News incoming?!

Only time will tell. The Championship is a tough old slog, and players like Maguire are coarse and distance. We will have to spend quite a lot, and be very lucky, to find better than Maguire, in the market we appear to be in. Personally, I would have kept him, and focused elsewhere.

How would we keep him if he wanted to go or play every week? He is not a top 6 side player which is what we need. We have has 3 years of steady, consolidating players. We have to get better but spend smart at the same time.

Maguire isn't a bad player on his day and to be fair he was playing out wide when he's supposed to be a striker.

He looked on his way out after his loan spell at Coventry and did well to get back in side but if he had joined Coventry back then I don't think they'd have been to much concern on here.

I don't like to slate platers. Even ones who are poor. But I could never stand Maguire and never understood why people raved about him so much. He had a purple patch last season and then has been poor for the Las season and a half. Big ego and was part of the three mardy M's, that caused great disruption in the team

Bloody hell if we can't bring in better then the slashers are right we will go down. Or Scottish players are crap. Or he couldn't get in derbys side he must be crap. Or why don't we see who comes in. My bet will be wednesday will progress maguire will remain a lower championship player who won't be remembered by us in a years time

Very overrated on here imo. Does very little except he scored a few worldies last season and takes a good penalty. Wastes possession and gives it away trying either a daft shot or a pass that isn't on. Would have been a better player if he didn't try to do it all himself. Would have only been happy keeping him if he was 4th choice or a backup utility player. Some of our fans seem to get far too attactched to very average players. Good luck to him in the future though

How do you work that out? I've paid £15 more for my season ticket this year. Can't remember it being £60 last year. There's some right plop plop being posted on here at the minute.

Wait until you see what your cost is next year, the "base" price will be considerably higher then so don't gloat, you will feel so used then unless we see a significant improvement on the pitch.

We are yet to bring in attacking players. This opens up another slot for a new face. Which is good imo.

It does, and it is. It also gives us even more work to do, as you can add another winger and a keeper to the shopping list

Not too gutted by Maguire leaving but as far as I can see, the more players leave the larger the re-building job required this summer becomes. We're going to have to add an awful lot of players to the squad in a pretty short period of time. The longer we leave it the more we risk being badly under-prepared for the new season. Would have been nice to keep Maguire just as an option, with him gone it is quite scary that we have no wingers at all to start pre-season training. Hopefully this is a statement of intent and his replacement(s) will be a clear upgrade. Will miss the way he winds up opposition fans though, that was brilliant.

Also - I think it's rather stretching the point for Howson to report this as "breaking news", it was fairly obvious anyway and with us desperate for news of signings tonight was quite the let-down lol