Most nervous game you been to or listen to

Guest Gazzaswfc

Yea that stevenage v blunts game i watched had to go for a fast walk around the block after 85 minutes because they were having some good chances and i believed they would do it. Massive relief when i checked again.

The game antonio scored the lastsecond winner i was on the kop hands on head thinking we had thrown it away butthen went absolute mental

Blades v Stevenage

Us v Brentford

Us v Carlisle

That Palace match v West Brom(I think)

Any Derby day(United, Doncaster, Rotherham or Leeds)

Wasn't really nervous for Boro or Wycombe. I just had the feeling we were gonna edge ourselves over the line.

Nail on the head.

Also wasn't nervous for Boro or Wycombe. Knew everything would be reyt on both of those days.

I remember that Leicester away game. I was briefly living in Leicester when that match was on, but couldn't get a ticket in the away end. Rather than sit with the Leicester fans and risk a kicking if I accidentally revealed my true allegiance during a tense relegation six-pointer, I thought I'd just listen on Wednesday Player while trying to get some work done.

As it was a balmy April day, I cracked open the window to reveal a hitherto hidden feature of my bedroom which served to create one of the most tortuous 90 minutes of football I can remember: I could hear the loudest roars of the crowd from the Leicester ground, and there was a 60 second delay on the Wednesday Player commentary! 

Every time a cheer went up, I had no idea which side had scored - the Wednesday roars seemed just as loud as the Leicester ones from the distance I was sat - cueing an anxious 60 seconds as I awaited the goal via the radio. Even when it sounded like Wednesday were on the attack, I still didn't relax until the goal was confirmed as ours - you just never know with Wednesday, do you!?

Also, I just checked the BBC match report to see if my memory is correct and the game finished 3-1 to us. But Brian Laws' post-match comment is a pearler:

"If anybody tells me football is not stressful I think I will have to knock them out. What a game!"

lol

chelsea away 1991 league cup semi 1st leg 

Never bothered me did this. Maybe summat to do with the large quantities of ale the night before, or the bizarre ko time & the complete lack of atmosphere.

Whereas the 2nd leg was a proper celebration night, & a great game.

Hated the Palace 2010 match on tv though. Seemed inevitable we'd drop, but clung to faint hope.

Probably the Carlisle home match before Antonio popped up. Never doubted we'd beat Wycombe to clinch it.

Didn't enjoy the cup final replay v Arsenal either. Always on edge of seat & expecting the worst. Which we got, as usual!

Guest minsk owl

April 1970 vs Man City,  the last 30 mins after Coleman's equaliser ..............  

only for Mr. Ian  ( i want to play in the Cup Winners Cup final )  Bowyer ,  to ruin it all

The palarse game that sent us down. Sat in the Kop desperately hoping we were going to save it at the death.

The Wycombe game until we scored. The atmosphere was brilliant, but we played like to$$ers until that first goal.

Play off final when squeaky stepped up for the penalty.

Guest sotonowl

1975/1976 Thu 29 Apr Sheff. Wed. 2 - 1 Southend Utd. Third Division  

A loss would have sent us to Division 4 for the first time.

I'm still affected by that game as I thought we had won 2-0??

Put me down for that one as well.

Thought it was stockport and we'd won 3-1, see how the memory plays tricks on you

Guest sotonowl

Plat off semis V Brentford only contact I had was text as in Egypt at the time. We won away leg and the family was great entertainment for the Egyptian waiters who all became Wednesdayites. Superstition forced us back there for the home leg and we celebrated into the night.  

That's strange Nev, I remember that game as well but I was on holiday in India at the time visiting the Taj Mahal.

I rang my local pub at home in southampton which sounded very busy and got the landlord on the phone.

So i says to him "Barry, I'm in the Taj Mahal so I can't speak too loudly, have you any idea how Wednesdays getting on"

Barry shouts over all the noise "Oi, i've got Jim on the phone, he's in some Indian restaurant and wants to know how that team he supports is getting on, anybody know"

lol

League cup final 1991

I was confident before the game that we would win

But after Sheridan scored, my nerves just got worse and worse

The second half seemed to drag on for ever

And the last 5 minutes were torture

I wept buckets at the final whistle

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

The final minutes of the Man City game in January were torture.

You just knew they were going to get a winner. But the longer it went on with them missing chance...after chance...after chance I really thought we were destined to take them to a replay.

Gutted.

Nervous.
There's been a few.
The Cup final win though....every Manchester attack I has my head in my heads.

As for for listening, I wasn't particularly nervous but I do have a  Radio related Wednesday episode.

I was at a Wedding Reception .
A chap at our table had his wireless with him and Wednesday were 1-1 with twenty minutes to play.
I nipped to the toilet in preparation to make some room for the buffet which was to be opened around 6pm
By the time I returned from my ablutions he informed me The Wednesday had capitulated and we were 7-1 down.

I don't have the words to explain my incredulity. After gaping at him for a while I took his Radio to my ear and waited for my own confirmation.
I still remember the solemn tones of Steve Banyard as he relayed it as truth.

Then I got very ,very drunk.

Most nervous before a game is always any game against United.

Most nervous iv been during a game was after Hartlepool went 2-1 up in the play off final, i thought we had blown it, felt sick lol

And also the United game against stevenage was horrible when they got it back to 2-2