seen to be thinking outside the box.

To be fair, McGugan couldn't get in a side filled with foreign bargains who were good enough to get promotion from this league.

Not saying he would be a bad signing, but regardless of whether we go for him or not I'd hope we have similar or better talent on our radar.

To be fair, McGugan couldn't get in a side filled with foreign bargains who were good enough to get promotion from this league.

Not saying he would be a bad signing, but regardless of whether we go for him or not I'd hope we have similar or better talent on our radar.

McGugan is a class act. As good a loan signing as we have had, right up there with the likes of Scott Carson and Kenwyne. The possible problem with McGugan is that he may well have something written into his contract that he gets a pay rise, if Watford get promotion. My bet would be that the McGugan saga drags on until the end of August, and a deadline day deal is done, when someone blinks.

We have Lee, I reckon he'll kick on after last years ever so slightly disappointing season

Lee is quite technical though, and comes from a background at Man Utd which won't have done him any harm. I reckon Carlos will see him as a useful player to have in the squad, compared to the likes of Maghoma and Coke who I don't think he'll miss.