Starting XI for the first home game of the season.

Our new Portuguese manager is hardly going to play the dinosuar English 4-4-2 formation is he?  So I doubt any of these will be right.  Probably 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.  Something like:

Westwood

Palmer Lees Loovens New

Melo    Mcgugan

New         Vossen       Lavery

New 

Westwood

Miguel Lopes         Tom  Lees      Paulo Oliviera      Ruben Ferreira

William Carvalho              Felipe Melo

Jose Semedo

Jao  Mario                  Carlos Mane

Atdhe Nuhiu

I see what you did there.  Very good. 

Guest SHVOwl

Just don't really understand why people have given up any hope on our current players. Yes there is clearly room for improvement in obvious areas of the pitch. Let's not forget, we were not that far off a play off spot last season. So all those jokers saying we need a new squad need to have a reality check.

18 points?

Westwood

New Right Back

New Centre Back

Lees

New Left Back

New Right Winger

New Central Midfielder

Melo

New Left Winger

New Striker

New Striker

Subs

7 New Ones

Too many players in such a short time. They won't gel in time for the start of the season.

A new striker, a left back and 2 wingers in the summer. More improvements in the January window.

Bored of all this manager talk... Would anyone like to hazard a guess at who would be in our starting lineup for the first home game? Only realists need Apply.

Personally..

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Loovens(if he's fit)

Helan

Melo

Hutchinson

New attacking midfielder(hopefully Marshall)

Mcgugan

Nuhui/bus

Lavery

As you can see, this is very similar to the team we have now.. I think people need to stop panicking about signings, I think once we get a new winger in our midfield would be decent (injury permitting).. I think people forget about Lavery as well, doesn't get enough credit for me.

You seem to be forgetting that our new owner is intent on getting promotion. 

Guest TommyTank

.........................Westwood

Palmer.........Lees.........Dielna.........Helan

...................Hutch..........Melo

Lavery...................Lee....................May

..............................Bus

4-3-3

That quote must've been tongue in cheek or something, if you take into account the fellas we've been linked with or are bringing in as head coach and coaches.  WTF:

I think it must be tongue in cheek that people seem to think we're going to release 11(?) players and replace them with 1 or none. 

I think it must be tongue in cheek that people seem to think we're going to release 11(?) players and replace them with 1 or none. 

The player recruitment is and always was going to be the biggest key whether we kept Gray or replaced him a suitable better and more proven replacement

or whether we bring in CC and Cooper or Sheridan or whomever, etc Just seems like a lot to do and a lot of players to bring in and gel.

Hopefully Chansiri, the committee and coaching team will bring in the right players we need. As we're very short of quality apart from mostly in the defensive areas.