Roeder..info please

Yep apparently it seems.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/glenn-roeder-man-behind-cardiff-7819497

“Glenn believes Russell would do a good job for Cardiff,” said our source.

“He would also be interested in becoming Cardiff’s director of football if it were offered, but he does not want a return to front-line management.”

Roeder, himself with strong Orient links after two spells as a player with the London club, knows Slade well.

He believes the man he has recommended is the right fit to work with Tan as the Bluebirds seek an instant return to the Premier League.

Has that ever been officially confirmed or is it still an unamed source from a local nespaper?

Genuine question.

Edited by cactus

"Hardly set the world alight" is being generous.

He was a serial failure in some great manager jobs he somehow secured.

Plus aloof and arrogant with it.

Cannot stand the man.

He's not here to be a manager though.

He arrogant? Good about time this club got arrogant.

Never met the man so can't say if I can or cannot stand him.

Chansisi is the boss but he knows nothing about football.

We were supposed to have appointed a committee of 3 which included Pearson, Roeder and Gray all having input but Gray having final say on players to sign.

Pearson legged it to Leeds which left Roeder and Gray.

Gray gets the boot because he obviously disagreed with what the Committee was proposing. As Gray was half of the Committee it seems to me that Roeder must have been dictating what Gray was to do. Now that doesn't sound like much of a Committee to me, it sounds like someone senior telling someone junior what to do. 

Basically we now have Roeder in charge of football matters at the club. Is anyone delighted at that prospect?

All of the above might be my imagination but I can't see any other way we have got to where we are. It's all a bit of a mess as far as I can see.

Not much any of us can do. Chansiri pays the bills so he can do pretty much as he pleases. We just have to hope things turn out OK.

It's bollux like this that fuels the poo written on here

Nothing against Roeder personally, I just think anyone in the role he's supposed to be in may come in for stick. It appears any new coach or manager answer directly to him do they not?

Where has that been reported.  Yet another Owlstalk myth.

Basically we now have Roeder in charge of football matters at the club. Is anyone delighted at that prospect?

I imagine Roeder is doing the same job now that he'd be doing if we had a head coach.

The system we seem to be establishing means much of the work (scouting, signing players, establishing our football style and system) will be done without the head coach in place.

The head coach is then just brought in to help deliver this vision with the squad and on the pitch.

I know it's alien to a lot of people, but in reality it's simply separating out the responsibilities of the traditional manager into different jobs for different people.

It should lighten the load on single individuals and mean that it becomes a little easier to replace any cogs in the system which stop working or try to move in a different direction.

The only issue with these systems is that the vision needs to be correct from the offset. If it's not, then the whole system may need to be changed.

Only time will tell, but I'm sure by the start of the season many will look back at this moment and think, WTF were we worried about.

Nothing against Roeder personally, I just think anyone in the role he's supposed to be in may come in for stick. It appears any new coach or manager answer directly to him do they not?

That has got to be rubbish. Head coach/manager and other "committee" managers report directly to DC.

Guest Ash76

So everyone on here has succeeded at every job they've had? Some peoples talents need to be harnessed correctly. Maybe cc is a brilliant tactician but can't do the fitness side of things? Maybe reorder was good at identifying players but poor at organising them? Maybe coopers good at fitness but can't organise a defender?

Maybe the days of one guy being expected to do everything has gone?

Take your well thought out, balanced and reasoned reply off this forum please. This is Owlstalk remember

Have to say whilst being neither for or against Roeder in his current role I have found the way he’s been received to be particularly disappointing and in some cases extremely embarrassing….

Aside from the personal insults, the hearsay and even comments about his appearance there is one statement that I find particularly hard to accept, its also been levelled at Mr Chansiri.

“people need to earn respect”

Do they really?? Surely, respect is a courtesy that most of us extend to everyone we encounter? Sure, people may loose your respect or gain more through their actions but for some on here it seems people should start from a position of no respect until some is gained!! Seriously? It’s even more disappointing that people can take that stance whilst knowing very little about someone and having never met them in person.

We know next to nothing about what’s going on behind closed doors at the moment yet despite that and mainly through prejudice Roeder has somehow been elevated to arch villain status, the architect of all things bad……

Roeder would not have been someone I’d necessarily have chosen but he’ll have my respect until there is a sensible argument against it.

He is getting the brunt of the stick because he's the only one on what remains of the 'committee' that most people have heard of.  Hence he seems like the senior member - who knows if he actually is.

He also doesn't have the most reassuring track record as a manager.

The main worry is we are giving people with a track record of failure important positions at the club!

As for Roeder as a person, he doesn't come across well and has an arrogance about him, he is just not very likeable, although I could deal with that if he was successful!

He sent the 'boys' round to Pearson's and scared him of to Leeds, he slept with Gray's missus which subsequently resulted in a weapon-laden 'fight-to-the-death' brawl in the boardroom (has Gray been seen since he was 'sacked'... I think not), and he's currently got Senior and Hill tied up in a secret service detention centre while he assumes TOTAL CONTROL of Sheffield Wednesday, just to make sure everyone knows the 'committee' is him and him alone.

He will then complete his evil plan by appointing Dr. Evil and D!ck Dastardly as the new joint-management team.  Carvalhal is just a smokescreen and buying time, the slight issue is that Muttley is awaiting clearance from border control to enter the country - Dastardly won't sign the deal until its sorted, but its all ready to go.  The playing squad will spend pre-season constructing the Glenn Roeder mega-statue on the Kop roof, and a giant throne for him to sit on next to the dug-out.

So my sources tell me anyway.

Edited by blueandwhitematt

The main worry is we are giving people with a track record of failure important positions at the club!

As for Roeder as a person, he doesn't come across well and has an arrogance about him, he is just not very likeable, although I could deal with that if he was successful!

You know him personally then...probably worked with him within football ?