Average 30k in the top

A lot depends on SYP

I would expect some serious pressure be applied so that we can actually use the capacity of the ground.

If so then you'd be looking at 5 or 6 gates of 38k plus and an average of 33/34

JV is saying our support isn't much better than pigs but is leeds much better than ours? No it isn't we've had better average crowds than them many times down the years in both the top rwo divisions the last time two years ago when we finished well below them

JV is saying our support isn't much better than pigs but is leeds much better than ours? No it isn't we've had better average crowds than them many times down the years in both the top rwo divisions the last time two years ago when we finished well below them

JV is a mixture between an accountant and a statistician..I bet he's a fookin' scream at a party...

He pops up on every attendance or finance thread...like some sorta passionless party pooper...

I can Imagine him sat at Elland Rd...as the crowd roars the team on....1-0 down wiv 5 to go..sayin'...

"Do you realise, none of these ..on the gelderd end are actually "Energy savin' lightbulbs..."

Edited by asteener1867

I think you add to the attendance any child under 20 who has never seen a top class player.

Like it or not when/if the likes of Aguero, Sanchez are on the visiting team bus some kids will be tugging their old Dads arm for a visit to Hillsborough even if they have scant care for The Wednesday.

Edited by Lord Snooty

Football has always been in flux..The Wednesday have oft times averaged more in the second division than the first..cos it was simply about football and not tangled up with the elitist fookwhittery we have now...

If Wednesday reached the Prem in the next few seasons we would sell out...

First game against any f.ooker

Man Utd

Chelsea

Liverpool

Arsenal

Newcastle

Man City

By then we would probably be in a relegation scrap...So its a siege mentality and we would pull high 20's against most any other..

Two decades near enough we have been down amongst the dead men...In that time..attendances have risen...As would ours...

Average..I reckon mid 30's

you controdict yourself ......you want 5k less seats but then say we shouldnt spend money on the ground so the only way to do that is to close down a part of it ....what would you suggest the grandstand and a bit of the kop .? quite how doing that ups the quality of the "match experience " i´d be interested to know .

Contradiction denied your honour!

1) re ground investment, Nev's hike to 50k would involve lots of dosh - that was context for my point about 60s and 90s. Hence IMHO Re Chansiri cash - priority has to be the team. Related point re stadium is I would not worry at all if a phased redeveloping of West and concourse, screens on corners and cantilever roofing of Kop impinge negatively on capacity - it could lead to greater ST demand. More controversially, I know it sounds counter intuitive, but a case can be made to restrict the grandstand for targeted promotional activity particularly re next generation eg Schools.

2) re improvements to match day experience, besides atmosphere (witness numerous threads elsewhere) there is no reason why with a bit of imagination, the stadium itself couldn't become more of a rendezvous of choice.

Not the key factor but there is a quotient of some kind relating to spend per attendee and when we were last in Prem we were among lowest (acc to one of commercial dudes at the time)

JV is a mixture between an accountant and a statistician..I bet he's a fookin' scream at a party...

He pops up on every attendance or finance thread...like some sorta passionless party pooper...

I can Imagine him sat at Elland Rd...as the crowd roars the team on....1-0 down wiv 5 to go..sayin'...

"Do you realise, none of these ..on the gelderd end are actually "Energy savin' lightbulbs..."

Don't have a go at him, he will put your posts on ignore and he only responds to the ones he thinks he can win the debate against anyway.

Of course we would average over 35k in 1st couple of seasons back in the top flight.

After that depends on a few things particular success but 28-35k it would level at.

This is based on this season average say 20k home fans, last decent season in any league average 24k home fans so add say 4-5k due to premier novelty along with bigger away followings means easy 35k plus then if we were challenging for Europe we could keep this up, midtable we would dip to 24-25k home fans so away fans would still get average close to 30k.

Understand that -

Chelsea

Arsenal

Man Utd

Man City

Liverpool

Spurs

Everton

Newcastle

Would all sell out the away end along with -

West Ham

Sunderland

Villa

All bringing 4-5k

Rest would vary again depending on how there doing but say averge 2k well you do the sums.

Edited by coopswfc76

Bar Manchester United, Sunderland, Newcastle United and Manchester City - i'd be extremely surprised if any other club sells out the whole of the Leppings Lane end, in the event we get to the PL

There is no way on earth Liverpool or Everton will bring the capacity amount. In fact, i'd be shocked if they don't sell out the whole of the upper tier of the LL.

The London clubs wouldn't bring the required 5500 to fill the leppings lane either.

27000 would be a reasonable average amount, unless we opened the lower tier of the leppings lane, which may increase the average to around 28500 - 30000. PL clubs are not as well supported away from home as some imagine.

I'm personally not convinced we've got the home support we like to think we do - we've hardly ever averaged 30k in the last 50 years compared to other clubs we tend to think of ourselves as being as big as. Maybe that would change in the modern era if we got promoted, but the fact is we'd be looking at mid-table at best, and the novelty of losing more than winning in the Prem would wear off after a few seasons.

A lot would depend on prices too I'd guess.

What a load of tripe. When we were a Premier League club our average attendance was not that good. I am no statto but I remember going to the ground around half full during the late 90's. My guess is that our Premier League average would be about 24,000. Not bad but nowt to shout home about. Many of our fans are part time glory hunters, lets not kid ourselves.

Wednesday fans......glory hunters.....in the same sentance.....

Bar Manchester United, Sunderland, Newcastle United and Manchester City - i'd be extremely surprised if any other club sells out the whole of the Leppings Lane end, in the event we get to the PL

There is no way on earth Liverpool or Everton will bring the capacity amount. In fact, i'd be shocked if they don't sell out the whole of the upper tier of the LL.

The London clubs wouldn't bring the required 5500 to fill the leppings lane either.

27000 would be a reasonable average amount, unless we opened the lower tier of the leppings lane, which may increase the average to around 28500 - 30000. PL clubs are not as well supported away from home as some imagine.

This is true,

As a comparison, this season Burnley offer an away allocation of 4200, so quite a big number of seats to fill. Their average away attendance is just over 2,700 and all the big clubs have visited already.

Selling out 7-8000 at Hillsborough = Man United and Liverpool.

The rest will depend on the timing of the fixture, how the other team is performing and the price.

Like I posted, an away average of 3 - 3.5k would be about right, meaning to get to the 35k+ average you'd have to sell out all home seats for every game.

This is true,

As a comparison, this season Burnley offer an away allocation of 4200, so quite a big number of seats to fill. Their average away attendance is just over 2,700 and all the big clubs have visited already.

Selling out 7-8000 at Hillsborough = Man United and Liverpool.

The rest will depend on the timing of the fixture, how the other team is performing and the price.

Like I posted, an away average of 3 - 3.5k would be about right, meaning to get to the 35k+ average you'd have to sell out all home seats for every game.

Leeds fan i for one Know for a fact Leeds would get over 30,000 in premier .As for Wednesday Liverpool ,Man utd  Would be sell outs because of Liverpool and Man Utd fans who live round here little kids round here who support them would want to come .They would bring a good following clubs like these Newcastle always bring great following.36-38000 gates these Arsenal never follow in great numbers Spurs same .Chelsea fair away but good teams fans would want to see these 33-35000, Then 25-28000 Swansea,West Brom.West ham,Stoke.Southampton.Also depends on quality of our team but i think our average would be around 30,000 .