Most nervous game you been to or listen to

Guest Gazzaswfc

Guest ScrimOwl61

Definitely the Southend game in the 75/76 season, to stay up we needed a draw or win, and Southend needed to win to stay up. Thankfully after a nervous 2-1 win we relegated Southend, what a night!!

Definitely the Southend game in the 75/76 season, to stay up we needed a draw or win, and Southend needed to win to stay up. Thankfully after a nervous 2-1 win we relegated Southend, what a night!!

Regret not getting to that match. I was in Cambridge and desperate to hear news of the game. Remember sitting in my car listening to the 10.00pm news and waiting for the football scores - heart pounding. Then it came Sheffield Wednesday 2 Southend (holds breath) 1. What a relief.

Hull City away - the game that secured the play offs for us

From memory, we absolutely battered them, got the deserved lead and then when they scored the penalty equalizer, I thought here we go

After the rubbish we served against Stockport and Oldham, plus being robbed against Tranmere thanks to the worst officiating of a game I've ever seen by officials (cheers Marriner), I thought we were going to blow it.

Then Quinn scored to guarantee it - phew!

I knew then we'd win the play offs a hard way as it's the Wednesday way

----

This is closely followed by Pigs v Stevenage. When Beattie missed that chance, I had to turn off and went for a walk round the block sick as hell, I thought they were going to score a winner and I couldn't watch. Once I came back in, checked the bbc vidiprinter and it showed FT Sheff Utd 2-2 Stevenage, it was celebration time as I was ever so confident that we would beat Wycombe.

We've had some poor officials over the years at Hillsborough but that game really was one of the worst.

Watched the Blunts Stevenage game with my mrs - a Blade. I was convinced the spawny beggars would score a third. Let's just say the atmosphere was tense in our house when the final whistle finally went. Had to go for a good walk after that as I don't think my celebrations would have done our relationship any good!

Leicester away when Clarke lobbed in the third was horrendous until Slusarski scored. The celebrations when the third goal went in were ridiculous though.

The Palace game and the Palace/West Brom game a few days before.

Brentford away was worse than the Pigs/Stevenage game. Both were awful though.

The Carlisle game might be the most emotional I've been after a goal. When Antonio scored. SHIIIIT! Still get goosebumps thinking about it.

Brentford Home/Away in play offs. I booked tickets for the away match and just wanted for us to be still in it in the away leg.

The Brentford Away match in 2012 was ridiculous, I was having heart palpatations. I was driving when we scored the second and nearly crashed the car. So much so the wife to be made me pull the car over in Hillsborough park and she drove home. I was switching the radio on and off, phoning me mate who was there, taking a shower, going for a walk. Then I had to do it all again during United Stevenage game. I think I cried a bit when it was full time and we ended the day one point above United.

Already been said, but that Blunts vs Stevenage game was absolute torture.

Horrible.

I didn't sit down for the whole second half. Spent the last five minutes running up and down the stairs, because I couldn't bear to watch, yet didn't want to miss a thing.

Knowing that the whole season was resting on a game that we weren't even involved in was horrible, especially considering it was them you were involved in it.

All worked out in the end though.

Already been said, but that Blunts vs Stevenage game was absolute torture.

Horrible.

I didn't sit down for the whole second half. Spent the last five minutes running up and down the stairs, because I couldn't bear to watch, yet didn't want to miss a thing.

Knowing that the whole season was resting on a game that we weren't even involved in was horrible, especially considering it was them you were involved in it.

All worked out in the end though.

Really enjoyed the Stevenage game....Went down to the local..which is wall to wall Owls...3 Blades in....OIne of whom said he was in cos he couldn't get a ticket, which led to Shedloads of Owls sayin' "Theres a seat there...theres a seat there"..everytime the camera passed an empty seat....One even offered to get him a taxi..cos.."He could still make it before kick off"....Jeff Beck and "Hi Ho" was on the jukebox...It was sheer Owls willing them to f.ook up..they gladly obliged....

I can remember near the end of the night...sitting next to an Owls fan I'd never met before...and him saying..."all we have to do is beat Wycombe"...I mean that was all we had to do..

We did it...but I was honestly never nervous about the Wycombe game..Probably cos of the "Gap" thingy..It was only ever  gonna end up one way..........

We did it...but I was honestly never nervous about the Wycombe game..Probably cos of the "Gap" thingy..It was only ever  gonna end up one way..........

Yeah I was not nervous at all about the Wycombe game.

It just seemed that it was meant to be.

The game was a walk in the park. Never in any danger. It was just one big party.