Average 30k in the top

Leeds fan i for one Know for a fact Leeds would get over 30,000 in premier .As for Wednesday Liverpool ,Man utd  Would be sell outs because of Liverpool and Man Utd fans who live round here little kids round here who support them would want to come .They would bring a good following clubs like these Newcastle always bring great following.36-38000 gates these Arsenal never follow in great numbers Spurs same .Chelsea fair away but good teams fans would want to see these 33-35000, Then 25-28000 Swansea,West Brom.West ham,Stoke.Southampton.Also depends on quality of our team but i think our average would be around 30,000 .

Of course they would, we regularly averaged 35k+ in the PL and we already pay PL prices in the Championship.

According to some posters on here the games changed so much since the late 90's early 2000's we'll probably need a  50k stadium for when we return. (which of course we won't because it hasn't).

I also said your average would be around 30k.

Of course they would, we regularly averaged 35k+ in the PL and we already pay PL prices in the Championship.

According to some posters on here the games changed so much since the late 90's early 2000's we'll probably need a  50k stadium for when we return. (which of course we won't because it hasn't).

I also said your average would be around 30k.

Once again you're failing to take into account the lack of loyalty shown by Leeds fans over recent years.

You'd probably average around 26/27k which I think is really good.

Guest totemowl

Not sure if it has been mentioned but we get a massive feel good factor and publicity if we got to promotion to the Premier league.

Cant see anyway we would not get 30K per match for the first couple of seasons at least if we went up.

Spot on...

except of course unless the stadium is being redeveloped for expansion, which could mean we play to full houses just short of 30k for a season (or two).

We'd p!$$ on Leeds attendances if we were both in the premier league these days

But JV won't ever admit to that

Leeds fans travel well but aren't as loyal at home as Wednesday fans.

Personally, I think everybody is underestimating the crowds that would be achieved by clubs like Wednesday, FOrest and Leeds if they returned to the PL after such a long absence. For the first few seasons, Leeds would sell out every single match and even though JV said it tongue in cheek, I think Leeds could fill a 50,000 stadium for a couple of years. To do it beyond that they would need to be top 6. (Unless JV thinks Newcastle are a far bigger club than Leeds)

Wednesday would sell out for nearly every match for the simple fact that we would sell close to 30,000 season tickets. For the first time in our history, fans would be worried about not getting tickets for the bigger games. United averaged well over 30,000 so I find it impossible to think we would do anything less. We would get so many local 'football' fans who do not support Wednesday that would want to attend the big games, this is where football has changed. The PL is now a brand and this wouldn't have happened 15 years ago. Plus, even the most die hard United fan would admit that Wednesday have a bigger fan base and the ability to pull in more fans for one off big matches. As seen when there were 38,000 Wednesday fans in attendance v Wycombe.

You had a decent team in that period though -in 12 seasons, you finished outside the top 5 just 3 times. That's the kind of sustained success that builds loyalty.

Just have to look across the city at how football has changed in terms of fan numbers.

United went down in 94 with an average of 19k. They only managed an average of 22k in 92 despite finishing in the top half of the top division. Spent 12 years out of the top flight, came back up and averaged 30k. Just out of nowhere. Huge increase that shows the drawing power of the modern PL. This is a club that's only managed to scrape over 20k on a handful of occasions in the last 20 odd years, never mind 30.

Once again you're failing to take into account the lack of loyalty shown by Leeds fans over recent years.

You'd probably average around 26/27k which I think is really good.

26/27? where not talking about you and Horny owls IQ's here.

Your going to have to explain the lack of loyalty shown by LUFC fans to me. Unless you think that a 26,546 average in the third division is a lack loyalty.

We'd p!$$ on Leeds attendances if we were both in the premier league these days

But JV won't ever admit to that

Leeds fans travel well but aren't as loyal at home as Wednesday fans.

26/27? where not talking about you and Horny owls IQ's here.

Your going to have to explain the lack of loyalty shown by LUFC fans to me. Unless you think that a 26,546 average in the third division is a lack loyalty.

Oh the irony!

Guest _Ibbo_

Could easily reach 35k if you include away fans. Newcastle, Everton, Liverpool, City, Man U, Villa would all probably fill the lapping lane.

I think we can safely assume based on historical/current attendances and perceived fan base size that SWFC in the Premiership as it is with an average side by such standards would average 34/35k. LUFC would at least match that and it pains me to say but would probably pull nearer 40k. They wouldn’t need a 50k seater stadium though.

it's a joke mate, ya know a bit tongue in cheek, chill out.

It would perhaps be funny if your intended joke didn't include a glaring error in the use of the English langauge which you have evidently failed to spot. Joke is on you.

Chill out.

I think we can safely assume based on historical/current attendances and perceived fan base size that SWFC in the Premiership as it is with an average side by such standards would average 34/35k. LUFC would at least match that and it pains me to say but would probably pull nearer 40k. They wouldn’t need a 50k seater stadium though.

Probably about right, pretty poor for a club of their size in a big city with a large catchment area with no major rivals for support close by.

Personally, I think everybody is underestimating the crowds that would be achieved by clubs like Wednesday, FOrest and Leeds if they returned to the PL after such a long absence. For the first few seasons, Leeds would sell out every single match and even though JV said it tongue in cheek, I think Leeds could fill a 50,000 stadium for a couple of years. To do it beyond that they would need to be top 6. (Unless JV thinks Newcastle are a far bigger club than Leeds)

Wednesday would sell out for nearly every match for the simple fact that we would sell close to 30,000 season tickets. For the first time in our history, fans would be worried about not getting tickets for the bigger games. United averaged well over 30,000 so I find it impossible to think we would do anything less. We would get so many local 'football' fans who do not support Wednesday that would want to attend the big games, this is where football has changed. The PL is now a brand and this wouldn't have happened 15 years ago. Plus, even the most die hard United fan would admit that Wednesday have a bigger fan base and the ability to pull in more fans for one off big matches. As seen when there were 38,000 Wednesday fans in attendance v Wycombe.

well i´m no unitedite but i´d question that we have a bigger fan base . what tells me this is that for semi at wembley both clubs sold more or less the same amount of tickets ........where we have the drop on them is we turn out in adversity they tend not to bother if they are struggling .

It would perhaps be funny if your intended joke didn't include a glaring error in the use of the English langauge which you have evidently failed to spot. Joke is on you.

Chill out.

:laugh:  please tell me you didn't pull me up on my grammar then spelt language wrong!!!  :laugh:

hirstyboywonder, Owlstalk legend. The jokes on you, my friend.