Roeder..info please

Guest wilyfox

Isn't this the first time he's occupied such a position? Until he starts writing one, he doesn't have a track record.

I'm sceptical about Roeder. 'Supposedly' he has excellent contacts in the game. I'll have to wait and see if that pays dividends for us. Let's be honest, he didn't really have a successful managerial career.

However, as I said previously, the committee worries me. I would much rather have a proven manager in to do things his way, rather than potentially be dictated by people on the committee.

Guest arobert

"Hardly set the world alight" is being generous.

He was a serial failure in some great manager jobs he somehow secured.

Plus aloof and arrogant with it.

Cannot stand the man.

I'm sceptical about Roeder. 'Supposedly' he has excellent contacts in the game. I'll have to wait and see if that pays dividends for us. Let's be honest, he didn't really have a successful managerial career.

However, as I said previously, the committee worries me. I would much rather have a proven manager in to do things his way, rather than potentially be dictated by people on the committee.

Sceptical too and personally I too would rather a more of a manager type rather than a head coach type and/or someone more proven at least and upgrade upon Gray and not the likes of CC; Riga, Sheridan or Cooper. My biggest concern about Roeder, has I've got nothing against him or his appointment to be honest, is his involvement at Cardiff working with that loon Tan and advising Tan to bring in Russell Slade. People make mistakes though to be fair and some coaches, etc can be awful at some clubs but decent at others. So he at least deserves a chance, hopefully it will work out and the committee will prove a success like some of the better versions of it in the PL or abroad, and if it doesn't work then I'm sure Chansiri will replace the committee members with new members or scrap it further down the line or something, same as if a head coach is brought in and isn't an improvement upon Gray and turns out to be the wrong choice, then I'm pretty sure someone else can be brought in eventually as we're led to believe we've got a bigger budget and more resources now. Time will tell but mistakes will be made and Chansiri and the committee will learn from them but hopefully in the long run they'll get it right one way or another.

Roeder has come in for so much abuse on here I wondered if someone could tell the rest of us about his background as a DoF so we can make an informed choice...waits with bated breath

An informed choice about what?

Chansiri has chosen him, it's got f*ck all to do with you.

Guest Fedor

"Hardly set the world alight" is being generous.

He was a serial failure in some great manager jobs he somehow secured.

Plus aloof and arrogant with it.

Cannot stand the man.

My sentiments exactly.

Has history of upsetting fans too.